What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
northcote park div one northern f.l are looking for a practice match for sat march 13.we dont have a ground available and are willing to travel. ph joe 0412298231 cheers

South Bendigo have some early injury concerns with veterans Neville Clark, Danny O’Bree and John Hardinge all unable to train with the playing group at present.

Clark who has had a back operation in recent years has been struck down again with pain to the area, and hasn’t trained at all with the Club this Pre-Season.

Danny O’Bree who has returned to the Bloods this Season has been troubled by a foot complaint and has been restricted to boxing at training and cycling.

Skipper John Hardinge is also yet to participate in the main session on the return path from a foot operation to have a spur removed although all indications are that he is set to make a successful recovery.

On another positive note Shepparton United defender Phil Carroll has agreed to terms and will play with the Bloods in Season 2010.

South Bendigo started the Pre-Season at Harry Trott Oval although training has been moved to Spring Gully Oval which is said to be a better surface at present.

Practice matches are locked in against Geelong League Club Bell Park and GVFL Club Echuca.

Full article at http://[URL blocked]/?p=2723
http://[URL blocked]/?p=2723

thanks benbal: chalky had already reported on his website that flats tyrone 'tigga' downie was suffering from arthritis and his white hills cricket days were numbered

now with all those south blokes in doubt and news on this thread square has a big name recruit in doubt also, there r some injury worries in the league

darryl, fatman n other kynton followers

see the list of tiger recruits on [URL blocked]

how many of these blokes can really play ? s'pose we will hafta wait for praccy matches to find out 4 certain

huston seems confident the $40,000 spent has snagged a few good ones

darryl, fatman n other kynton followers

see the list of tiger recruits on [URL blocked]

how many of these blokes can really play ? s'pose we will hafta wait for praccy matches to find out 4 certain

huston seems confident the $40,000 spent has snagged a few good ones

they can all play trust me......

check out the new updated kyneton website www.kynetonfnc.com

Congraulations Kyneton on the the new website, it's a pity the Central Hub who have 3 full time people working a total of 114 hours a week, 5400 hours a year and at a cost of $180,000 dollars to the 4 leagues, can't find the time to update the websites for the Bendigo, Heathcote, Loddon Valley and Bendigo Junior Football Leagues.

Congraulations Kyneton on the the new website, it's a pity the Central Hub who have 3 full time people working a total of 114 hours a week, 5400 hours a year and at a cost of $180,000 dollars to the 4 leagues, can't find the time to update the websites for the Bendigo, Heathcote, Loddon Valley and Bendigo Junior Football Leagues.

Absolutely well said, those websites are bloody disgrace:thumbsdown:!! You can view some and not others when looking for information, sing in and youve signed into the wrong component....absolute joke....:confused:
But the best one, it gives you league contacts to Trevor Arnel etc, the emails arent even active......hopeless:mad:

Can anyone help Doc out on this question?

you have to play the 5 games to quailify, and be on the ground unlike a certain gisbourne player this year who quailfied without being on the ground with the league doing nothing about it when it was raised.

i dont think there is a problem with a player only playing 5 games in the league and the other 15 in the vfl!

you have to play the 5 games to quailify, and be on the ground unlike a certain gisbourne player this year who quailfied without being on the ground with the league doing nothing about it when it was raised.

i dont think there is a problem with a player only playing 5 games in the league and the other 15 in the vfl!
I would much rather see playings returning to the BFNL than playing VFL seconds. Having them coming back for finals will only add interest. It does bring mixed emotions though - I remember as a Sandhurst supporter thinking the Dragons where an 8 goal better team in 2003 when Gathercole was available. On one hand you wanted him to enjoy individual success (play well at the highest possible level) - on the other hand you were delighted to see him play with the Dragons. If it becomes obvious during 2010 that the Bombers cannot make the finals I hope they give all the Bendigo listed players the opportunity to qualify for BFNL finals.

I remember watching Kyneton beat Golden Square in the 1966 grandfinal - yes 1966!!!

It was the greatest team efforts I have ever seen. They were thrashed by Square by the best part of 20 goals in the second semi and no one gave them any hope of winning. In the grand final they were absolutely ferocious and as the game went on the crowd sensed a massive upset and really got involved. Square realised they were under threat and lifted - Kyneton to a man went with them and just chucked their bodies at the ball. As a Sandhurst supporter I have been more personally excited by some of the Dragons wins in the 1970's, but I have not seen a better team effort than the 1966 Kyneton side. Fatman and others - you should never ever let that team be forgotten at Tigerland.

(I'll now sit back and wait for the flak about living in the past)

I remember watching Kyneton beat Golden Square in the 1966 grandfinal - yes 1966!!!

It was the greatest team efforts I have ever seen. They were thrashed by Square by the best part of 20 goals in the second semi and no one gave them any hope of winning. In the grand final they were absolutely ferocious and as the game went on the crowd sensed a massive upset and really got involved. Square realised they were under threat and lifted - Kyneton to a man went with them and just chucked their bodies at the ball. As a Sandhurst supporter I have been more personally excited by some of the Dragons wins in the 1970's, but I have not seen a better team effort than the 1966 Kyneton side. Fatman and others - you should never ever let that team be forgotten at Tigerland.

(I'll now sit back and wait for the flak about living in the past)

Quit living in the past old man ;)

Was interested to read in the addy during the week about this years interleague carnival, hopefully they can get their act together on the issue, looks as though they are putting some things in place to ensure it is a tad more organised then last year.

I like the twilight idea and the round robin - multiple teams idea for the juniors too.

okay fatman, davis 24 and darryl .... names of the (main) tiger recruits i have seen are ---- james condos ass. coach, daniel cooper and rob travjoski old essendn, ray harrison and ex storm boy ben richmond
any more names to add to this list and what spots they play
and to the kitc not sure how bendigo goes agst gippy leagues. maybe west gippsland will be a tuff one in may interleag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

okay fatman, davis 24 and darryl .... names of the (main) tiger recruits i have seen are ---- james condos ass. coach, daniel cooper and rob travjoski old essendn, ray harrison and ex storm boy ben richmond
and to the kitc not sure how bendigo goes agst gippy leagues. maybe west gippsland will be a tuff one in may interleag

Kyneton's Recruits

Condos (OEG) - strong bodied forward - can play!
Cooper (OEG) - tall running kpp - can play!
Foster (Oak Park) - mid size forward, dangerous around goal - confidence player!
Harrison (Oak Park) - very unassuming player, quality type who has had much success at A & B Grade EDFL level
Neeson (Sunbury) - midfield/forward - skillful workhorse
Hopkins (Avondale Heights) - skinny young ruckman, great leap and has potential
Turner (westmeadows) - very quick and can break the lines - loves a goal - former A Grade top liner
Turner (Oak Park) - strong bodied back/forward
Agius (St Albans) - huge loss for St. Albans - massive in for Kyneton's midfield/back half

Kyneton's Recruits

Condos (OEG) - strong bodied forward - can play!
Cooper (OEG) - tall running kpp - can play!
Foster (Oak Park) - mid size forward, dangerous around goal - confidence player!
Harrison (Oak Park) - very unassuming player, quality type who has had much success at A & B Grade EDFL level
Neeson (Sunbury) - midfield/forward - skillful workhorse
Hopkins (Avondale Heights) - skinny young ruckman, great leap and has potential
Turner (westmeadows) - very quick and can break the lines - loves a goal - former A Grade top liner
Turner (Oak Park) - strong bodied back/forward
Agius (St Albans) - huge loss for St. Albans - massive in for Kyneton's midfield/back half

Good on you Kyneton:thumbsu:

Ben Richmond only played two games at the storm and the rest of the year at Romsey in the RDFL. I've heard that he will be at Romsey in 2010.

Dont put gizzie in your top 5's boys
see how many top players have gone: belcher, duff-tyler, bessaggio, medica, potter [wots with the boxing career thing?] and the biggest loss of all-- rod sharp
they are going to be very s-h-o-r-t all over the park

mate sent me e-mail listing all these i cant fit them in the bfl Five ahead of hurst and flat hope tigger downies athritis not too bad they need him and harry firing

Dont put gizzie in your top 5's boys
see how many top players have gone: belcher, duff-tyler, bessaggio, medica, potter [wots with the boxing career thing?] and the biggest loss of all-- rod sharp
they are going to be very s-h-o-r-t all over the park

mate sent me e-mail listing all these i cant fit them in the bfl Five ahead of hurst and flat hope tigger downies athritis not too bad they need him and harry firing
Yep, we have lost a few again - Duff has retired, Bassegio back to St Bernards, Potter boxing, Medica overseas, Sharp looking for a flag (and maybe some coin) at Sunbury but Belcher may not be quite finished just yet.

We have picked a few handy players though - so i think we will be good enough to be fighting for that fifth spot

Is it correct that Jim Angove is going from White Hills to Golden Square and Pete Angove is going from White Hills to Sandhurst?

just a quick one. there doesnt seem to be to much importance put on the bendigo bombers as it is a good place for local blokes to play at a higher level with out having to move there lively hood. as an idea to raise the presence of the bombers in there region, the (sanfl) use to play games in rural towns in there zones and split the money on the gate. maybe twice a year. thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back