Speculation Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Cursedsword02

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Young mid, top 10 pick, out of contract, and yet to break into the team as a regular it seems.

Could he likely look for a new home to get more game time?

Watching this one with interest because I'm just not sure where to next for Will.

He's a small undersized midfielder with very limited versatility - a combination that doesn't scream AFL footballer to me in the modern game.

A lack of continuity over the past few years certainly hasn't helped, but I feel the game has gone past him quickly and I don't think he has it in him to bridge that gap.

Was a very highly rated junior and he is only 21 so a club may throw him a lifeline, but he'd have zero currency and I can't see clubs climbing over each other to give him a second chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid 3rd and a 2 year deal. You can't go pick 3 and completely fall through the cracks that quickly.

It's 'would you like fries with that?' time if he doesn't make the next contract count

Mid 3rd and a 2 year deal. You can't go pick 3 and completely fall through the cracks that quickly.

It's 'would you like fries with that?' time if he doesn't make the next contract count

He's not falling through the cracks :drunk: and people passing comments here have probably watched 1 North game in the last 2 years.

Do these numbers from last year scream absolute spud to you? 19 disposals, 4 clearances and 4 tackles a game. This is nothing like the Dow situation.

Unless you think Max Holmes should have been traded at the end of last year? Or James Rowbottom?

He's behind LDU, Powell and Wardlaw at the moment. All of whom are rated inside the top 25 mids in the league to start 2024.

He was competing with Tom Powell for a spot in that center square to start the season and Powell has been one of the best mids in the league to start 2024. North has built midfield depth and I'm sure we intend to keep it. We aren't going to be delisting him ffs :tearsofjoy: If he moves it will be because of offers from other clubs for opportunity.

1712098730312.png

Last edited:
Would not mind if Richmond has a crack at him, North young mids are very good.
there is no a room for him at North with how many quality midfielders they drafted and Philips behind them all.

He's not falling through the cracks :drunk: and people passing comments here have probably watched 1 North game in the last 2 years.

Do these numbers from last year scream absolute spud to you? 19 disposals, 4 clearances and 4 tackles a game. This is nothing like the Dow situation.

Unless you think Max Holmes should have been traded at the end of last year? Or James Rowbottom?

He's behind LDU, Powell and Wardlaw at the moment. All of whom are rated inside the top 25 mids in the league to start 2024.

He was competing with Tom Powell for a spot in that center square to start the season and Powell has been one of the best mids in the league to start 2024. North has built midfield depth and I'm sure we intend to keep it. We aren't going to be delisting him ffs :tearsofjoy: If he moves it will be because of offers from other clubs for opportunity.

View attachment 1948231
Behind 3 = No room in the side?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back