Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled over to Part 2:

I'd like see biological women be gatekeepers over their spaces. If the majority choose to allow transwomen in, the decision stands.

Given that most SRP posters seem to be LW biological men, it's mind-blowing to me that they feel comfortable pushing their views on the issue in possible opposition to biological women.

Rational centrists want biological women to have a voice.
The rational bit seems quite the stumbling block for the lw posters on here.

The governing body of a sport generally seems more like upper management than a union.
So you think the decision should be made by the competitors (equivalent to say aflpa making decisions rather than afl commission)? Competitors may not have full picture of information though I agree they need to have a voice and representation to decisions. I’d say on specifically the trans women competing issue it would or should be proportionate to safety risks. There are no safety risks from trans inclusion in surfing as far as on water competition goes that I can see.
And I think scoring is based on more aesthetic than straight speed/ time/power so I am not convinced that there would be an inherent advantage for even a cis male let alone a trans woman over a cis female.

So you think the decision should be made by the competitors (equivalent to say aflpa making decisions rather than afl commission)? Competitors may not have full picture of information though I agree they need to have a voice and representation to decisions. I’d say on specifically the trans women competing issue it would or should be proportionate to safety risks. There are no safety risks from trans inclusion in surfing as far as on water competition goes that I can see.
And I think scoring is based on more aesthetic than straight speed/ time/power so I am not convinced that there would be an inherent advantage for even a cis male let alone a trans woman over a cis female.
Do all major sports have representative bodies for competitors? Without doing the research, I doubt it. I suspect they're at the mercy of politics for the most part.

I personally favour 'biological female' and 'open' categories for professional sporting leagues where there's any question of an advantage. In that model, biological females are also able to compete against men in the open category if they wish to do so. It's fair and inclusive for all.

It's like when there was suddenly a Cooper's boycott after their 'Keep it light ' bible can during the gay marriage plebiscite

Maybe because I had grown up in Adel so maybe it was more common knowledge there that Cooper's were big time Liberal party donors and massive conservatives - but it was like it was all brand new news in the Melbourne circles I was around - weird reaction I thought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like when there was suddenly a Cooper's boycott after their 'Keep it light ' bible can during the gay marriage plebiscite

Maybe because I had grown up in Adel so maybe it was more common knowledge there that Cooper's were big time Liberal party donors and massive conservatives - but it was like it was all brand new news in the Melbourne circles I was around - weird reaction I thought
Methodists originally too somewhat ironically for brewers. Another of the do as I say not as I do religious crowd.

Is that the bakery that doesn't sell pies and sausage rolls?
Yep I'm boycotting them for Australian nationalist stuff and for not being Aussie enough and selling Australia everyDay products. Even Vietnamese bakeries sell pies. Don't buy them though because their banh mi are usually much better.

Don't know what that means so I looked it up on an urban dictionary:

noun.

-the disorder of a victims sphincter not closing in time during a questionable fart, in turn releasing poo into said victims pants. Must happen on more that one occasion during a day to qualify.

Have you had a really bad Bakers Delight experience?

Woke is best summed up by arguing a point of view without sharing in the downside of that view.

Like someone chanting in the street about bringing down capitalism - all while holding the latest smartphone.

Many more examples abound:

The social justice warrior I knew who used to swan around town making a tidy living preaching about social justice and equity - yet they wouldn't think twice of ridiculing a retail worker or abusing a taxi driver.

Woke was fermented in those heedy years of low interest rates and the break out of social media. The rise of social media has allowed an especially toxic form of woke.

The form where the participants believe that their cause is so just, so virtuous, that hitherto social norms that chararetised civil society, such as the presumption of innocence, these were nothing but cliches or trivialities that could be tossed away in the breeze.

Don't know what that means so I looked it up on an urban dictionary:

noun.

-the disorder of a victims sphincter not closing in time during a questionable fart, in turn releasing poo into said victims pants. Must happen on more that one occasion during a day to qualify.

Have you had a really bad Bakers Delight experience?

That is why I keep a spare bag of clothes in my car. Remember once having a Pepsi max in my car and it just went right through me.

Has to get the car detailed the weekafter.

I remember pulling out about 20 dominoes boxes out of the passenger footwell before going to the detailers. Have a bad habit of ordering pizzas and smashing them down before I get out of the carpark. Haha. Just toss the empty box on the floor of the car.

Woke is best summed up by arguing a point of view without sharing in the downside of that view.

Like someone chanting in the street about bringing down capitalism - all while holding the latest smartphone.

The social justice warrior I knew who used to swan around town making a tidy living preaching about social justice and equity - yet they wouldn't think twice of ridiculing a retail worker or abusing a taxi driver.

Woke was fermented in those heedy years of low interest rates and the break out of social media. The rise of social media has allowed an especially toxic form of woke.

The form where the participants believe that their cause is so just, so virtuous, that hitherto social norms that chararetised civil society, such as the presumption of innocence, these were nothing but cliches or trivialities that could be tossed away in the breeze.
okay boomer

0/5

Sometimes it's better to just google the definition instead of making stuff up.

I cant find a certain thread about this. But 40 percent of American ladies will be single and childless by 2040.

I don't blame the blokes though. When ladies kept saying that they don't want to be approached, well the rules are obey are they?

I cant find a certain thread about this. But 40 percent of American ladies will be single and childless by 2040.

I don't blame the blokes though. When ladies kept saying that they don't want to be approached, well the rules are obey are they?

My fiance hitting on me first got us talking. I guess this isn't a problem for hunks like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back