What's happening in the Bendigo Football League #3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i beleve numero uno (No. 1) is spot on maine man some significant damage was done to club property including valuable historical team photo's a cuppla years back drunken goings on those would be indiscretions i rec kon :thumbsdown:[/quot

Yes from what I understand at a pissup at the conclusion of of a season a few years ago some of the club "legends" took it upon themselves to do a few modifications to the rooms, trophy's and historic jumpers that were in frames. Some of these chaps are mentioned quite often in the posts here and one now holds quite a high profile position.

A lot of spiel is based on what people say within the club. I dont know what goes on in the club, but I have heard that there is a "us vs MCDFL" mentality that MCDFL footy is crap.

Again, I have never heard anything like that said. In fact I have never even heard the MCDFL discussed at Castlemaine outside of recruiting.

I think the whole town knows of these indescritions, it is pretty common knowledge. I wont name names but I think the Senior people in the club have a lot to answer for regarding this. Destroying facilities and alike at club functions etc is not a great culture for the youth of today to come into.

I must be the one person in town who doesn't know but from your post and the others on this matter I have a fair idea of what happened. If it is so widely known I am not sure why you and the others don't name names though? After all if someone behaved badly and it is proven then they have no right to be protected. Were the players in question dealt with at the time?

The reserves dilemma is a massive problem. You mention that a lot of players in the past have gone to other clubs to play seniors and for money. Can you name them because I see very few in the MCDFL.
Sources tell me a lot are fed up of been treated like 2nd class citizens. Blokes coming in for the cash and treated like royalty while the mainstays get a raw deal.

There are certainly a lot of players who come out of the under 18's or seconds and end up heading to the MCDFL. They might not all be world beaters but are the #20-30 type players who are fringe seniors and strong seconds players that are vital to any club. I'm not sure that what you are saying is the reason for that and I'd love to hear you perhaps explain some instances where that has happened?

There is clearly an issue there though that needs to be rectified before the club can move forward.

i beleve numero uno (No. 1) is spot on maine man some significant damage was done to club property including valuable historical team photo's a cuppla years back drunken goings on those would be indiscretions i rec kon :thumbsdown:[/quot

Yes from what I understand at a pissup at the conclusion of of a season a few years ago some of the club "legends" took it upon themselves to do a few modifications to the rooms, trophy's and historic jumpers that were in frames. Some of these chaps are mentioned quite often in the posts here and one now holds quite a high profile position.

No point playing coy, you mean Steven Oliver.... obviously. And I would not doubt it. He is a goose on the turps.

What a disgrace that he would do that to a club he claims to love

No point playing coy, you mean Steven Oliver.... obviously. And I would not doubt it. He is a goose on the turps.

What a disgrace that he would do that to a club he claims to love

Dont think his on his Pat Malone there. Every club has at least 1 if not 5 geese that like to let their hair down after a few wheelspinners.

Nah i think pinnancle is spot on. Played one game when square really struggled, he used to be hard as nails but his skills were deplorable.

As I said I'm going off my opinion of him from 7 years ago, so fair chance I'll be wrong. He used to do some freakish things around goal, will be interesting to see how he fairs.

my mail is the C'maine name being bandied about is incorrect. That person certainly holds a high profile position but the name Number One is obliquely referring to holds a high profile position .... but actually at a club, not league level.

There you go MaineMan. Suss it out from there.

my mail is the C'maine name being bandied about is incorrect. That person certainly holds a high profile position but the name Number One is obliquely referring to holds a high profile position .... but actually at a club, not league level.

There you go MaineMan. Suss it out from there.

Wouldn't happen to be their new coach would it?? It could be any number of them, as a few of thier good players are a completely different breed on the drink in there!

g'day everyone, the Doc's back... refreshed for a massive 2010 for the Dragons

Here's an updated list of our recruits
http://[URL blocked]/?p=2683

cheers, have a good weekend
Doc (or anyone else) what is the situation with VFL listed affiliate players such as Holmes and Duscher - do they have to play a certain number of BFL games during the year to be eligible for BFL finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doc (or anyone else) what is the situation with VFL listed affiliate players such as Holmes and Duscher - do they have to play a certain number of BFL games during the year to be eligible for BFL finals?

yes they do, but I can't remember whether it's at least 5 BFL games or another qualification rule? Such as 'x' many of VFL senior games or not? Sorry... I'll find out if someone doesn't answer this soon

yes they do, but I can't remember whether it's at least 5 BFL games or another qualification rule? Such as 'x' many of VFL senior games or not? Sorry... I'll find out if someone doesn't answer this soon

top of the ladder after 18 rounds, crash, but lost granny by a fair bit to g square 37-point loss flattered south a bit as dogs put the pedal down whenever it was needed bloods hve picked up hard nose midfielder anderson from h'cote, leigh davies from mounts also in hdfl maybe f-back hubbard from echuca and ex coach dan o'bree returns

square also got some good 1s with simon rosa and hammond from wafl n also grant weeks from colbo in hdfl

Strathfieldsaye Football & Netball Club, along with the Strathfieldsaye Cricket Club are holding a joint fundraising event for Luke "Milky" Millard.

Luke who is assistant coach to the Under 18 football team and a valued member of the Strathfieldsaye Cricket Club, was accidentally hit by a car on Friday 22nd January 2010.

To assist the Millard family for Milky's recovery there will be a "Italian meal Night" at the Strathfieldsaye Recreation Reserve Clubrooms this Saturday 6th February, commencing at 7pm.

Cost of the night is $15 per head in which you will be supplied with sumptuous Italian food ranging from fine Italian pastas to the favourite spaghetti bolognaise. Tickets are available through committee members of the Footy Club. (visit club's website: www.strathfieldsayefc.vcfl.com.au for committee contact details).

It is also requested that if you are able to provide a prepared meal for the evening please contact Brian Hansen (football/netball) at: brian.hansen@police.vic.gov.au or Scott Hyatt (cricket) at: shyatt@scbnetwork.com.au .

Your supplied meal could be anything from a garlic bread to a specially made pasta dish/casserole.

For those wishing to supply a prepared meal or wanting to attend this important evening, could you please inform Brian or Scott with your intended dish/numbers attending for catering purposes.

All proceeds raised on the night will go towards Luke to assist in his recovery.

This is a night to assist one of Strathfieldsaye's much loved characters and encourage everyone who can, to support the evening. Please spread the word to those who may be interested in attending this occasion.

:thumbsu: stormyboy has posted on the Loddon Valley thread details of strath's bank a/c -- that way bigfooty people will b able to lodge their donations towards Milky's fund :thumbsu:

:thumbsu: stormyboy has posted on the Loddon Valley thread details of strath's bank a/c -- that way bigfooty people will b able to lodge their donations towards Milky's fund :thumbsu:

As mentioned by Zakster, anyone wishing to make a donation for the Luke Milalrd fundraising night can do so via EFT. 100% of your donation will then be forwarded along with the fundraising night proceeds to Milko.

Bank account details as follows:

BSB: 633-000 (Bgo Bank)
A/C No: 132391087
A/C Name: Strathfieldsaye FNC
EFT Reference: Your BF username

By using your BF user ID as the EFT reference will allow the club to identify who payment has been received from (you may wish to remain annonymous if you would like to do so).

Once again your support for Milko is appreciated !

Due to the overwhelming repsonse, I have been advised that ticket sales for Saturday's night Luke Millard fundraiser is now at capacity.

Anyone still wishing to make a contribution to the fundraiser can still do so via direct credit into the Strath FNC account as previously supplied.

Many thanks to those who have contributed to this fundraiser in some way ! :thumbsu:

Due to the overwhelming repsonse, I have been advised that ticket sales for Saturday's night Luke Millard fundraiser is now at capacity.

Anyone still wishing to make a contribution to the fundraiser can still do so via direct credit into the Strath FNC account as previously supplied.

Many thanks to those who have contributed to this fundraiser in some way ! :thumbsu:

Great work Stormboy and everyone else involved!! :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back