What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

* me but he's a vile campaigner
But his Mrs says he's not a monster!

Mind you she also stood stock still with a terrified look on her face as she blinked twice when asked if she was able to leave her own free will.

Some are
This idea that it's just young vs old completely erases class
The largest problem for the libs is the shrinking of wealth removing a chunk of their voting base

In large part the reason they struggle with younger voters is they're message doesn't work because those voters don't benefit from it

You can't sell a lie to people that know in it's a lie
Same thing becomes inevitable through history. As those with wealth work out a way to consolidate and consolidate, they end up being more and more a minority as they concentrate the wealth, as well as being far removed from the real world. Some within the ruling class are really into the "let them eat cake" stage.

Both sides of politics are at that stage with the housing crisis. All their investment properties that they can't quite understand why other people don't have them.

And then eventually the homeless masses will overthrow them.

As those with wealth work out a way to consolidate and consolidate, they end up being more and more a minority as they concentrate the wealth, as well as being far removed from the real world. Some within the ruling class are really into the "let them eat cake" stage.
The US seems to have sorted it out by pretending they are "men of the people", pointing at the foreigner, and redrawing electoral districts.

He is such a ******* grub, no scruples at all just willing to lie, politicise and say whatever he thinks might generate some support in the polls. I've never heard a constructive word come out of his mouth and anyone who holds their nose and votes for him as a protest against Albanese/ALP should think long and hard about what a government led by this wannabe fascist will actually mean for the country.

If a women had given a speech like that Dutton would have accused her of being too emotional.
If Labor gave it he'd accuse them of being divisive

Feels to me that this is being reported but not being taken particularly seriously which is fatal for Dutton.
It might have been the only worthy thing said in a long time, but largely unreported. So what was it?

And Morrison broke the bipartisan thing with the embassy in israel thing

He really is going all our RWNJ now isn't he

FACT: A two-state solution for Israel/Palestine has been bi-partisan Australian policy for decades.

Tony Abbott called for it in 2014:

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 9.05.47 AM.png

And when the feck did Israel become our 'ally' btw? They have never been a formal ally of Australia. They are a state with whom we share friendly cordial relations like almost every friggin country in the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FACT: A two-state solution for Israel/Palestine has been bi-partisan Australian policy for decades.

View attachment 1955886

And when the feck did Israel become our 'ally' btw? They have never been a formal ally of Australia. They are a state with whom we share friendly cordial relations like almost every friggin country in the world.

I think our relations with Israel are and have been friendlier than most other countries we are friendly with.

Most of the world wants a two-state solution. First step is both sides agreeing that the other state should be permitted to exist.

View attachment 1955886

whoopsie daisy
- IDF, 2014

"
In a Liberal party oration named in honour of Tom Hughes, Dutton said it was “astonishing” how few arrests had been made for antisemitic behaviour and said if the police response at the Opera House protests had been stronger then other incidents would not have occurred.
"

So this from the party of "people have a right to be bigots".

Interesting.

Most of the world wants a two-state solution. First step is both sides agreeing that the other state should be permitted to exist.
Which is EXACTLY what Wong said 2 days ago and what Abbott said 10 years ago.

My point and why I posted it in this thread rather than the Israel/Hamas thread is that Dutton is a liar on this and deliberately politicising an issue that has been approached with bipartisanship for many years.

This goes directly to the dangerous dishonest treachery of Peter Dutton as a potential future PM as he continues his lurch further to the right.

Last edited:
I would have thought Dutton siding with the country which killed the Australian, rather than Australia is the LNP running away from bipartisanship.

I always thought it was bipartisan that our Parliament was against the killing of Australians.

But it seems Dutton thinks the killing of Australians is ok if it's done by Israel.

How did we reach a point where a politician (person) as bad as this is leading a major political party?

I think our relations with Israel are and have been friendlier than most other countries we are friendly with.

Do you still think you can fix this broken party from within?

sense lurch is trying to brand himself as a man of conviction to remedy holes in the age demographic of lib party voters ..... a 'love or loath him at least you know where he stands' kinda guy

expect party research is finding young voters will respect that above pollies who backflip endlessly in this game of negotiation and compromise we call politics ..... will be interesting to see how it tracks in polls

Last edited:
"
In a Liberal party oration named in honour of Tom Hughes, Dutton said it was “astonishing” how few arrests had been made for antisemitic behaviour and said if the police response at the Opera House protests had been stronger then other incidents would not have occurred.
"

So this from the party of "people have a right to be bigots".

Interesting.

It's a clear failing of the party as it currently operates. Those who lament identity politics revel in it when it comes to certain issues. Those who defend free speech rally against those who say things they don't agree with. Our values only work when they are applied universally.
Do you still think you can fix this broken party from within?

I know I can't from without.

It's a clear failing of the party as it currently operates. Those who lament identity politics revel in it when it comes to certain issues. Those who defend free speech rally against those who say things they don't agree with. Our values only work when they are applied universally.

I know I can't from without.

My theory is they wont change until they actually lose support from members. Mass exodus type thing.

View attachment 1955886

You know who forgot to mention this in her little rant last night on Sky.......Tony's little offsider Peta Credlin

Those who defend free speech rally against those who say things they don't agree with.
What strawman BS.

This is not an issue of 'free speech'.

This is an Australian opposition leader (and potential PM) aligning himself with the right wing media creating false agendas and narratives with gross exaggerations, lies and unhinged commentary aimed at driving division and hate - often along religious, cultural and/or racial lines.

It cuts to the very core of our values as a modern, cosmopolitan and democratic country and the lack of journalists prepared to call it out for what it is should alarm all of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back