Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree that he has been super impressive but I think the biggest test of what his philosophy is will likely come this week.
Grimes will more than likely be available. Broad will likely want to travel to WA to potentially see family, so if any of Brown, Miller and Young are dropped for Grimes then that's a big cross against Yze's name.

It's also going to be interesting to see who Baker comes in for if both Dow and McAuliffe are fit. In my opinion, one of KMac and Pickett need to dropped this week but considering both are from WA, I don't see that happening but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I'd ahhh, probably not take Pickett to WA

Want to start this by saying I’m 100% behind Ooze, but does anyone else kind of cringe a bit at all the excuses that get used every week?

Like, I get it, we have had a horror injury run and that does impact our ability to win games, but I think he maybe lays that point on a little too much than I’d like?

For the record, not saying he needs to avoid talking about the injury toll, I just think he goes on about it way more than perhaps he should, and could perhaps expand on the areas that we need to get better at.

Want to start this by saying I’m 100% behind Ooze, but does anyone else kind of cringe a bit at all the excuses that get used every week?

Like, I get it, we have had a horror injury run and that does impact our ability to win games, but I think he maybe lays that point on a little too much than I’d like?

For the record, not saying he needs to avoid talking about the injury toll, I just think he goes on about it way more than perhaps he should, and could perhaps expand on the areas that we need to get better at.
I don't think he does says it's a opportunity for the kids and doesn't make it a exuse.

Wonder if he’s enjoying the job at the moment. I hope so. He’s copping more than he could have expected but it’s great challenge and although we haven’t won much we’ve started some games full of energy.

Unfortunately we’ve only sustained it once but he seems to be motivating well. He’ll appreciate the break I’m sure.

Keeping the throne warm for Newman when we go to the draft for three more seasons and get a couple of big fish afterwards . It’s the grand plan as it was obvious after getting Hopper and Taranto we were the next Titanic .
If we had a full side we'd be in the 8. Certainly would've knocked off blues amd saints.

If we had a full side we'd be in the 8. Certainly would've knocked off blues amd saints.
No bc incompetence not learning from our mistakes from last year by not improving in S and C was always going to lead to that. The JGTI injury in the practice match was the start of it all as they were rushing guys back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get that impression at all but he's in a near unprecedented position that at round 6 he's got effectively 27 or 28 players to choose a best 23 from.

His head must be spinning but no doubt he'll start to really call the shots at the end of the year and hopefully he's allowed to bring out a mini broom to the footy department.

He strikes me as a really genuine, sincere caring coach and noting where we are and where we have to get to, I think he's one of the best for the job. He has class. Compare Yze to the likes of Clarko, I wouldn't want clarko anywhere near a developing list.

Newman ain’t Senior Coach material IMO
Neither was Dimma, but you surround him with the right assistants, FD and players then bingo.
Dimma had only the cattle and the rest were just cowboys . We build a list now collecting quality draft picks add Newey with a new team , upgrade Louie the fly department and we’ll be flying. Need to trade some of our pretender senior players off in the process like Short and Broad. Need to be ruthless.

Last edited:
Yze replaced our 2017 premiership photo with our wooden spoon ones. lol. What moron would remove any positive photos of a club after our three decades of drought? Wouldn’t you want to use it as a positive to motivate the boys? Then he continues to play three of those guys on a regular basis that were in the photo who aren’t up to it ? Meh.

Really feel for the guy, he's on a hiding to nothing atm with our injury toll. Post bye we have about 26/27 to choose from if anyone saw the VFL yesterday there's not much there that he'd even consider if we had a healthy list. We have just hit the tipping point at this stage.

Rioli jnr laughing at the two misses in the first quarter was funny imagine what the rest of the world is doing. We are a joke once again. If Baker and Bolton don't move on I feel sorry for them, as going nowhere might as well cash in for their future. trouble is whatever we get for them do you trust the dribble recruiters to find young gems? This has been coming for a while and just like the fitness team lessons have not been learned.

Really feel for the guy, he's on a hiding to nothing atm with our injury toll. Post bye we have about 26/27 to choose from if anyone saw the VFL yesterday there's not much there that he'd even consider if we had a healthy list. We have just hit the tipping point at this stage.
Agree. It's his first senior coaching job and has been placed in a difficult situation with all the injuries. Nothing is going his way. Though, prior to the injuries the team showed some postive signs against Sydney. It's impossible to replace guys like Balta and Lynch.

Plus he inherited a list that lack youth development. Even if hardwick was our coach, he would've struggled with our current list and injuries.

Feel sorry for the guy, with all these injuries he hasn't even had a chance to show what he can do.

What an opportunity, it’s a privilege to work through the hard times and the good.

These tough periods make the success when it comes so much sweeter I reckon.. 2017 for example..

I feel sorry for the bondi victims not a head coach of an AFL team in his first year with a big injury list

What an opportunity, it’s a privilege to work through the hard times and the good.

These tough periods make the success when it comes so much sweeter I reckon.. 2017 for example..

I feel sorry for the bondi victims not a head coach of an AFL team in his first year with a big injury list
careful getting off your high horse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back