Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

A South African moaning about increased awareness of racism isn't really as groundbreaking as Elon thinks it is.
I wouldn't describe the current trend as awareness of racism given white tertiary educated folk seem the ones who are most aware.

I wouldn't describe the current trend as awareness of racism given white tertiary educated folk seem the ones who are most aware.
Black Lives Matter caused millions of words in coverage, you don't think that may have contributed a bit to the increased use of the word racism in the media?

A South African moaning about increased awareness of racism isn't really as groundbreaking as Elon thinks it is.
Actually, the fact that identity politics only suddenly got a massive focus from the MSM when the Occupy Wall St protests were started should tell you all you need to know about the motives behind it all.

Actually, the fact that identity politics only suddenly got a massive focus from the MSM when the Occupy Wall St protests were started should tell you all you need to know about the motives behind it all.
I bet those words all saw an enormous spike in use on all platforms including his own but he doesn't tell that half the story. Musk is mainstream media now it's precisely why he bought Twitter, he's a swampy as they come into the government for billions and yet he's trying play everyone as being this edgy outsider, it's laughable

Also I’m sure articles about racism generate a lot of clicks
Yeah, and now every white leftie thinks they understand racism. I learn a thousand times more about racism from talking to Aboriginals and other people who've actually experienced it than many white social media 'experts' who throw the term at everything they don't like.

Yeah, and now every white leftie thinks they understand racism. I learn a thousand times more about racism from talking to Aboriginals and other people who've actually experienced it than many white social media 'experts' who throw the term at everything they don't like.

Its amusing that you are currently parroting a white South African social media 'expert'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also I’m sure articles about racism generate a lot of clicks
Precisely, those graphs he's produced show how all media react to the events of the time but the guy with the multi billion dollar contracts with NASA wants you to believe he's some sort of anti authoritarian sage.

Yeah sometimes I take a dim view of being lectured to about racism from a white person, depends what they say I guess

Have you considered the option of sharing your views on any topic for a change or would you prefer to keep sniping in the background? Doesn't bother me either way.

funny-why-dont-we-have-both.gif

Elon has a point here:

Just to play stats nerd here for a second - what the hell is relative frequency (relative to what - number of articles, words), why is it being shown at log 10-4, what journal was this peer reviewed in, who the hell is David Rozardo and why can't he use Excel properly?

Just to play stats nerd here for a second - what the hell is relative frequency (relative to what - number of articles, words), why is it being shown at log 10-4, what journal was this peer reviewed in, who the hell is David Rozardo and why can't he use Excel properly?
The scale doesn't really matter thought. Neither does the relative aspect. So long as it's measured consistently over time, the delta shows the significant increase in the use of the word racism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back