Speculation Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

North would have to seriously be hurting based on what they’ve missed lately. Selecting Will over Logan, mishandling JHF until he ran home and getting a meaningless win last year that handed Reid to West Coast.

I’d be ropeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Logan would've looked dog s**t in our forward line over the last few years and would've probably headed west after his initial contract. JHF hurts, but he would've ended up back at Port regardless of which club he got drafted to.

The GC game last year was ultimately a lose-lose scenario. If we had of lost to GC last year there evidently would've been talk of us tanking, if we win we miss out on Reid. I would've much preferred a Reid/McKercher combo, but a Kerch/Duursma combo isn't a bad alternative.

While I agree all those things sucks, I think you missed two of the bigger issues. The talented Tarryn Thomas shitting on the club with his behaviour and forcing our head to sack him and us trading out of the 2019 draft and missing out on the links of Serong or Flanders.

Ultimately though, we are in this position because of a calamity of issues including list management decisions, poor drafting (over the last 15 years), poor development, coaching changes, off field instability and a whole host of other things.

Thankfully, it seems as though, we have sorted out some of the shitshow (off field, coaching, drafting), but we still have plenty to go.

North would have to seriously be hurting based on what they’ve missed lately. Selecting Will over Logan, mishandling JHF until he ran home and getting a meaningless win last year that handed Reid to West Coast.

I’d be ropeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and it’s looking like a midfield heavy top 10 draft again This year.

That said if they don’t draft the highest rated tall with their first and even second aswell this year they should be sanctioned

Logan would've looked dog s**t in our forward line over the last few years and would've probably headed west after his initial contract. JHF hurts, but he would've ended up back at Port regardless of which club he got drafted to.

The GC game last year was ultimately a lose-lose scenario. If we had of lost to GC last year there evidently would've been talk of us tanking, if we win we miss out on Reid. I would've much preferred a Reid/McKercher combo, but a Kerch/Duursma combo isn't a bad alternative.

While I agree all those things sucks, I think you missed two of the bigger issues. The talented Tarryn Thomas shitting on the club with his behaviour and forcing our head to sack him and us trading out of the 2019 draft and missing out on the links of Serong or Flanders.

Ultimately though, we are in this position because of a calamity of issues including list management decisions, poor drafting (over the last 15 years), poor development, coaching changes, off field instability and a whole host of other things.

Thankfully, it seems as though, we have sorted out some of the shitshow (off field, coaching, drafting), but we still have plenty to go.
Logan and Cadman would have solved your tall forwards. Imagine Larkey getting a chop out from those two.

Thomas was a shame but the club should have been big enough to identify him as a problem early enough and trade him out for a top pick the year before. Gold Coast were keen along with others. They just weren’t strong enough to be able to make this decision and ended up losing him for nothing.

JHF was a shame. It was obvious he was incredibly mismanaged in his first year at the club.

You’d hope things have changed a bit, but their biggest problem still remains.

Their lack of senior leaders both on and off the field at the club. Until they fix this, they will stay at the bottom.
, regardless of how many high draft picks they get.

As for Philips, you can see he’s struggling to develop in this environment. Clubs should be all over him looking to get him out, and try to develop him before it’s too late. Definitely has potential.

Logan and Cadman would have solved your tall forwards. Imagine Larkey getting a chop out from those two.

Thomas was a shame but the club should have been big enough to identify him as a problem early enough and trade him out for a top pick the year before. Gold Coast were keen along with others. They just weren’t strong enough to be able to make this decision and ended up losing him for nothing.

As for Philips, you can see he’s struggling to develop in this environment. Clubs should be all over him looking to get him out, and try to develop him before it’s too late. Definitely has potential.

So north has a bad culture and environment yet they should of taken mcdonald who was seen as a flight risk ? haha cadman isn't a tall marking forward the coach even said on radio he is going to be a cameron type clone, none of them are fixing anything at north.

On phillips i'd argue he is being developed fine,He is a one trick pony at afl level which is a hard gig in a poor team if you don't defend hard enough, Hope he plays the whole game today

So north has a bad culture and environment yet they should of taken mcdonald who was seen as a flight risk ? haha cadman isn't a tall marking forward the coach even said on radio he is going to be a cameron type clone, none of them are fixing anything at north.

On phillips i'd argue he is being developed fine,He is a one trick pony at afl level which is a hard gig in a poor team if you don't defend hard enough, Hope he plays the whole game today
Flight risks are hard to assess aren’t they?
You claim Logan is one, but not long after you guys overlooked him you went and bet the house on another guy who went home after one year.

It’s a fine line between backing your culture in and drafting the best talent for them to stay with you.
But you may be right. Perhaps drafting guys who have even the slightest inkling of wanting to go home isn’t the best for North right now. Those I talk to on here seem to think it was all JHFs fault and not the clubs, but you may be right that there could be something in that.

And as for Cadman and what he is/isn’t.
If he’s seen as a Cameron type i apologise.
Haven’t seen your new dynamic forwardline for a little while and must have missed that you’ve already got this type covered off up there.

Flight risks are hard to assess aren’t they?
You claim Logan is one, but not long after you guys overlooked him you went and bet the house on another guy who went home after one year.

And as for Cadman and what he is/isn’t.
If he’s seen as a Cameron type i apologise.
Haven’t seen your new dynamic forwardline for a little while and must have missed that you’ve already got this type covered off up there.

You are aware north didn't have access to Cadman? In doing that trade they landed 1 gun and a 200 game inside mid. and of course logan was a fight risk post covid. they backed in a guy who has elite inside game, hardly a miss even looking at it now.

you can point to the mistakes north have made but picking Phillips isn't even in the top 20 of mistakes, he still has time and a full pre season this year gives him a chance.

Clarko should be playing him every week. The kid played some great games last year and is only going to get better.

Even Greenwood who offers sweet FA and is definitely not part of the Roo’s future is getting senior games.

Crazy Clarko doing crazy things.
I look at the cats game and it was obvious roos players couldn't stick tackles. They're just not strong enough yet.

If you play all high upside kids who gets smashed in every 1 on 1 then are you actually going to develop kids or are you early 2010s Melbourne?

Poor North are going to get pulled apart. They definitely have good young talent on the list, but the vultures are circling.

WiPhi would be good shopping for someone, I think. Maybe he's not going to "live up to" being a #3 pick, but I think he can be a bloody effective AFL player in the right role. Which has to be inside mid, for him. At North, despite their struggles, he's behind better talents in similar spots (LDU, Warlord, maybe even Powell now).

Poor North are going to get pulled apart. They definitely have good young talent on the list, but the vultures are circling.

WiPhi would be good shopping for someone, I think. Maybe he's not going to "live up to" being a #3 pick, but I think he can be a bloody effective AFL player in the right role. Which has to be inside mid, for him. At North, despite their struggles, he's behind better talents in similar spots (LDU, Warlord, maybe even Powell now).

To be fair North have launched huge money at players like Dusty, De Goey, Gaff etc so these clubs should now all return the favour for all of Norths good players.

To be fair North have launched huge money at players like Dusty, De Goey, Gaff etc so these clubs should now all return the favour for all of Norths good players.

Laws of the jungle, sure.

As fans of clubs like Richmond and Carlton, we are happy for resource wars. Because in the long term, we'll win (or at least do alright).

But North can't bootstrap themselves up from dead-last if their best players keep getting poached. It's sad for them.

Wearing purely Carlton goggles, I hope we go shopping for what we need. Which isn't WiPhi, but COULD be Zurhaar or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laws of the jungle, sure.

As fans of clubs like Richmond and Carlton, we are happy for resource wars. Because in the long term, we'll win (or at least do alright).

But North can't bootstrap themselves up from dead-last if their best players keep getting poached. It's sad for them.

Wearing purely Carlton goggles, I hope we go shopping for what we need. Which isn't WiPhi, but COULD be Zurhaar or something.
You're like an old man talking jibberish who took a wrong turn.

There's a Zurhaar thread.....

You're like an old man talking jibberish who took a wrong turn.

There's a Zurhaar thread.....

season 4 grandpa simpson GIF

North will resign but he’d want to be getting opportunities have to bear in mind McKercher surely by let’s say 2 years is well and truely in the middle too.

Gut feel he stays as he’s worth more to North the offers of 3rd rounders prove that! He's worth more than Dylan Stephens and we got pick 19 for him
You also gave up pick 25 with Stephens.

It was 25 and Stephens for 44 and 19.

Which puts Stephens value at about pick 35 or so, which seems a bit high, but I guess North couldn't use that pick 19 so they had to do something with it.

Strange that Logan McDonald is being touted as the next big KPF to be offered $1,000,000 plus and worth as much if not more than where he was drafted
But Will Phillips would be lucky to attract a late 2nd rounder if traded today

Brady Rawlings really should be questioned about some of his selection / trading calls

A great young fella, I doubt he stays or we actually want him.
But it wouldn't surprise me if we played him, to hopefully improve his worth, which is currently zero ,zip and zilch.

Strange that Logan McDonald is being touted as the next big KPF to be offered $1,000,000 plus and worth as much if not more than where he was drafted
But Will Phillips would be lucky to attract a late 2nd rounder if traded today

Brady Rawlings really should be questioned about some of his selection / trading calls
I think it's more that his development was poorly managed than a poor selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back