Welcome Welcome to Richmond Mykelti Lefau

Remove this Banner Ad

He can atleast half some contests with the KPD's, the smalls likely wont half any

we are asking a tweener to play above his height, makes less sense to ask a small

Just my take and its not like any other forwards of any height are banging the door down and we can affrord lumbering types to take the spots of faster types.
He's 195cms, just plays nothing like it. He halved very few contests yesterday. Better off kicking it to grass and letting the nipsies run onto it.

Very raw, gets lost,but if he can work out what hes doing we will have a very unique player .

Huge tackler in the Townsend
Mold

Slick hands

Speed probally quickest at club

Looks a good kick

Probally the most powerful afl player going around

Can fend off like Dusty used to be able to do

He Can take a contested mark and compete 2 on 1

I like him and think he is best developed in the ones .

Who knows what his best position will be my hunch is inside mid / ruck

needs to use more aggression when hitting packs and running at guys. This is where Townsend became a scary proposition.
Yea but pretty quickly he couldn’t get near the aggot , I wish kelti was much younger as we could set and forget at VFL for 2y and you might have a player ,,,has taken brown at gws 6y to get to the level as an Irish recruit ,,,he has some good traits but it’s a steep learning curve

He's had a taste but he should go back to the VFL and work on the areas he needs to, like positioning, contested marking, second efforts, defensive accountability & consistency from quarter to quarter.

I trust my eyes and my football knowledge 100 times more than your stats

I saw it five times at least where's Saints defenders made him look very very ordinary I'm not having a go at the kid he is still learning and he is offering something I'm just saying what I saw.

your essay on statistics mean nothing when it's a one on battle with about 20 minutes to go in a tight game and the kid came up short several times.

if you can't acknowledge that fact, then it's your problem not mine.

Of course he’s coming up short on a regular basis. He has played 3 games.

Name me a highly inexperienced key forward who doesn’t get found out in multiple ways in their first handful of games. In fact, name
me any player who doesn’t get found out on a regular basis when finding their way?

Remember what Broad looked like early 2017? I thought he might be the worst player I’ve ever seen…. or Rance? Or Edwards? Or Houli?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Of course he’s coming up short on a regular basis. He has played 3 games.

Name me a highly inexperienced key forward who doesn’t get found out in multiple ways in their first handful of games. In fact, name
me any player who doesn’t get found out on a regular basis when finding their way?

Remember what Broad looked like early 2017? I thought he might be the worst player I’ve ever seen…. or Rance? Or Edwards? Or Houli?

Exactly much heralded Jed Walter’s has battled to get near it ,,,I accept he’s a kid , kelti is mature age but still we can grant him more than 3g , he’s already showed a lot of progress and besides all that I’m not convinced of next best options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a forward involved in 7 of our 15 scores on the weekend. Of course he’s not perfect and had a lot of work to do, but he’s doing OK.

Missing the point. He’s been ok considering where he has come from, but it’s hurting the team that he is playing as a second key forward. Send him to the VFL and bring in Samson

Missing the point. He’s been ok considering where he has come from, but it’s hurting the team that he is playing as a second key forward. Send him to the VFL and bring in Samson

Because Samson would be involved in 7 scores? And provide defensive pressure? And not be outmarked? Samson might get there one day, but he’s not a better option than Lefau right now. If you think he is you haven’t watched Ryan’s senior career thus far.

He's had a taste but he should go back to the VFL and work on the areas he needs to, like positioning, contested marking, second efforts, defensive accountability & consistency from quarter to quarter.
Would be my choice ideally but doubt we see him back in the vfl until Balta is back just because we don’t really have any other forward options and if we bring Ryan or Cray in I have a feeling it would be in the spot of a smaller player

Because Samson would be involved in 7 scores? And provide defensive pressure? And not be outmarked? Samson might get there one day, but he’s not a better option than Lefau right now. If you think he is you haven’t watched Ryan’s senior career thus far.

Samson needs to spend the year in the reserves playing 80% ruck, learn to shoulder that burden. He has forward craft for a ruckman but he is not forward and never will be at 207cm.

2024 is not about how many wins we have and finals are clearly out of the question so where does that leave us ?
Its all about finding out what we have on the list and development of the talent currently at the club.

We will have 5-6 players retire or traded or be delisted and we need to find out which players we need going foward
Kelti is one of the players that is fighting to keep his spot on the list so give him a good run at it to see what he has to offer

Battle and Wilkie both received coaches votes though. When 2 key defenders are in the top 5 or so players on the ground, it suggests our forwards didn’t do their job!

Plus, Ryan is the future, get games into him.

I must have missed Ryan’s last 10 senior games and praccy match form a month ago , sure he warrants a chance soon enough but I wouldn’t be dropping kelti right now,,,didn’t he play r1

Absolutely...

Lefau will be better off with a week to consolidate what he is learning in the VFL (arguably the Werribee Tigers are a better quality opposition than the Eagles anyway lol)....

Think Yze will back Kelti in though ... but we need someone that can take a pack mark and ruck Kosi is keeping his spot but he is a lead up forward Samson or Naismith should come in but for who if not Lefau?

I trust my eyes and my football knowledge 100 times more than your stats

I saw it five times at least where's Saints defenders made him look very very ordinary I'm not having a go at the kid he is still learning and he is offering something I'm just saying what I saw.

your essay on statistics mean nothing when it's a one on battle with about 20 minutes to go in a tight game and the kid came up short several times.

if you can't acknowledge that fact, then it's your problem not mine.
In the last quarter Kosi was going up the ground to try take a mark and relieve the defence. When the ball went forward Lefau was two on one and was blocked out of the contest on several occasions and made to look ordinary, as you say. On a few occasions he did manage to get to the contest and bring the ball to ground. Expecting anything more from him is probably expecting a bit to much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back