Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled over to Part 2:

My fiance hitting on me first got us talking. I guess this isn't a problem for hunks like me.
Fair enough. I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos on why blokes are not only given up on dating, but given up on interest in ladies in general.

Blokes are not afraid of marriage, they are afraid of divorce

I cant find a certain thread about this. But 40 percent of American ladies will be single and childless by 2040.

I don't blame the blokes though. When ladies kept saying that they don't want to be approached, well the rules are obey are they?

If you pretend everything you don't like is woke, you can't blame the ladies.

Fair enough. I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos on why blokes are not only given up on dating, but given up on interest in ladies in general.

I told her I'd kill myself if she leaves me so I've solved that problem too

I cant find a certain thread about this. But 40 percent of American ladies will be single and childless by 2040.

I don't blame the blokes though. When ladies kept saying that they don't want to be approached, well the rules are obey are they?

There are plenty of informed, evidence based articles and studies on this issue but you are unlikely to find them in reddit and youtube. I suspect you're trolling for effect but it's scary to think you may actually believe the cr@p you are posting so I'll respond in good faith.

Rising participation of women in the workforce, with higher levels of education and professional careers a the top of industry, government and academia has been a major factor in the growth of wealth, innovation and average wages in modern economies. To be clear - everyone benefits from this.

But taking the time off to have children and look after them imposes a major impediment not just to the careers of women, but a major financial impact on their wealth and retirement incomes and to the wealth and productivity of the nation. Leaving work to have kids and look after them at the primary stage of their careers creates a huge financial cost on individuals, families and the economy that can never be regained.

Intelligent governments understand this and put policies in place around childcare availability and support, shared paid leave programs for both parents and the like so that the financial cost of employed women having children is reduced.

But no - your moronic take is that the cause is the tightening of consent and respect laws and women refusing to engage with neanderthal males who who don't understand that society has moved on?

Nice try.

Last edited:

Sounds like you are taking a trip down the incel rabbit hole.

There are plenty of informed, evidence based articles and studies on this issue but you are unlikely to find them in reddit and youtube. I suspect you're trolling for effect but it's scary to think you may actually believe the cr@p you are posting so I'll respond in good faith.

Rising participation of women in the workforce, with higher levels of education and professional careers a the top of industry, government and academia has been a major factor in the growth of wealth, innovation and average wages in modern economies. To be clear - everyone benefits from this.

But taking the time off to have children and look after them imposes a major impediment not just to the careers of women, but a major financial impact on their wealth and retirement incomes and to the wealth and productivity of the nation. Leaving work to have kids and look after them at the primary stage of their careers creates a huge financial cost on individuals, families and the economy that can never be regained.

Intelligent governments understand this and put policies in place around childcare availability and support, shared paid leave programs for both parents and the like so that the financial cost of employed women having children is reduced.

But no - your moronic take is that the cause is the tightening of consent and respect laws and women refusing to engage with neanderthal males who who don't understand that society has moved on?

Nice try.
I am not actually trolling.... Dating in the last 20 or so years has changed dramatically.

You don't go out in public to chat to anyone. You go on dating sites like tinder.

Don't like a person? Swipe it and move on.

Sounds like you are taking a trip down the incel rabbit hole.
Seems like it. I don't blame. Myself to be honest. I am not an anti feminist or misogynist.

I am all for ladies to forge their career path and earn a wage working a job or 2.

But the point is that some men decided to go overseas and get their lady there.... The passport bros as they say

Seems like it. I don't blame. Myself to be honest. I am not an anti feminist or misogynist.

I am all for ladies to forge their career path and earn a wage working a job or 2.

But the point is that some men decided to go overseas and get their lady there.... The passport bros as they say

People have been travelling overseas and meeting new people for decades. Not just men.

Might be off the mark but anecdotally with my own relationship included most people I know in long term relationships have met partners through friends, social activities like sports clubs, work or already known the person previously at school anyway not just trying to meet someone out during a night out or dating apps

Sure some have, but the majority at least in my life haven’t

The dynamics of all economies are changing.

It is a plain fact that more girls and women are entering TAFE and university and rising into management and executive levels of industry, government and academia. The effect this has had on them becoming more socially and economically aware and active is also a fact.

Last year the Washington Post cited research showing that since Donald Trump’s election in 2016, the percentage of 18- to 30-year-old single women who identify as liberal increased from 20 to 32 per cent. Young men have not become more liberal – if anything, they have become more conservative.

The Washington Post editorial concluded that “In another era, political or ideological differences might have had less impact on marriage rates,” But politics was becoming more central to a person’s sense of their own identity, and “this mismatch will mean someone will have to compromise”.

You'd have to be living in a cave to not to realise the same changes are happening here. An independent study of voting trends at the 2022 Federal election (https://australianelectionstudy.org...esults-from-the-Australian-Election-Study.pdf) found that women were more likely to vote for Labor, the Greens and liberal independents than men. “This represents a longer-term reversal of the gender gap in voter behaviour. Since the 1990s women have shifted to the left and men to the right in their party preferences.”

See: Women are lurching to the left. Why aren’t men following them?

So maybe women are just not liking what their male counterparts in their community are dishing up in terms of out-of-touch attitudes and critical thinking skills - that maybe they are better just staying single and looking elsewhere for conversation, companionship and communication?

Maybe men just need to wise wake up ;)

Last edited:
40 percent of American ladies will be single and childless by 2040.
You should try and find if this information exists.
It will probably be something more along the lines of a clickbait headline saying '40% of women aged 18-28 will be childless by 2034'. Based on a single study of some kind.

And just remember, these Youtubers, Reddit forums, Twitter and the algorithms are not there to help you. They are there to make you desperate to consume more.
And nothing does it better than fear, anxiety and anger.

You are a resource to be exploited.
Be careful where it leads you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woke is best summed up by arguing a point of view without sharing in the downside of that view.

Like someone chanting in the street about bringing down capitalism - all while holding the latest smartphone.

Many more examples abound:

The social justice warrior I knew who used to swan around town making a tidy living preaching about social justice and equity - yet they wouldn't think twice of ridiculing a retail worker or abusing a taxi driver.

Woke was fermented in those heedy years of low interest rates and the break out of social media. The rise of social media has allowed an especially toxic form of woke.

The form where the participants believe that their cause is so just, so virtuous, that hitherto social norms that chararetised civil society, such as the presumption of innocence, these were nothing but cliches or trivialities that could be tossed away in the breeze.

lol woke is just everything.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Like someone chanting in the street about bringing down capitalism - all while holding the latest smartphone.

There is quite a bit to pull apart in your whole post - mostly the part, as you did before, where you neglected to actually define 'woke' in any way, shape or form. Rather you referred to the means of proliferation, which are not exclusive to any ideology, and anecdotal references to hypocrites that are dime a dozen in all walks of life.

My favourite 'attack' on those who have issues with capitalism, is the one that implies that any engagement with capitalism null and voids any criticism of it. People literally have no choice but to engage, it encompasses everything in our lives. I've also seen people argue that homeless people with phones don't have their priorities in order, as if somehow implying that phones are more expensive than houses.

You'd save us all a lot of unnecessary scrolling if you just said;

"I conveniently label all the things I don't like, or disagree with, 'Woke', because that's the convenient buzz word of the day to label all those liberal snowflakes"

you're welcome

Woke is best summed up by arguing a point of view without sharing in the downside of that view.

Many more examples abound:

The social justice warrior I knew who used to swan around town making a tidy living preaching about social justice and equity - yet they wouldn't think twice of ridiculing a retail worker or abusing a taxi driver.

Woke was fermented in those heedy years of low interest rates and the break out of social media. The rise of social media has allowed an especially toxic form of woke.

The form where the participants believe that their cause is so just, so virtuous, that hitherto social norms that chararetised civil society, such as the presumption of innocence, these were nothing but cliches or trivialities that could be tossed away in the breeze.

okay boomer

0/5

Sometimes it's better to just google the definition instead of making stuff up.
I've mentioned this a gazillion times.

Using woke as a pejorative to describe the irrationally politically correct just discredits argument punter, even with crayon eating level responses like these.

I know evolved2 likes to perpetually explain to us that language is fluid and yeah I know the thread title indeed alludes that 'woke' is the irrationally politically correct, and therefore using 'woke' is justified.

None the less woke does not equal those of irrational progressive mind, has nothing to do with it.

If you used the correct term in your post, then it couldn't be disputed.

I've mentioned this a gazillion times.

Using woke as a pejorative to describe the irrationally politically correct just discredits argument punter, even with crayon eating level responses like these.

I know evolved2 likes to perpetually explain to us that language is fluid and yeah I know the thread title indeed alludes that 'woke' is the irrationally politically correct, and therefore using 'woke' is justified.

None the less woke does not equal those of irrational progressive mind, has nothing to do with it.

If you used the correct term in your post, then it couldn't be disputed.

Fluid language is not conservative, therefor it must be woke.

I'm loving the fine view of woke posters melting over being defined as woke by those who use a different definition of the word. It's as beautiful as walking along the beach under sunset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back