Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Lever and May took 23 marks between them ,,,, 23 of our 50 x i50s
Not all of them were intercept marks. May took a number of marks where they chipped the ball sideways to him deep inside the back line.

The younger players are by definition inexperienced.
Several times they panicked on the half forward line and kicked long to a contest, which was mopped up.
They could have handballed or kicked laterally.
We virtually have no structural forward line to speak of ATM.
In hindsight, Jack should have stayed one further year.

The younger players are by definition inexperienced.
Several times they panicked on the half forward line and kicked long to a contest, which was mopped up.
They could have handballed or kicked laterally.
We virtually have no structural forward line to speak of ATM.
In hindsight, Jack should have stayed one further year.
Jack was overcooked

Remember he inherited this list. Had to always give every player a go as everyone was on a clean sheet of paper. End of year we're he makes the hard calls unfair to judge him now. A few players I thought we're gone look rejuvenated Miller , Rioli etc that's good coaching.
Yes he did. I liked his presser following the game. Optimistic but realistic

that's debatable. His starting point was a bizarre follow on from Mini. Add in Gibcus, Campbell who played well until injured

Mansell, Graham walking into the 22.

Not Yze's fault that we have Kosi, Ryan, crayfish as KPFs, & Kick 5 goals last game. Lynch is so dodgy, getting 5 game a year out of the $millon man will be a miracle. Balta's got L plates on up fwd

too injured and still the reliance on the flag heroes. Prestia selection off the short break. FMD that was unforgivable. Lynch borderline on the coach too.

I hope we dont rush any player back.

17th on the ladder. 1/4 of the season in. The list is old and playing like it. Just got enough 2021 kids developing well probably gunna have a solid clear out of players which will be replaced by kids which will take a range of years to develop.

New coach, new list manager. I Hope for the best. but I am going to flip when we resign Kmac, Grimes, Prestia, Graham late in the season.
If we had close to 100% availability it would be sound , we don’t , our senior line up at about 70% so we’re battling , Naismith was our only asset to thwart May and levers 23 marks , prob only mistake we made was playing him, would have Ryan performed better , arguable , a material difference, possibly , unlikely . All things considered he’s going well , young players are making strides , that’s about only measure we can use right now

Remember he inherited this list. Had to always give every player a go as everyone was on a clean sheet of paper. End of year we're he makes the hard calls unfair to judge him now. A few players I thought we're gone look rejuvenated Miller , Rioli etc that's good coaching.
The clean sheet of paper somehow produced at 22 that is Mini's team. 13th placed team.

3 small fwds again FMD that was 2017 game plan

tick for Brown, Campbell's form, Dow's selection, and MRJ is fit playing better as a result. TBH still not good in front of goal. and he and Mansell cost us the Blues game.

Kudos on the Swans win, and game day coaching.

The ability for Mansell, Graham and Kmac to be locks? 17th on ladder would suggest not good coaching.

the Prestia selection: not good coaching,

Kmac finally sub last round. Miller came in for injured Gibcus . playing well , Last year Balta & Young KPDs so Miller played ruck /KPF out of necessity due to Lynch injury.

Last edited:
If we had close to 100% availability it would be sound , we don’t , our senior line up at about 70% so we’re battling , Naismith was our only asset to thwart May and levers 23 marks , prob only mistake we made was playing him, would have Ryan performed better , arguable , a material difference, possibly , unlikely . All things considered he’s going well , young players are making strides , that’s about only measure we can use right now
Round zero & 1 we had full teams on the park.

Prestia, Hopps are injury prone.

IF Lynch could've got on the park his career average 15 games, we'd have a show. His recent average is 4. IF Balta & Gibcus were available. But they aren't. Balta is not great anyhow.

Crayfish, Kosi and Ryan have not played well at AFL level this year.

our KPF stocks are sadly lacking. Should've gone harder for one of the GWS KPFs

Last edited:
I wouldn't write him off just yet, the team is not settled and it would be a nightmare to deal with all the changes and new kids finding their feat.

No one that knows a modicum about footy is writing Yze off. Anyone thinking he’s not the right man for the job off a handful of games can * right off.

He has the toughest gig in footy. I’ll be keeping a very close eye on the support structures in place to help him succeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look at MFC VFL team with a dozen AFL players, including Flag winner Brown. Dropping these guys is impossible at punt road. I thought Yze would've brought selection attitude.
Sadly no
Nope he's just following advice given to him by those two other dud assistants. If he had a full list to choose from LeFau, HRS, Brown and co would all be in the two's. His coaching tenure hasn't kicked off yet until he drops Grimes with the Walrus and the Carpenter.

I look at MFC VFL team with a dozen AFL players, including Flag winner Brown. Dropping these guys is impossible at punt road. I thought Yze would've brought selection attitude.
Sadly no
He doesn't have the luxury of dropping anyone atm, we can barely put a side on the park as it is.

He doesn't have the luxury of dropping anyone atm, we can barely put a side on the park as it is.

I remember the days U19, reserves (VFL) and seniors playing every Saturday. I rate the VFL.

2017 we had a VFL team loaded up fringe players, coming back from injury, old on the way out. Griffiths, Maric, Lennon, Chol & we won it in 2019

having injured senior players return through the the VFL or play regularly in the VFL, to find form never happens now. And people lose form in sports. I know I got stale playing school b/ball and dropped a level for a few weeks and it worked for me. Should've dropped George quicker/tried to reinvent him.

maybe when we have seen out Dusty & Lynch mega contracts we may be able to have experienced types running around there.

Hunter, Schache, Ben Brown , Tomlinson, Melksham etc makes a great core of a VFL team can play AFL when required.

Kmac could easily drop a level . Let em loose off half back find some touch. Sub last week maybe a step in the right direction

Last edited:
I am an old fart, half blind, the subtleties of modern football genuinely go over me head.

1. What 'style' are we now playing.

Couldn't tell you the exact style. But contested football, with good pressure. Not that uncontested keepings off style that falls apart in finals. We've taken it up right up to some of the hard at it contested football teams, whilst missing a lot of our best 22. I reckon he plans well for certain teams too

Couldn't tell you the exact style. But contested football, with good pressure. Not that uncontested keepings off style that falls apart in finals. We've taken it up right up to some of the hard at it contested football teams, whilst missing a lot of our best 22. I reckon he plans well for certain teams too
good old finals pressure eh? RFC pressure small fwds...Mansell, MRJ & Campbell?

JG used to be the pressure king, TT has overtaken him.

Worryingly for new coach Adem Yze, it is a number in decline already for the Tigers, who had a -4 differential in pressure rating against Gold Coast in the AFL's Opening Round, then a -22 differential against Carlton in round one and a -32 rating against the Power at the MCG.

Team contested poss stats?

2023 RFC average 135/game

2024 Carlton game RFC had 142/game but average is 124/game.

Need Hopper & Tarranto?

Last edited:

Worryingly for new coach Adem Yze, it is a number in decline already for the Tigers, who had a -4 differential in pressure rating against Gold Coast in the AFL's Opening Round, then a -22 differential against Carlton in round one and a -32 rating against the Power at the MCG.

Need Hopper & Tarranto?
Bring back Jack Ross (once he is fully recovered from injury and hopefully not too early before The butcher puts him out for the season)

Last edited:
Nope he's just following advice given to him by those two other dud assistants. If he had a full list to choose from LeFau, HRS, Brown and co would all be in the two's. His coaching tenure hasn't kicked off yet until he drops Grimes with the Walrus and the Carpenter.
I do agree to a extent, but remember what's available to injuries wise. There has been a definite change last month more kids playing through.

Need Hopper & Tarranto?

We've won the contested possession count in 5 out of 7 games, the st Kilda game was only -2. GC the only game we were never really in it. Same time last year 4/7. Not bad considering all the outs/youth playing this year.

From memory pressure rating at one point in the syd game was one of the highest league wide

We'd be decent with a consistent 22 and the plan 'clicking'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back