Welcome Welcome to Richmond Mykelti Lefau

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not a forward...too much responsibility to carry for a novice at AFL..ought to be played center/ruck rover...in the midst of the engine room...can tackle and go for the footy instead...
Interesting... maybe he should play that role against Werribee in the VFL this week and Samson Ryan should come in to give us some contested marking against the Eagles

One thing re Lefau that I’ll praise is his set shot action

It’s textbook
I’m so impressed with his skills..
He’s got so many good attributes… he’s played 3 games coming from a rugby background ffs

People are too inpatient

Remember how s**t Shedda, Grimes and Rance looked for years before clicking to elite mode

Not saying Lefau will get to their level but he’s gonna improve and already has so much so fast

Last edited:

I don't think it's really playing to his strengths. He's a physical player, but not in the air just yet.
Agree he cant compete if its aerial 1 v 1, he could use his physicality to prevent mcgovern jumping or clear access lines to intercept, will accept he would give away a lot of frees but preventing those intercept marks and limiting mcgoverns damage is mega to us winning

I’m so impressed with his skills..
He’s got so many good attributes… he’s played 3 games coming from a rugby background ffs

People are too inpatient

Remember how s**t Shedda, Grimes and Rance looked for years before clicking to elite mode

Not saying Lefau will get to their level but he’s gonna improve and already has so much so fast
And compared him to Folau, he's Royce Hart.

He's not a forward...too much responsibility to carry for a novice at AFL..ought to be played center/ruck rover...in the midst of the engine room...can tackle and go for the footy instead...
It’s the only role I could see him play , run into space take a mark kick a goal and crash packs. His ability when ball hits the deck is non existent so can’t quite see how he plays midfield

McNuggets will have a record day with 20 intercepts and 50 disposals

Personally i think if he is to make it would have to be as a fast leading FF that applies foward pressure when he doesnt have the pill
Needs to develop foward craft

It’s the only role I could see him play , run into space take a mark kick a goal and crash packs. His ability when ball hits the deck is non existent so can’t quite see how he plays midfield
Could is the word here...but does the Club have the time/patience to teach a 26yo novice the game and running patterns of a forward during the playing Season?! While the Club is doing so it is effectively a player down...
There was talk of Mykelti being lost, hesitating, up forward and trying to stay out of the other forwards way...the last few games!
Why not play him to his strengths...his RL background of player tackling...
Get him in the middle where he can hunt the player with the ball...see ball get ball decisions...easy peasy...see how it goes!
Last nights game Dees/Lions was a tackle fest around the ball...let him slam a few oppo players with his brute strength...
Gawn was carrying the side in that 1st Q...Mykelti runs through him, tackles him hard a few times it changes the game's dynamics...

Could is the word here...but does the Club have the time/patience to teach a 26yo novice the game and running patterns of a forward during the playing Season?! While the Club is doing so it is effectively a player down...
There was talk of Mykelti being lost, hesitating, up forward and trying to stay out of the other forwards way...the last few games!
Why not play him to his strengths...his RL background of player tackling...
Get him in the middle where he can hunt the player with the ball...see ball get ball decisions...easy peasy...see how it goes!
Last nights game Dees/Lions was a tackle fest around the ball...let him slam a few oppo players with his brute strength...
Gawn was carrying the side in that 1st Q...Mykelti runs through him, tackles him hard a few times it changes the game's dynamics...
Playing to his strengths would be turning up to play at the Storm game tonight at AAMI

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to the coaches for backing him when plenty of us (myself included) thought he needed to continue his development in the VFL. With every week he has improved and looked more and more confident.

He has really started to fly for the aerial ball, as well as tackling and evading tackles with intent. Compared to his first couple of games where he looked a little timid.

Great effort to kick 3 today, in a game where we were basically dominated for 2.5-3 quarters.

Those genius recommending he be dropped feel free to apologize below , outstanding game 4 games in , he has traits for a key forward that will serve him very well , quick , strong , much better mark than I thought and a neat kicking action , put another decent forward next to him and a.midfield that does t get pantsed and he could really dominate

Those genius recommending he be dropped feel free to apologize below , outstanding game 4 games in , he has traits for a key forward that will serve him very well , quick , strong , much better mark than I thought and a neat kicking action , put another decent forward next to him and a.midfield that does t get pantsed and he could really dominate
Yep, give these guys and the kids a chance before jumping all over them.

Needs to back it up. We see what has happened with Cumbo as the perfect example not to get ahead of ourselves.

That being said, he was very good today. Hopefully he builds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back