What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy says he laments 'politics of division ' with a straight face

It's diabolical that he can even try to take that stance
The only purpose of Duttons stance is to try and destabilise Labor.

He knows there are Labor MP’s sympathetic to Israel and he knows there are Labor MP’s sympathetic to the Palestinians.

If he can get them fighting amongst themselves then job done.

Dutton also knows that outside the inner city elites that he openly detests, no one is paying much attention.

Labor have been remarkably stable so far - Dutton has to disrupt this.

As usual with the LNP - everything is political. And consequences be damned.

He really is going all our RWNJ now isn't he

FACT: A two-state solution for Israel/Palestine has been bi-partisan Australian policy for decades.

Tony Abbott called for it in 2014:

View attachment 1955886

And when the feck did Israel become our 'ally' btw? They have never been a formal ally of Australia. They are a state with whom we share friendly cordial relations like almost every friggin country in the world.
The absolute state of the Libs and Dutton these days.

No idea why on earth they’re rallying against a position both sides have taken before in a time when heaps are being slaughterered.

If I had to guess a lot of Australians don’t pay much attention to the whole conflict and their views are always going to be fairly anti war.

Hilarious the Libs seem to think being shills for Israel will win them all these votes. From where? We don’t live in the USA where Israel has a fair bit of support.

It’s clear he’s trying for the Trump division ploy.

The thing that the idiot and his cronies seem to be ignoring is the complete difference between the USA and Australia.

The US is a far more divisive country with all sorts of wealth disparity issues that affect the way people vote.

Incredible that a leader of one of the big two parties would bring up one of the darkest days in Australian history in comparison to a protest. Just ******* absurd that the media haven’t called him out on such a vile and wrong comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My theory is they wont change until they actually lose support from members. Mass exodus type thing.
The policies and actions of the two major parties have never been driven by member numbers have they?

My understanding is the number of people who are actually financial members of political parties is pretty small and what matters is the voting behind HOR seat and senate nominations - driven by people who have been financial backers or part of the party machines since their youth.

I mean, yes the Labor Party does have annual or bi-annual member conferences - but those conference outcomes are determined largely by union membership voting blocks as opposed to individual party members or supporters. Damned sure most of the retail workers who are members of the Shoppies Union would not support the right wing religious anti-abortion anti voluntary euthanasia stuff their union supports as Labor Party policy. .

As for the Libs, potential Lib candidates and voters shifting to the Teals has actually enhanced the standing of the right wing fringe conservatives like Antic et al.

In the Liberal Party the members decide the candidates and the elected parliamentarians decide the policy.

In the ALP the almost exact opposite is the case, keeping in mind that because the ALP is structurally the political wing of the union movement, the membership is mostly the union movement, so they decide the policy and the party leadership (MPs, union leaders, elected office bearers) decide the candidates except when they devolve that power to the membership, keeping in mind the factions are allocated which seats they get to pick the member (the factions are bricks and mortar in the ALP).

If anything, the movement to the right in the Liberal Party has been a membership reaction to vested interests. But there is still a granting of credit for those who can raise funds.

In the Liberal Party the members decide the candidates and the elected parliamentarians decide the policy.

In the ALP the almost exact opposite is the case, keeping in mind that because the ALP is structurally the political wing of the union movement, the membership is mostly the union movement, so they decide the policy and the party leadership (MPs, union leaders, elected office bearers) decide the candidates except when they devolve that power to the membership, keeping in mind the factions are allocated which seats they get to pick the member (the factions are bricks and mortar in the ALP).

If anything, the movement to the right in the Liberal Party has been a membership reaction to vested interests. But there is still a granting of credit for those who can raise funds.

Choosing your current Liberal candidates is not something to be proud of. I'm sure Gina and Rupert are happy though.

Choosing your current Liberal candidates is not something to be proud of. I'm sure Gina and Rupert are happy though.
It's certainly a good advertisement for the ALP dictatorial method.

Power has corrupted both parties structurally. Both are due for a revolution.

The Greens aren't far behind with their "everyone must speak and believe the same thing or they'll say nasty things in the media"

It's certainly a good advertisement for the ALP dictatorial method.

Power has corrupted both parties structurally. Both are due for a revolution.

The Greens aren't far behind with their "everyone must speak and believe the same thing or they'll say nasty things in the media"

If I had to choose, I'd rather be a member of a union than a member of a political party.

I suppose that makes me a communist or something.

Bridget Archer is the ONLY Tasmanian Liberal MP who has called out Dutton for his comments comparing the pro-Palestinian rally to the Port Arthur massacre labelling Dutton’s comments “incredibly disrespectful” and “wholly inappropriate”

Has the qualities of intelligence, compassion and decency that is wholly lacking in the Federal Liberal Party.

Can't understand wtf she is still with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back