Welcome Welcome to Richmond Mykelti Lefau

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm hoping he isn't a flash in the pan like Stack was when he bumped Viney and everyone here idolised him.

Feel like that won't be the case though.
Yeah, I think Mykelti is a very different young man than Sydney. Seems a lot more grounded.

Sydney was something of a himselfasexual for the most part.

He's going to be the perfect third tall in future. Can take a grab and can apply defensive pressure on the ground.
Why do you see him as a third tall forward. He looked like he believed that he belonged at afl level on Sunday. He might have some bad days but I think his development could accelerate from here. I wouldn’t put any limits on him.

I thoroughly enjoyed it when he monstered a couple of West Coast players lol.
I'm hoping he isn't a flash in the pan like Stack was when he bumped Viney and everyone here idolised him.

Feel like that won't be the case though.
Stack was so overrated on here

Sure, in bursts but nothing of substance hence why he isn't playing in the AFL anymore...
Stack not being on the list has nothing to do with ability
If he was playing now he would probably be one of our best players, his issues are related to the off field side of the game

Lefau seems extremely grounded and driven so completely different almost opposite in a way, Stack is all skill no professionalism and Lefau is Mostly professional but less skill at this point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just actually looked at his stats for the day against West Coast playing on McGovern and Barass for most of the day.
12 Touches 8 Marks 5 Tackles and 3.2 for a scoreline is a brilliant forwards game no matter who you are.

I also like that we are watching him discover his strength against AFL players in real time. After he brushed off Cole (i think it was) he got the confidence to do it again later in the game.

Just actually looked at his stats for the day against West Coast playing on McGovern and Barass for most of the day.
12 Touches 8 Marks 5 Tackles and 3.2 for a scoreline is a brilliant forwards game no matter who you are.

I also like that we are watching him discover his strength against AFL players in real time. After he brushed off Cole (i think it was) he got the confidence to do it again later in the game.
It is a very steep learning curve for Mykelti atm.

When he finally finds out that he belongs, and starts to really believe it himself, he could be anything.

Self belief is a massively important (and underrated) trait in AFL footballers. You just had to have watched it unfold in real time for Reid on Sunday to be convinced of that.

If an early draft pic performed like this , we’d all be creaming ourselves

It is a very steep learning curve for Mykelti atm.

When he finally finds out that he belongs, and starts to really believe it himself, he could be anything.

Self belief is a massively important (and underrated) trait in AFL footballers. You just had to have watched it unfold in real time for Reid on Sunday to be convinced of that.
It is a steep learning curve for him but by God he has one of the fundamentals down that Kosi doesn't seem to have. Lefau leads and he leads hard and with purpose. He is a massive and solid unit that if he is charging on the lead you wouldn't want to be in front of him

It is a steep learning curve for him but by God he has one of the fundamentals down that Kosi doesn't seem to have. Lefau leads and he leads hard and with purpose. He is a massive and solid unit that if he is charging on the lead you wouldn't want to be in front of him
Has anyone made an animated gif of that last lead of his that resulted in a goal? It was like everyone else was in slow motion. It’s exactly the kind of thing you want from a third forward, especially one that is 195 cm tall. Koschitske looks like a draft horse in comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back