Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Jordon Sweet

Remove this Banner Ad

You're not actively targetting and trading in mid ager guys for second rounders and then giving them a 1 year contract, surely.
Yeah that can't be right. Soldo had 1 year left on his existing, we would've surely lured him with a 3-4 at least. BZT I could slightly understand, but doubt it.

I can't see where the club has announced the contract terms for Soldo or BZT, so maybe the footywire website just goes with the minimum until it's known.

How freaking tall is Sweet? He dwarfs Tredrea and he's a big guy.

Or did they just not let Warren up on the stage?

How freaking tall is Sweet? He dwarfs Tredrea and he's a big guy.

Or did they just not let Warren up on the stage?

Now that's a haircut you can set your watch to!

1708053299284.png
BNSIX8B.png

Sweet unfortunately isn't a great mark. If he was, we could go through him in the corridor, which us and most other sides seem to have done a lot of in the preseason games.

I am not sure where Jordan will fit into our side. Unless of course someone his told Hinkley you allowed to play two genuine ruckmen as some sides do.
He could depending on the oppo, it would mean dropping a tall forward.

Hinkley has never worked a two ruck setup well, one usually drops off a cliff in form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only Kind Kenny could go from land of the hobbits to land of the dinosaurs.

I'd also love to know why the club spent the last however many years shitting on Sam Hayes but has apparently suddenly fallen in love with 'Sam Hayes but not as good a tap ruck' instead. I can understand Soldo, but Sweet doesn't do anything that Hayes couldn't do.

I'd also love to know why the club spent the last however many years shitting on Sam Hayes but has apparently suddenly fallen in love with 'Sam Hayes but not as good a tap ruck' instead. I can understand Soldo, but Sweet doesn't do anything that Hayes couldn't do.
The main reason is because Kenny might actually play Sweet.

Hayes was pointless because no matter how good he got, our coaches had a vested interest in him failing; the games he got where we won and he dominated in the ruck made our coaching group look incredibly stupid.

Sweet has none of that baggage. And he sure as hell beats us putting in Finlayson/Lycett in to that position.

Go a month off the darts?

I reckon they're going to pick them both round 1 and go with just Dixon and Marshall as the tall forwards
Agreed, from what I have seen in the trial matches they will have more chance of being effective working in tandem than just Soldo going it alone, and I suspect there may not be a real lot of difference between the two talent wise anyway, with Ivan probably better at the bullocking type stuff and Sweet the better tap ruckman.

The only thing I'm seeing that Sweet has that's better is his movement, he's far more agile looking. But totally agree. He better absolutely dominate the SANFL this year.

Last edited:
Issue is we need a ruck that can own the ruck.

Soldo and Sweet as individuals can not.

We need to lose a third tall forward to cover our ruck position.

Our 3rd tall forward doesn’t do enough as a forward to justify playing them as a part time ruckman.

May as well play Sweet and Soldo.

In a month it will be Dante and Soldo.

Next year it’s Dante.

Issue is we need a ruck that can own the ruck.

Soldo and Sweet as individuals can not.

We need to lose a third tall forward to cover our ruck position.

Our 3rd tall forward doesn’t do enough as a forward to justify playing them as a part time ruckman.

May as well play Sweet and Soldo.

In a month it will be Dante and Soldo.

Next year it’s Dante.
Soldo solo is what will happen we all know it.

We use to play Lycett and Ladhams regularly until the Lad was traded to Sydney.

If the coaching staff doesn't play both Soldo and Sweet, then Dixon has to be an instant in for back up ruck duties along with the tall forward stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back