Speculation Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

North will resign but he’d want to be getting opportunities have to bear in mind McKercher surely by let’s say 2 years is well and truely in the middle too.

Gut feel he stays as he’s worth more to North the offers of 3rd rounders prove that! He's worth more than Dylan Stephens and we got pick 19 for him

Does he have a second position? If he’s inside mid or nothing then he’s going to find it hard to break in at most sides as an in and under handball-first type.

Behind 3 = No room in the side?
yeah and considering there is midfield rotations, players rest forward and an interchange bench it's not a very good argument.
what also needs to be mentioned is that he's behind Charlie Lazarro.

I'm not pro or anti Will Phillips but the full picture does need to be presented.

He's not falling through the cracks :drunk: and people passing comments here have probably watched 1 North game in the last 2 years.

Do these numbers from last year scream absolute spud to you? 19 disposals, 4 clearances and 4 tackles a game. This is nothing like the Dow situation.

Unless you think Max Holmes should have been traded at the end of last year? Or James Rowbottom?

He's behind LDU, Powell and Wardlaw at the moment. All of whom are rated inside the top 25 mids in the league to start 2024.

He was competing with Tom Powell for a spot in that center square to start the season and Powell has been one of the best mids in the league to start 2024. North has built midfield depth and I'm sure we intend to keep it. We aren't going to be delisting him ffs :tearsofjoy: If he moves it will be because of offers from other clubs for opportunity.

View attachment 1948231
Interesting list. I don't really understand how they come up with the ranking though. What is the formula?

Has he been playing vfl how has he been going

Has he been playing vfl how has he been going

Been okay without being outstanding.

His handballing and contested work is really good when he is hunting the footy but he often seems as though he is 2nd guessing himself as to whether he should attack the contest or not.

His biggest issue is that he is so reactive on the turnover or when the opposition win the clearances.

He is a good kick when in space, the problem there is he doesn’t get much of the footy on the outside.

I still really rate him and he is young enough to turn it around.

North fans, are there any of your current starting first-choice midfielders who could go to other roles (wing, HFF) to accommodate Phillips as an inside mid?

Across the first few rounds we have really only been having 5 players attend CBA's. They have been LDU, Wardlaw, Powell, Simpkin and Lazzaro. Lazz got dropped last week and McKercher got a few minutes in there.

Realistically, I think we need to have more players rotating through the midfield considering none of the above guys are really strong runners (when comparing to other midfields). We just need to rotate more heavily rather than mids going to other roles.

I'm guessing North keep him regardless as coverage for when the Tassie team starts ravaging teams players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid 3rd and a 2 year deal. You can't go pick 3 and completely fall through the cracks that quickly.

It's 'would you like fries with that?' time if he doesn't make the next contract count
Covid draft though. The whole thing is so full of cracks it's a wonder anyone made good selections first round at all

May not be North’s decision whether he goes. If he isn’t playing regular senior football 2nd half of the season, I think he will ask to be traded.
As if. He would rock up to any meeting with the club and they be like

rdc-world.gif

Clarko should be playing him every week. The kid played some great games last year and is only going to get better.

Even Greenwood who offers sweet FA and is definitely not part of the Roo’s future is getting senior games.

Crazy Clarko doing crazy things.

Bulldogs should give him a go if they're doing some rebuild/renovation type stuff with their list.

North would have to seriously be hurting based on what they’ve missed lately. Selecting Will over Logan, mishandling JHF until he ran home and getting a meaningless win last year that handed Reid to West Coast.

I’d be ropeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Imagine Reid and JHF in the same midfield....😲

Frightening

Remove this Banner Ad

Back