Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody? - Part 2 -

Remove this Banner Ad

PC: used to define the emotionally irrational

Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination".

So you're saying that Trump and his emotionally irrational followers are PC?

Doesn't seem right, man.

So you're saying that Trump and his emotionally irrational followers are PC?

Doesn't seem right, man.
Even you'd be aware ghosty that the term politically correct is used to describe those with progressive ideals that propose / wish impractical measures to achieve them.

trump is emotionally irrational period.

PC: used to define the emotionally irrational

Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination".

Even you'd be aware ghosty that the term politically correct is used to describe those with progressive ideals that propose / wish impractical measures to achieve them.

trump is emotionally irrational period.

:snowman:

Some of you are easy fodder for these campaigners.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I haven't seen anything even remotely supportive of that level of bigotry in the last few pages of this thread.

Who do you think of as easy fodder, and why?

If anything, I'd say several progressives here are overly defensive about anything and everything that can be construed as possibly being to the right. You jump at shadows!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1954171

I've seen a few on the right getting upset about this. Because Romeo and Juliet is famously non-fiction, and Baz Luhrmann's 1996 version was famously true to the historical record (by Shakespeare).
Baz famously stuck to the original Shakespearean tradition of men playing female roles, as well.

Never has theatre that most people never see been insulted so deeply.

View attachment 1954171

I've seen a few on the right getting upset about this. Because Romeo and Juliet is famously non-fiction, and Baz Luhrmann's 1996 version was famously true to the historical record (by Shakespeare).
This is pretty funny though and caught a lot of people out.

It's a West End play, not a movie, so if you're not prepared to fly to London and spend $500 for a ticket, it's fine to let this one go through to the keeper...

Also, I believe it's a modern day adaption and not the original story.

This is pretty funny though and caught a lot of people out.

It's a West End play, not a movie, so if you're not prepared to fly to London and spend $500 for a ticket, it's fine to let this one go through to the keeper...

Also, I believe it's a modern day adaption and not the original story.

There are so many stories out there these days that don’t mention the location or specifics like that. It’s almost like they’re just trying to stir the pot!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back