Who really has what Clarko wants?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sticksphat

Team Captain
Mar 23, 2018
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Clarko famously said he wanted players that could stand up in finals. Who of our current list could do that? Not necessarily dominate but stand up under the pressure? Who has the ticker? I went through the list and first reaction is....it's grim.

Clarko famously said he wanted players that could stand up in finals. Who of our current list could do that? Not necessarily dominate but stand up under the pressure? Who has the ticker? I went through the list and first reaction is....it's grim.

Very few as he’s probably discovering.

Yes are Hugh G, Sheez, Warhead, LDU (?), Simpkin (?), Logue, Larkey, Cutis, Comben, Goater, Xerri, K Dawson.

I could make a case for Scott, Tommy P, Bergs, WiPhi, Arch, Ford & Zurhaar, but they are all flakey in one way or another.

The rest, excluding first years, are either under developed or squibs.

Harry Sheezel, George Wardlaw, Colby McKercher and Zane Duursma, if I was to hazard a guess. Add in Nick Larkey and Griffin Logue. That's it.

Yes are Hugh G, Sheez, Warhead, LDU (?), Simpkin (?), Logue, Larkey, Cutis, Comben, Goater, Xerri, K Dawson.

I could make a case for Scott, Tommy P, Bergs, WiPhi, Arch, Ford & Zurhaar, but they are all flakey in one way or another.

The thing is....

Larkey will be 28-31 years old when North Melbourne win finals again.

Sheezel, Tom Powell and any young mids aged 23 or under will be in that prime 26-29 year old bracket when North Wins finals.

Certainties: Sheezel, Wardlaw, Comben, Dawson, Ford, Goater, Greenwood, Xerri, Logue.

That is a very small portion of our best 22. Less than half. We need that number to be 30/40 players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back