Welcome to the Bulldogs Sam Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Without looking, I assume Ashcroft is favourite?

I think everyone is expecting a Daicos-like first season, but Lions have a more stacked midfield so I wonder how much and where he’ll be playing
Yeah but we all know the RS is a BS award.

It just goes with "the vibe". Or - it has been alleged - whoever the panel and their friends have put their money on.

If Darcy wins it, well that's good for his PR but it means little. I'll settle for Darcy missing out on the prize but still becoming one of the best players in the game, just like Bont did.

Remind me again where Lewy Taylor is playing these days?

It just goes with "the vibe". Or - it has been alleged - whoever the panel and their friends have put their money on.

If Darcy wins it, well that's good for his PR but it means little. I'll settle for Darcy missing out on the prize but still becoming one of the best players in the game, just like Bont did.

Terang-Mortlake in the Hampden FNL for the 2023 season 😝

Who was it that edged out Caleb?

Who was it that edged out Caleb?

Callum Mills but to be fair Callum was easily the best young player of that season, Caleb got the last laugh with the premiership which is the only thing that seperates the two as both have one AA and one B&F under their belts.

Unlike Lewy Taylor beating Bont which has only gotten more egregious year by year as Bont was absolutely the better player in 2014 by most metrics outside of games played.

Callum Mills but to be fair Callum was easily the best young player of that season, Caleb got the last laugh with the premiership which is the only thing that seperates the two as both have one AA and one B&F under their belts.

Unlike Lewy Taylor beating Bont which has only gotten more egregious year by year as Bont was absolutely the better player in 2014 by most metrics outside of games played.
Daniel polled a close 2nd in a pretty hot year. The 9 players who polled votes that year were Mills, Daniel, Weitering, Parish, Darcy Moore, Gresham, Petracca, Oliver and Weller.

If Darcy didn’t have a interupted pre season I think he’d be good value for the rising star.

I can’t recall seeing a better first year talent play for our vfl affiliated side.

Even more impressive than bont at vfl level and I remember watching a game against Sandringham where he kicked 4 and had about 35 touches (never played reserves again after that).

I’m pretty bullish on him being a contributor by mid to late next season should injury permit.

If Darcy didn’t have a interupted pre season I think he’d be good value for the rising star.

I can’t recall seeing a better first year talent play for our vfl affiliated side.

Even more impressive than bont at vfl level and I remember watching a game against Sandringham where he kicked 4 and had about 35 touches (never played reserves again after that).

I’m pretty bullish on him being a contributor by mid to late next season should injury permit.

They said he will be back to full training after christmas.

I also recall him doing training in the first couple of weeks, before being pulled out with a minor (ingrown hair?) injury.

This shouldn’t impact him too much I wouldn’t have thought

At the time you posted he was 236cm. But that was two hours ago, so maybe 237 or 238.
Man, our wings are gonna be so tall this year...

Im hearing that he was inadvertently put in the wash when it was still on warm cycle and he is now 175cm.

Its a shame as he was looking to be a once in a generation tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im hearing that he was inadvertently put in the wash when it was still on warm cycle and he is now 175cm.

Its a shame as he was looking to be a once in a generation tall.
At least Caleb will still look up to him.

Anyone know Sams brothers are tracking? From what I hear Luke's kids excel at quite a few sports. I don't know whether his daughter plays AFL, but she is champion rower. Lets get her to the kennel. Reckon his kids would have had some good competitive games in the backyard.

Footywire still has Darcy listed at 204cm :rolleyes:

Sweet is our fourth tallest player at 205cm. Surely that's a record. And 19 players are 190+cm. That has to be close to a record also.

1673134908565.png

This is, of course, assuming these are correct. Knowing Sam is a lot more than his listed 204cm, I can't exactly trust this source.

I think Darcy definitely plays most of the year in the afl side. If he isn’t then our talls are absolutely killing it, as a talent like that doesn’t sit in the twos carving it up.

He’d be so dangerous floating around the ground taking contested marks for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
If he's really 211+ as reported (don't
doubt it) then surely we have to focus on developing him as a ruck, ruck/fwd.
I shared that news earlier this year after speaking to Luke about Sam... I've noticed that several news outlets are still saying he is 208 with one more recently saying he is 209... i think it was the AGE
Luke said he was 211

I shared that news earlier this year after speaking to Luke about Sam... I've noticed that several news outlets are still saying he is 208 with one more recently saying he is 209... i think it was the AGE
Luke said he was 211

Luke would probably know, the others would be going off the AFL site. He looks every bit of 211.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back