Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled over to Part 2:

The whole thing was embarrassingly absurd.

Look at me, I'm proudly Australian and showing it by pressuring businesses to sell cheap Chinese made kitsch crap that will fill our bins on Jan 27.
This country is built on plastic waste! Traitor!

Umm, they do.

Really...I mean really!? That's a weird and wild argument if ever I've seen one. Do you have these left wing biological women locked up in a training camp ready to send in to liberate humanity?

I presume you're aware that some biological females are being cancelled and treated as bigots for sharing their view on the issue.
i think the question is how do you determine which biological women's opinions are heard and acted on and which ones (assuming differences in opinion) are possibly heard but not acted on. (or maybe not even heard).

I don't know the answer.

I would see that a competitor speaking out against a trans competitor could be seen as both expressing genuine concerns and also self interested ones

We don't have the evidence to say whether there is a significant competitive advantage. At least in surfing theres no safety concern. So there shouldn't be a good reason not to trial it and see, and if the evidence is trans women dominating, then take action.

Transgender competing in women's sport is at least an interesting issue, unlike the other talking points of the anti-woke mob.
It might be if it was entered into in good faith in the first place but it usually just degenerates into the usual grab bag of sad, anti trans grievances.

Not sure. The article doesn't even quote Bethany Hamilton, seems to be using her name to generate clicks?
I may have misunderstood but I thought the article claimed

"It comes just months after Rip Curl dropped former brand ambassador, the American Bethany Hamilton, reportedly over her opposition to transgender people competing in women’s competitions.
Hamilton, who lost her left arm in a 2003 shark attack but returned to professional surfing, threatened to boycott the World Surf League in February last year after a ruling allowing trans athletes to compete in women’s competitions."

So it is quoting her view and that she got dropped from being brand ambassador over this issue.

I may have misunderstood but I thought the article claimed

"It comes just months after Rip Curl dropped former brand ambassador, the American Bethany Hamilton, reportedly over her opposition to transgender people competing in women’s competitions.
Hamilton, who lost her left arm in a 2003 shark attack but returned to professional surfing, threatened to boycott the World Surf League in February last year after a ruling allowing trans athletes to compete in women’s competitions."

So it is quoting her view and that she got dropped from being brand ambassador over this issue.

Should rip curl be forced to make one armed wetsuits because Bethany only has one arm?

Maybe it was a commercial decision?

Should rip curl be forced to make one armed wetsuits because Bethany only has one arm?

Maybe it was a commercial decision?
All I was doing was mentioning what the article claims is all
As a commercial decision, based on the Bud Light experience it doesn't appear to be a commercial winner to move to have a trans woman as a brand ambassador. I don't know if there was a huge backlash against Bethany's comments at the time - if there was then that could be commercial, or if Bethany was seeking a big pay rise

All I was doing was mentioning what the article claims is all
As a commercial decision, based on the Bud Light experience it doesn't appear to be a commercial winner to move to have a trans woman as a brand ambassador. I don't know if there was a huge backlash against Bethany's comments at the time - if there was then that could be commercial, or if Bethany was seeking a big pay rise

I was using the parody option, as per the thread title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think the question is how do you determine which biological women's opinions are heard and acted on and which ones (assuming differences in opinion) are possibly heard but not acted on. (or maybe not even heard).

I don't know the answer.

I would see that a competitor speaking out against a trans competitor could be seen as both expressing genuine concerns and also self interested ones

We don't have the evidence to say whether there is a significant competitive advantage. At least in surfing theres no safety concern. So there shouldn't be a good reason not to trial it and see, and if the evidence is trans women dominating, then take action.
I'd like see biological women be gatekeepers over their spaces. If the majority choose to allow transwomen in, the decision stands.

Given that most SRP posters seem to be LW biological men, it's mind-blowing to me that they feel comfortable pushing their views on the issue in possible opposition to biological women.

Rational centrists want biological women to have a voice.

I'd like see biological women be gatekeepers over their spaces. If the majority choose to allow transwomen in, the decision stands.

Given that most SRP posters seem to be LW biological men, it's mind-blowing to me that they feel comfortable pushing their views on the issue in possible opposition to biological women.

Rational centrists want biological women to have a voice.

Why do you think there aren't any women here calling everything they don't like woke?

Why do you think there aren't any women here calling everything they don't like woke?
Are you assuming the gender of posters here?
How Dare You Greta GIF

They didn't send out a press release as such, they were indeed responding to a question as to why they weren't stocking the items.

It was a simple statement of fact, and I have no issue with companies stating facts, unlike some it seems.

Who gets to say what 'biological women' decide though? You? What if 'the left' send in their own 'biological women' to be gatekeepers? What then? Do they count?
How about biological women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back