News Where did they go? What has happened to delisted/retired players?

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder why he didn’t join one of the VFL teams? Surely he’s still good enough for VFL.
unless you want to push to make it back onto an AFL list, i think the opportunities / pay in suburban and country football is much better than vfl for a player like mathieson

unless you want to push to make it back onto an AFL list, i think the opportunities / pay in suburban and country football is much better than vfl for a player like mathieson
Relatively little travel as well.

Beastmode, Obviously has his reasons for going suburban but he's good enough to be in an AFL list imo. Was probably too loyal when there was opportunity to go somewhere else.
No there was no opportunity for him to go anywhere. The Lions tried hard to re-locate him for the last 2 years but their was no interest.

No there was no opportunity for him to go anywhere. The Lions tried hard to re-locate him for the last 2 years but their was no interest.
I knew he was exploring options last year. Has always signed contract extentions Either way now on the scrap heap when he could and should be a 100 game player. But happens every year. Still will be remembered as a good clubman for you guys

I knew he was exploring options last year. Has always signed contract extentions Either way now on the scrap heap when he could and should be a 100 game player. But happens every year. Still will be remembered as a good clubman for you guys
100 game player for who?

100 game player for who?
Well he played 72 for Brisbane so either an extra 30 odd games for the lions which if not for injury and being rewarded more for his reserves form he would have gotten to. Or it isnt unfathomable to think he could have played more for somebody else. Key word being could

Well he played 72 for Brisbane so either an extra 30 odd games for the lions which if not for injury and being rewarded more for his reserves form he would have gotten to. Or it isnt unfathomable to think he could have played more for somebody else. Key word being could
Sadly for Rhys, he was found out for his lack of run and even more disapointing with his disposal. A good VFL player 100%.

Sorry if already mentioned, Blake Coleman off to Willy to join Toby Trif......I wonder if the Pies had a look at Blake at all having bid on him in his draft year? Could his brother only extended for one year so they could reunite somewhere in the future? Forgive me it's the off season boredom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry if already mentioned, Blake Coleman off to Willy to join Toby Trif......I wonder if the Pies had a look at Blake at all having bid on him in his draft year? Could his brother only extended for one year so they could reunite somewhere in the future? Forgive me it's the off season boredom.
Sorry, I missed this announcement, when did Keidean sign an extension for one year?

Sorry, I missed this announcement, when did Keidean sign an extension for one year?
Guessing he's confused with Coleman coming off contract this year versus signing a two year extension back at the end of 2021.

pretty sure the Bombers offered him a deal at the end of 2022, but he backed himself in and it backfired.

pretty sure the Bombers offered him a deal at the end of 2022, but he backed himself in and it backfired.
Don't believe that's accurate but you may be right. The Bombers were the 1st club that both Matheson & The Lions contacted because he wanted to play footy with his mate but no deal was offered is what I have heard.

Morning all, I come in peace!

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this but wasn't sure where else to post.

I have started a AFL clubs Mt Rushmore series on YouTube and the Brisbane Lions version dropped this morning!

Your club was very difficult to do given the extraordinary amount of talented players you had in the early 00's

No doubt solid arguments can be made for a few players who missed.

The criteria for my selections were:

-must be a past player
-must be a player I had seen play.

Let me know who you would have gone with!

Any Likes / comments / shares on the YT vid are hugely appreciated too!

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this but wasn't sure where else to post.

I have started a AFL clubs Mt Rushmore series on YouTube and the Brisbane Lions version dropped this morning!

Your club was very difficult to do given the extraordinary amount of talented players you had in the early 00's

-must be a past player

Good analysis. I'd have had Aker ahead of Leppa but well argued regardless.

Good analysis. I'd have had Aker ahead of Leppa but well argued regardless.
I think there are easy cases to be mounted for at least 5 others.

Your star power was crazy!

-must be a past player

Hello Michaels. Why don’t you play AFL 23 anymore?

Hello Michaels. Why don’t you play AFL 23 anymore?
Hello BRAB,

Once EAFC came out I was always switching over.

But unfortunately the season mode didn't get the update it needed for depth.

Tipping we see a update before the season. Will be interesting to see what's in it.

Without a doubt Voss, Brown and Black take up the first 3 out of 4 positions. The 4th position could be down to a heap of players, Leppa isn't a bad shout, Aker another good shout, Lynch as our first (joint) captain and certainly a leader during his time at the club,
2 players that are currently on our list that could be argued for are Neale who has won 2 brownlows with us and co-captained us to a GF, Zorko who was our captain and a 5x BnF winner.

I am sure I am missing that valid arguments could be made for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back