Movies & TV What are you watching on TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Am half way through the first episode of Night Sky, a new Sci Fi offering on Prime. It already seems much more. It has two fine actors in Sissy Spacek and JK Simmons.

Had to stop as it is dealing with whether the two should get home care or move into a care facility. The issue is raw as I had been caring for a frail 95 with dementia for 2 years and can no longer do the 24/7. Seeing a dramatic well written depiction without mawkishness of what is a common life issue is terrific.

Hard to tell but the show, acting and writing look great. I am always up for decent sci fi.
Feel for you, Uncle. Are you able to get the help you need for mum?

I've been watching a tv show called 'Evil' which is basically about 3 individuals investigating paranormal incidents involving people of the Christian faith or associated with the Church. On the surface it seems like a typical paranormal style plot but it's much much more!

Basically these 3 individuals include a man of faith (who is trying to become a priest/seriously considering the profession), a man who is basically a scientist who tries to explain everything with logic and a lady who is a psychologist (main lead). The chemistry between all the characters is excellent, the script is written incorporating humour at the correct moments while still playing on the good v evil theme and of course has a scare factor.

Most importantly (for me anyway) is the characters invoke an emotional response, you sometimes love them and at other times loathe them. I freaking love it. It's a bit quirky and definitely not for everyone but imo it's an excellent tv show, especially if you're considering something to binge watch.

I've been watching a tv show called 'Evil' which is basically about 3 individuals investigating paranormal incidents involving people of the Christian faith or associated with the Church. On the surface it seems like a typical paranormal style plot but it's much much more!

Basically these 3 individuals include a man of faith (who is trying to become a priest/seriously considering the profession), a man who is basically a scientist who tries to explain everything with logic and a lady who is a psychologist (main lead). The chemistry between all the characters is excellent, the script is written incorporating humour at the correct moments while still playing on the good v evil theme and of course has a scare factor.

Most importantly (for me anyway) is the characters invoke an emotional response, you sometimes love them and at other times loathe them. I freaking love it. It's a bit quirky and definitely not for everyone but imo it's an excellent tv show, especially if you're considering something to binge watch.
Bloody hell, the trailer alone is enough to freak me out!!:eek::eek:

In respite and will stay.
Hey GUH, pretty tough huh?

Cared for my parents at home in 2017 & 2018, when eventually it just became too much. Now I spend at least half of my free time taking Dad out (Mum died in 2019), and making sure he is not forgotten.

Do yourself a favour and go and talk to someone about the guilt, if you haven't done already... I didn't, after all it couldn't change anything and I knew that I'd done the right thing... and boy, was I wrong! Eventually, I went in 2021 (I think) and I can't begin to describe the difference it has made and the weight lifted (that I didn't even know I was carrying).

Anyway all the best mate, good luck!

:heart: Hold you head up high, you stood up when it counted. :heart:

Hey GUH, pretty tough huh?

Cared for my parents at home in 2017 & 2018, when eventually it just became too much. Now I spend at least half of my free time taking Dad out (Mum died in 2019), and making sure he is not forgotten.

Do yourself a favour and go and talk to someone about the guilt, if you haven't done already... I didn't, after all it couldn't change anything and I knew that I'd done the right thing... and boy, was I wrong! Eventually, I went in 2021 (I think) and I can't begin to describe the difference it has made and the weight lifted (that I didn't even know I was carrying).

Anyway all the best mate, good luck!

:heart: Hold you head up high, you stood up when it counted. :heart:

Thanks Kirky. My mother would get the wanders - day and night - and this finally became impossible to manage and get sleep. You did pretty well yourself. It had gone so long I felt only twinges of guilt at the end. Everyday she announces plans to return home. (she is in a dementia unit) The announcements are designed to promote guilt - she is a bit like that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recommend Zane Rowe talking music with Guy Pearce

Australia v. Belgium QF Women's World basketball
ESPN on fox
4th quarter Aus 72 - Bel 51
Edit
Final 86 Bel 69
Now play China tomorrow night :)

Last edited:
Having a big scandi/nordic noir bingeathon. This is prompted by Netflix releasing S.3 of the Finnish series Deadwind and a film finalising another excellent Finnish series in Borderland.

Before those treats I am rewatching the old series The Bridge and The Killing. Might rewatch the US versions, both of which were well done.

Hunters season 2 is out on amazon prime. Season 1 was awesome, can't wait to watch season 2. It's basically about a group of people from different backgrounds hunting nazis in America in the late 1970s. Well worth a watch if you like war or mystery related shows. Al Pacino is one of the lead roles.

Hunters season 2 is out on amazon prime. Season 1 was awesome, can't wait to watch season 2. It's basically about a group of people from different backgrounds hunting nazis in America in the late 1970s. Well worth a watch if you like war or mystery related shows. Al Pacino is one of the lead roles.
I was looking at that notification the other day! Season 1 was excellent.

Having a big scandi/nordic noir bingeathon. This is prompted by Netflix releasing S.3 of the Finnish series Deadwind and a film finalising another excellent Finnish series in Borderland.

Before those treats I am rewatching the old series The Bridge and The Killing. Might rewatch the US versions, both of which were well done.
Deadwind looks very promising Uncle. What is it about these cold oppressive Scandi murder mysteries - sooo good.

Anyone else a fan of the Yellowstone universe (not sure what else to call it with the prequels and spinoffs)? Main show still going fairly strong (has some slow parts), 1883 was excellent and 1923 decent so far.

Also it finished years ago, but got around to bingeing Justified (Timothy Olyphant as a US Marshal in Kentucky), 6 seasons, has a few repetitive moments, but the kind of show that when finished you feel sad. Then you find out it's making a comeback (though not with the same wider cast).

Deadwind looks very promising Uncle. What is it about these cold oppressive Scandi murder mysteries - sooo good.

For me the star is always the grey external visuals. They are tailor made for cracking dialogue, brooding silences, good direction and excellent performances by the cast.

Not Scandi, but neighbouring, I am delighted the long awaited 4th season of Babylon Berlin is due on Netflix late Feb/early March.

For me the star is always the grey external visuals. They are tailor made for cracking dialogue, brooding silences, good direction and excellent performances by the cast.

Not Scandi, but neighbouring, I am delighted the long awaited 4th season of Babylon Berlin is due on Netflix late Feb/early March.
Finally, I just assumed they didn't bother picking up the rights for it since it was taking so long (Babylon Berlin 4th season).

Occupied (Norway) is a good modern day Scandi political thriller, feel like they could easily bring it back (given the subject matter).

Chestnut Man (Den) and The Break (Belgium) weren't bad either on Netflix.

Finally, I just assumed they didn't bother picking up the rights for it since it was taking so long (Babylon Berlin 4th season).

Occupied (Norway) is a good modern day Scandi political thriller, feel like they could easily bring it back (given the subject matter).

Chestnut Man (Den) and The Break (Belgium) weren't bad either on Netflix.

Aye. I enjoyed Occupied but thought it tailed off a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back