Welcome to the Bulldogs Sam Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe English needs to adapt his game to utilise his strengths/natural features....
Rather than trying to palm a CB hitout, neck it to the mids. Also if he uses that neck as a weapon in contested situations, unlikely the MRO have any ability to deal with it. Would like to see him wrap Greene up with his neck a-la Daniel Southern on Peter Sumich. 🤔
1714129283305.gif

3 goals and 2 contested marks.

30-40 goals this year is looking realistic. Reckon he’s going to be the pick of our tall forwards.
I saw his younger brother in the under 14s last week and he too is a jet. Luke was coach of the team for Glen Iris. Hasn't had growth spurt but has those long, wire type arms and moves well. Played in the centre and was easily BOG. Suspect he will grow like his older brothers. But from what I saw the kid can serisouly play. Might be one to watch in the next few years.

I saw his younger brother in the under 14s last week and he too is a jet. Luke was coach of the team for Glen Iris. Hasn't had growth spurt but has those long, wire type arms and moves well. Played in the centre and was easily BOG. Suspect he will grow like his older brothers. But from what I saw the kid can serisouly play. Might be one to watch in the next few years.

Was this Will or Max?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good will it be when we eventually have Sam, Will and Max Darcy all playing on wings and flanks so English can ruck, a 40yo Lobb can play forward with Naughton and Gardner, and pensioners Jones and Keath hold down KPD posts.
(Assuming JUH, JOD and Buku are all wearing the Tassie Devils strip by then... 😲☹)

What he’s doing so far this year is pretty crazy. As a forward, he’s putting up the same numbers as Max Ming at the same age, while averaging about 15% game time and spending a much bigger chunk of that time rucking than King did.

Compares well to Luke Jackson too. Jackson had a noticeably higher disposal efficiency at the same age, but Sam's scoring far more goals.

Sam Darcy could be anything. How many 210cm players do you see that don’t appear lanky ?

He’s as clean as, good closing speed, tackles, lovely kick, strong pack mark and from what I can see he has lots of mongrel in him.

Tim English better watch out too!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back