News Where did they go? What has happened to delisted/retired players?

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of years ago quite a few on this board were 100% confident he'd get back on a list and make an impact at AFL level

Clearly the clubs don't agree
I was one of them, he has consistently kicked bucket loads of goals in the QAFL for a long time now, I thought at the time he was worth another shot... still only 27 years old but yer he wont be getting another go at it.

I was one of them, he has consistently kicked bucket loads of goals in the QAFL for a long time now, I thought at the time he was worth another shot... still only 27 years old but yer he wont be getting another go at it.

I questioned whether he wanted it.

Could be playing VFL or SANFL or giving himself a shot but seems happy to kig bags with his mates

371953989_683165623859255_2567280992050836714_n.jpg

Voss, White, Bradshaw and Ashcroft missing from the 2003 premiership team. Chris Scott in photo despite not playing in 03(Threw me off for a second as I counted 19 players in the photo but counted 4 players missing). Some other handy players from that era who missed the 03 granny but played a pivotal part in that period include Beau McDonald, Tim Notting, Brad Scott and Des Headland.

Voss, White, Bradshaw and Ashcroft missing from the 2003 premiership team. Chris Scott in photo despite not playing in 03(Threw me off for a second as I counted 19 players in the photo but counted 4 players missing). Some other handy players from that era who missed the 03 granny but played a pivotal part in that period include Beau McDonald, Tim Notting, Brad Scott and Des Headland.

Squads win premierships.

Looking at that photo though it's only players who played right?

Nakia Cockatoo will play in QAFL at Morningside in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I questioned whether he wanted it.

Could be playing VFL or SANFL or giving himself a shot but seems happy to kig bags with his mates

To be fair to Hammelman, after he was de-listed by the Lions, he was the leading goalkicker in the NEAFL for about 3 seasons in a row, in a team that sat in the bottom 3 most years.

Then when the NEAFL disbanded, he played VFL for Aspley, they finished bottom of the ladder and he was the leading goalkicker in the entire VFL as well.

then Aspley dropped out of VFL and he went back to QAFL and kicked 93 in 2022 and 106 in 2023, including 5 in the losing Grand Final side in a competition standard that is exploding in quality.

Was the best key forward outside the AFL for a long time and just never got another opportunity for whatever reason.

With Buzza moving to southport, the Lions VFL side could use a big experienced target - but I just don't think he is interested anymore and fair enough, he certainly put the runs on the board to get another chance and it just never came.

he was an assistant with the women's team for a while.

Watched an interview where he said he grew up with a single parent mum, loved strong women. Particularly loved the way the women went about being players without egos. There'd be phone calls early in the week from players saying am I in or out this week. Your call but if I'm in I need to get a babysitter. So need to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back