who would we want from the swans

Remove this Banner Ad

mightypies08

Rookie
Sep 24, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
SYDNEY are set to become a major player in next week's annual AFL meat market after Swans coach Paul Roos told his entire playing list that "no one is un-tradeable".In return, the Swans have made it clear they're after an elite outside running midfield player in the mould of Chris Judd.

i reckon we should have a crack at youngster daniel currie, he is still young finishes year 12 this year, but at 200cm, and built like an animal, he will develop into a great player

I was thinking along the lines of Lonie for Goodes.

However, only get Jolly if we cant get Wood.

I agree. Getting Wood is always my first priority.

Correct

Usually I get Wood before getting Jolly....

That isn't a silly statement acually, lets get both!

Over the past couple of days, Lonie has been thrown around in sentences with Sydney...am I missing something...do Sydney want Ryan Lonie???

Lonie would be ideally suited to the toy ground.

He's played well on Goodes a couple of times, and good performances against them might have left a favourable impression. Plus, his pace and kicking penetration could be very potent on the SCG, like you say.

As long as they didn't want him to win any hardballs, he might be an OK fit. They won't give up much to get him, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney have plenty of in and unders. They need run and penetration. Look how much feebler they looked when Kennelly was out.

If Lonie still fits into an AFL side, it's Sydney.

This is my plan:

We will probably use Lonie to upgrade our picks

Examples:

Pick 14 -> pick 11
pick 31 -> pick 28
pick 47 -> pick 44
Pick 47 -> pick 28

and if we can:

pick 31 -> pick 11

So we have 2 first round picks, where we can use one of them to lure Cam Wood.

Or this trade: Pick 14, pick 11 + player we don't need eg. Davies for Cam Wood and Pick 8.

Thoughts?

This is my plan:

We will probably use Lonie to upgrade our picks

Examples:

Pick 14 -> pick 11
pick 31 -> pick 28
pick 47 -> pick 44
Pick 47 -> pick 28

and if we can:

pick 31 -> pick 11

So we have 2 first round picks, where we can use one of them to lure Cam Wood.

Or this trade: Pick 14, pick 11 + player we don't need eg. Davies for Cam Wood and Pick 8.

Thoughts?

No club in their right mind is going to pull off this unprecedented type of deal for Ryan Lonie.

A more likely deal is Lonie for a steaming pile of horsepoo.

And we'd still be swindling them.

i reckon we should have a crack at youngster daniel currie, he is still young finishes year 12 this year, but at 200cm, and built like an animal, he will develop into a great player

went to my pold high school kid is mammoth

Over the past couple of days, Lonie has been thrown around in sentences with Sydney...am I missing something...do Sydney want Ryan Lonie???

Tenace is the front runner but yes there is some interest in ryan

He's played well on Goodes a couple of times, and good performances against them might have left a favourable impression. Plus, his pace and kicking penetration could be very potent on the SCG, like you say.

As long as they didn't want him to win any hardballs, he might be an OK fit. They won't give up much to get him, though.[/quote]
Who cares...pick 98 would be a bargain for us!

He was rated by the pies before the draft, his parents were very keen for him to go to Collingwood.

Ryan O'Keefe or Amon Buchanan for mine. Both capable of playing through the middle and add some polish, class, hard running and a little speed through the middle. Both capable of breaking the lines. O'Keefe also is able to play as a tall so he would be a difficult match-up for oppositions.

Can we work on a deal that sends Buchanan in exchange for Lonie? Keeping in mind Buchanan wasn't a part of their best 22 in the elimination final although he played throughout the year. I'd be reluctant to trade our first rnd pick for him.

I'd trade our first pick + Lonie for O'Keefe on the other hand.

Ryan O'Keefe or Amon Buchanan for mine. Both capable of playing through the middle and add some polish, class, hard running and a little speed through the middle. Both capable of breaking the lines. O'Keefe also is able to play as a tall so he would be a difficult match-up for oppositions.

Can we work on a deal that sends Buchanan in exchange for Lonie? Keeping in mind Buchanan wasn't a part of their best 22 in the elimination final although he played throughout the year. I'd be reluctant to trade our first rnd pick for him.

I'd trade our first pick + Lonie for O'Keefe on the other hand.

Buchanan is a filthy little bitch. Don't want him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back