Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Esava Ratugolea, Finally

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that he talked about, as an opposition player in the past, NTUA got them pumped up for the start of the game as well. Not the first time I've heard it said.

Not that I think we should stop doing it.
When you get people swinging from side to side, like it's a Seniors cruise sing-a-long, rather than a visceral channeling of aggression by the fans at the opposition, it's hardly surprising. Stand still you clowns! (I'm assuming there's still the swayers, since I haven't been to a game for over 2 seasons now, with my Hinkley or me Membership stand off).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he continued to get better in the game. Got a couple of contested marks late in the game.

A good first up game.

Yup, he's a big boy, so hopefully we no longer get bashed by the big forwards regularly.

Feeling so much more comfortable with our defense now - and confident that they'll gel together over the season.

He was very good on Hawkins. To go step for step with him on the lead and stop him from taking those big marks where he out-positions defenders (occasional helping push in the back) was good to see, just like a proper full back.

It is a fearsome sight when Sav picks up the ground ball and goes the charge.

He was very good on Hawkins. To go step for step with him on the lead and stop him from taking those big marks where he out-positions defenders (occasional helping push in the back) was good to see, just like a proper full back.

It is a fearsome sight when Sav picks up the ground ball and goes the charge.

I said at the ground last night that he would have had plenty of practice playing on Hawkins at training over the years, and it was showing.

Wrote in the BZT thread in reply to an Essendon poster's question about how he is going, that if we didnt have the Rat this year, BZT would still be playing on the gorilla KPFs like last year and would still beat him up, including Hawkins on Friday night.

Apart from a poor game against Collingwood - were the whole side was hopeless after about the 7 minutes into the 2nd quarter - he has contributed positevely in every game he has played, as has BZT who now gets to play on the 2nd or 3rd KPF.

McKenzie has a decent record against Hawkins, it's Clurey that regularly got killed by him.
Sorry I have to come to Tom C’s defence. In June 2019 he kept Hawkins markless and goalless in our defeat of Geelong at the AO. I think it was a low scoring scrap.
Importantly in May of 2021 he copped his broken jaw against the WB’s and has never been the same reliable defender since. Up until that injury he was our best defender.
However I’ve never understood the love for McKenzie as a defender but that’s me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back