Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

The RBC heritage is one of the 8 signature events on tour with no cut & more prize money / Fed Ex points...Most of the main players have teed it up...Scheffler mentioned he'll be taking some time off after this tournament concludes.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I took it more as Scottie - like so many expectant first time dads before him - got carried away with making sure everyone knew he was ready to drop everything- when realistically there was pretty much no chance of this happening last week, in the absence of an emergency. Thankfully. Press ran with it, and kept running. Not surprising given Scottie is not an excitement machine.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Scottie isn’t that devious.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
In another viewpoint it makes him look very good with mothers/mothers to be and families. That he on the cusp of potentially winning would drop everything. One wonders if he'd say what he said if he didnt already have a masters victory.

that we will never know.

fc540de7-4b7c-41c7-8a0d-2bc4730a61e7_text.gif

In another viewpoint it makes him look very good with mothers/mothers to be and families. That he on the cusp of potentially winning would drop everything. One wonders if he'd say what he said if he didnt already have a masters victory.

that we will never know.
Easy to say when the due date was miles off.

5 shot lead with 4 to play - Scottie is untouchable.

Edit: and then he rinses one...

Edit: and then he makes par with an up and down in the dark after play was called. What a gun.

Last edited:
cantlay stopping on 18th after 2nd shot to 18th was basically in dark
Guessing he thought that even if he did finish out with a par, he would still have to turn up tomorrow anyway? Just in case Scottie implodes or the bub decides it's go time.

PGA gets bitten on the arse by weather, but it deserves it after this stupid piece of scheduling. Would have made a lot more sense to be playing doubles at the Zurich this weekend, then play Hilton Head next week.

As it is we now have next week's gimmicky event followed by the Byron Nelson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took me a while - but eventually got it.

I would like to see if Collingwood can arrange for Nelly to meet Nick Daicos. The bloodlines should be joined.

Edit: for clarity, the golfer, not the musician
That's a no from me on that point of view! I've got a feeling North Melbourne are secretly having discussions with Nelly's management team to arrange a meeting with Harry Sheezel and the club in the next couple of weeks to discuss several things one of which is about the art of winning!
Womens Golf Reaction GIF by LPGA
Nelly Korda Win GIF by LPGA

PGA TOUR {Zurich Classic} Doubles format
N.Hojgaard / R.Hojgaard $20 at $17

DP WORLD TOUR {ISPS Handa} In Japan
C. Bezuidenhout $20 at $13
R. Mansell $15 at $41
T. Mckibbin $10 at $26
E. Ferguson $10 at $34
C. Syme $5 at $41

outlay $80

STEVE PALMER TIPS
B. Horschel & T. Alexander
S. Straka & B. Garnett

BEN COLEY TIPS
S. Theegala & W. Zalatoris

PGA TOUR {Zurich Classic} Doubles format
N.Hojgaard / R.Hojgaard $20 at $17

DP WORLD TOUR {ISPS Handa} In Japan
C. Bezuidenhout $20 at $13
R. Mansell $15 at $41
T. Mckibbin $10 at $26
E. Ferguson $10 at $34
C. Syme $5 at $41

outlay $80

STEVE PALMER TIPS
B. Horschel & T. Alexander
S. Straka & B. Garnett

BEN COLEY TIPS
S. Theegala & W. Zalatoris
Scottie & Nelly must be costing you a fortune 😂

Scottie & Nelly must be costing you a fortune 😂
Yeah you could say that, but like a punter losing on a Saturday on the horses, when the races are over you forget about it and carry on. In a way I'm happy for Nelly as she is one of my favourite players and she is back on top as the no1 player in the world where she belongs. Covid, illness and a couple of other things for the last couple of years have played havoc with her and now we are seeing what she can do when she is healthy!

Scotty, Scotty, what more can you say about the man, a champion golfer who has in the last three years really improved his game to an extent that he's showing just how good he is under pressure in tournaments. Saying all that, all golfers have their runs so to speak, its just that those two extended their runs to record breaking runs, but what can you do? Not bet? Nah, where's the fun in that and while there is no fun in losing, to be a gambler you must take the good with the bad, its very simple, if you can't do that then betting is not for you. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back