Western Region FL - Divy 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

St Albans and Sunshine have the 46 points as they should with limited juniors

YSE and PC if properly supported hopefully will have their junior program kick in at some time. Caroline Springs have Been in Div 1 since 2017 and have not made finals as yet and were not supported with appropriate points early which has set them back a fair bit

Unfortunately for them, DP want to keep winning flags and don’t care about unevenness, maybe it’s time for them to pull back on the ex afl player thing and try and recruit people that will stay around more than a few years

Unfortunately for them, DP want to keep winning flags and don’t care about unevenness, maybe it’s time for them to pull back on the ex afl player thing and try and recruit people that will stay around more than a few years
100%. Points reductions are in place to even the comp up. If DP continue to focus on mercenary types, it's their own fault. They can't continue to whine about the points reduction while at the same time doing nothing about long term sustainability.

It takes years to build a Junior program, it's why you start the groundwork immediately, rather than waiting until the chequebook option no longer becomes valid & complaining of being hard done by..

It's never good to see a community club struggle but surely a degree of schadenfreude is warranted, particularly after years of flouting the rules & openly talking sh*t about other clubs on social media.
It's part of the reason that nobody, aside from ppl involved in the club or leader journos hold the club in a similar esteem to the likes of Vermont, Keilor etc.

how do you build a junior program “Mr perfect world” when a club such a a deer park can’t even get enough kids to field junior cricket teams. I have a very good friend who knows president there very well and they offered Up full merchandise free and free membership all to no avail for under 18 players ..not one uptake

It will take a few years for YSE and PC junior program to kick in at senior level, but it will happen.
Surely you’re not implying DP and St. Albans are non competitive with what’s in place ?
If DP recruit a few players that suck up a lot of their points, I’d say they should look at their recruiting strategy and get better at it.
Get better at recruiting 😂😂😂just won 7 in a row ..two under the new rules

how do you build a junior program “Mr perfect world” when a club such a a deer park can’t even get enough kids to field junior cricket teams. I have a very good friend who knows president there very well and they offered Up full merchandise free and free membership all to no avail for under 18 players ..not one uptake
The reason that didn't work is because they did that 5 or 6 years ago. They poached the best kids they could and won an U18 flag by a long way and then left the kids they poached languishing in the 2's while they continued to bring in the mercenaries.

The reason that didn't work is because they did that 5 or 6 years ago. They poached the best kids they could and won an U18 flag by a long way and then left the kids they poached languishing in the 2's while they continued to bring in the mercenaries.

Your correct, they did poach the best players in the comp and offer them big sign ons and match payments. Its interesting that their Under 19 coach is the current Senior coach of East Keilor. They are the team that are accused of flaunting the salary cap in the EDFL. Must have learnt a few tricks at Deer Park.
They won 7 premiership on the trot a remarkable effort. How did they do that.
It all started when Alison got involved with truck loads of money for the club. They recruited many good players from the EDFL including a few from Maribinong where Alison came from. Alison demanded Bullen to be coach. They sacked Condos as coach and put Bullen on as coach.
They did win a couple of premierships prior to the salary cap or the points system.
The salary cap and points system was put in place to stop teams like Deer Park from wrecking the comp by having an unlimited supply of money. The system is state wide and any comp can reduce a teams point under the "sustained success' rule. They are now complaining about having reduced points.
They dont have juniors because they only want a senior team.
They got rid of what juniors they had, got rid of the womans team and when they were struggling for numbers in the seniors they asked the WRFL if they could play with only a senior team.
I think anyone thats involved with a club in the WRFL know what money is being offered as sign ons and whats offered for games at Deer Park
Its disappointing that the investigation that was done didnt come up with facts of what they have done.
Now they want to include two ex AFL players.

How can clubs with no population get junior teams, wow you rolled out the red carpet to juniors there, compared to ex senior players. If you had fev, Byrnes houlahan, Guerra all coach juniors, actually invest in a program, not short term, here's some merchandise.

On another note, I did notice that saady ghazi was appointed coach of Greensborough, where a number of deer Park players thought it was a good idea to comment and mock him. Not sure that's a classy club and graceful winners there.

Guys the joke is on you, you've manipulated the system, gone over and above to beat the points and salary and rub it in, like you've done a western Bulldogs in 2016 to be underdogs to win the flag, maybe read the play a bit better in terms of what the general public think of the success,.

Yep 7 flags is a tremendous effort, but it would have had greater acknowledgement if you used your juniors more and played within the spirit of local footy, it's not the NBA, where nowhere cares for super teams and finding ways to get around the salary

How can clubs with no population get junior teams, wow you rolled out the red carpet to juniors there, compared to ex senior players. If you had fev, Byrnes houlahan, Guerra all coach juniors, actually invest in a program, not short term, here's some merchandise.

On another note, I did notice that saady ghazi was appointed coach of Greensborough, where a number of deer Park players thought it was a good idea to comment and mock him. Not sure that's a classy club and graceful winners there.

Guys the joke is on you, you've manipulated the system, gone over and above to beat the points and salary and rub it in, like you've done a western Bulldogs in 2016 to be underdogs to win the flag, maybe read the play a bit better in terms of what the general public think of the success,.

Yep 7 flags is a tremendous effort, but it would have had greater acknowledgement if you used your juniors more and played within the spirit of local footy, it's not the NBA, where nowhere cares for super teams and finding ways to get around the salary

who and what did they comment ?

Any news recruiting wise from clubs?

Had a look over Sunshine socials pretty quiet.

Saints busy on the socials, recruiting and looking like they'll have good depth. Be nice to see them play finals next year. Looks as though a lot of blokes returning to the club.

CS relatively quiet - would also like to see them in the finals for something different but think they're a couple quality signings away.

Any news recruiting wise from clubs?

Had a look over Sunshine socials pretty quiet.

Saints busy on the socials, recruiting and looking like they'll have good depth. Be nice to see them play finals next year. Looks as though a lot of blokes returning to the club.

CS relatively quiet - would also like to see them in the finals for something different but think they're a couple quality signings away.
Heard some mail CS have signed 2 guns from EDFL premier club Aberfeldie. Experienced pair but absolute guns. Strong Bull Midfielder and Gun key position player is the Mail.

Heard some mail CS have signed 2 guns from EDFL premier club Aberfeldie. Experienced pair but absolute guns. Strong Bull Midfielder and Gun key position player is the Mail.

If experienced Abers players then will be strong at this level. Are the initials any of the following?
JC, JF, ZH or RA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Turbo had good mail!
Great get for CS! Allan was team of the Year in premier division this season!
Can play either end but I’d assume he will play forward as he will be more damaging there

Looks like Turbo had good mail!
Great get for CS! Allan was team of the Year in premier division this season!
Can play either end but I’d assume he will play forward as he will be more damaging there

Cheers mate. And the other is an big inside wrecking ball so you can guess who that is Zinger. 2 excellent recruits for CS.

Cheers mate. And the other is an big inside wrecking ball so you can guess who that is Zinger. 2 excellent recruits for CS.

Is he a premiership captain at Abers and won multiple best and fairest as well as runner up in comp medal?

I think he was also selected captain of the team of the 2010’s which shows how highly he’s rated within the league

If true he will be one of the best players in the comp and CS will be right up there!

Last edited:
Is he a premiership captain at Abers and won multiple best and fairest as well as runner up in comp medal?

I think he was also selected captain of the team of the 2010’s which shows how highly he’s rated within the league

If true he will be one of the best players in the comp and CS will be right up there!
Yes mate my Mail is Cubillo also off to CS. Probably a change of scenery and a bit less pressure is going to be good for these 2. In there latter years but gee there huge pick ups and if CS have the young talent underneath then you couldn’t find 2 better players/people to teach them as well as understand the culture and loyalty side. I’ve watched a bit of EDFL and just can’t help but admire both these players on how they go about there footy. Only need to watch 5 mins of Cubillo and go “gee this guy is hard & courageous as they come but very fair player”.
Allan just goes about his stuff and his a star either forward or back. Mostly seen him play as a defender and is rarely beaten.

Excellent work CS and obviously Holland behind the recruiting.

Yes mate my Mail is Cubillo also off to CS. Probably a change of scenery and a bit less pressure is going to be good for these 2. In there latter years but gee there huge pick ups and if CS have the young talent underneath then you couldn’t find 2 better players/people to teach them as well as understand the culture and loyalty side. I’ve watched a bit of EDFL and just can’t help but admire both these players on how they go about there footy. Only need to watch 5 mins of Cubillo and go “gee this guy is hard & courageous as they come but very fair player”.
Allan just goes about his stuff and his a star either forward or back. Mostly seen him play as a defender and is rarely beaten.

I heard they are all playing for nothing.

Ryan Allan comfortably the best key defender in the EDFL over the last decade. Towelled up Galea in a few big finals. Fantastic pick up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back