Movies & TV What are you watching on TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome news re Altered Carbon. Also happy to report S.3 of Babylon Berlin returns to Netflix on 1 March. All I need now is a new series of Ozarks.

Could not help myself and ended up bingeing on both.

Altered Carbon did not meet the level reached in the first series. Still quite good but the storyline was not as strong and the guy playing the lead is not a patch on Joel K's A grade effort in S.1.

Happy to report the new series of Babylon Berlin exceeded my highest expectations. Tightly written whodunits amidst a myriad of subplots and big cast. The time is late 1929 with the final day being the Stock Market crash. The show is gorgeous to look at and they have again spent a motza.

BB is a must watch show. I reckon it is far better to have it in German with English sub titles.

Could not help myself and ended up bingeing on both.

Altered Carbon did not meet the level reached in the first series. Still quite good but the storyline was not as strong and the guy playing the lead is not a patch on Joel K's A grade effort in S.1.

Happy to report the new series of Babylon Berlin exceeded my highest expectations. Tightly written whodunits amidst a myriad of subplots and big cast. The time is late 1929 with the final day being the Stock Market crash. The show is gorgeous to look at and they have again spent a motza.

BB is a must watch show. I reckon it is far better to have it in German with English sub titles.
I'll have to add BB to my watch list, hav been meaning to view but did wonder if it would have legs and continue past S1

Wife and I have just started watching 'The Expanse'

Holy crap! If you like 'hard' (ish) Sci-Fi, this is awesome (only seen the first few eps of S1 so far)

Wife and I have just started watching 'The Expanse'

Holy crap! If you like 'hard' (ish) Sci-Fi, this is awesome (only seen the first few eps of S1 so far)

I watched it a while ago. It has terrific story lines and beautifully shot. Unhappily it has been removed from Netflix.

I watched it a while ago. It has terrific story lines and beautifully shot. Unhappily it has been removed from Netflix.

There are secret places on the internet for such things. :p

A few years late, but I recently discovered Ronny Chieng: International Student on ABC iView - absolutely spot on parody of university life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been enjoying and really trying to not binge "Call my Agent".

Some of the moments are achingly funny, approaching Fawlty Towers levels.

For those that have not seen it the show is based on a Talent Agency. Each episode has one or more French film or theatre actrines as guests appearing as themselves (sort of).

Later today I will rewatch the last episode of S.2. It has Juliette Binoche being an absolute dag lounging around in tracky dacks. She is a hoot. In her mid 50s now she really looks and acts like the German actress Liv Lisa Fries - they could be mum and daughter.

I have become a bit of a fan of German TV series - notably Dark and Babylon Berlin. Just started watching an absurdist comedy called The Last Word. It is really worth a look.

The premise is how a grieving middle aged Berlin mum comes to terms (or not) with her hubby's death. She ends up getting a job delivering eulogies at funerals run by a failing funeral parlour.

I have become a bit of a fan of German TV series - notably Dark and Babylon Berlin. Just started watching an absurdist comedy called The Last Word. It is really worth a look.

The premise is how a grieving middle aged Berlin mum comes to terms (or not) with her hubby's death. She ends up getting a job delivering eulogies at funerals run by a failing funeral parlour.

If you like German movies I strongly recommend Good Bye Lenin

Been religiously watching through the British comedy show Taskmaster, its a great pick me up.

Found it randomly on SBS Viceland and its now must watch. Lots of fun.

Finally watched "Good Omens". Giggled my way through all of it.

Subsequently I learnt that 20,000 religious folk had signed a petition urging Netflix to drop the program because among other things it depicted God as a woman. This was funny enough but the duffers stuffed up. It was Amazon Prime showing the program.

The late Terry Pratchett who co-wrote the book the series was based upon would have really enjoyed the complaints from the deluded religious folk who were offended by the program.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back