Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Remove this Banner Ad

nah no shoulder dislocation, if he did do something it would likely be collabrone damage (AC- joint), i wouldnt worry about it as port havent said he is hurt.
heck he's done for the season then

This bloke impresses me so much. Always manages to impact in 1-on-1 contests. Is a bit of a different type to our intercepting defenders who can’t influence 1 on 1 that our coaching panel have been obsessed with since the Monty days.
Massive fan and I reckon this trade will be one of those rare ones where both teams benefit. Exceeded all my expectations of him so far!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great important one on one mark near the end of game on the outer wing. Didn't push back hard enough, is a bit flustered and doesn't know what to do next, ie who to kick it to, then umpire calls play on, and because he is close to man on mark who has now run over the mark, he panic miss kicks it out on the full.

Meyers gets the free, drives it forward and results in the Butters holding the ball call, umpire blowing time on but play continues and Cameron snaps goal but its brought back. And Geelong crowd go mental.

About 2.20 was left on the clock when the umpire called play on for BZT to take his kick.

I am a big fan of him, and he has improved our defence, but this is just another example of dumb s**t we do with 2 or 3 minutes left in a quarter and we turn the ball over and/or give away unnecessary frees to the oppo.

We and BZT like every other player has to be better in those critical dying minutes and not put ourselves under unnecessary pressure. It was an U/10s error. You gotta cut that basic errors out if you want to go anywhere.

Great important one on one mark near the end of game on the outer wing. Didn't push back hard enough, is a bit flustered and doesn't know what to do next, ie who to kick it to, then umpire calls play on, and because he is close to man on mark who has now run over the mark, he panic miss kicks it out on the full.

Meyers gets the free, drives it forward and results in the Butters holding the ball call, umpire blowing time on but play continues and Cameron snaps goal but its brought back. And Geelong crowd go mental.

About 2.20 was left on the clock when the umpire called play on for BZT to take his kick.

I am a big fan of him, and he has improved our defence, but this is just another example of dumb s**t we do with 2 or 3 minutes left in a quarter and we turn the ball over and/or give away unnecessary frees to the oppo.

We and BZT like every other player has to be better in those critical dying minutes and not put ourselves under unnecessary pressure. It was an U/10s error. You gotta cut that basic errors out if you want to go anywhere.
Don't worry I am sure Ken will be drilling them hard on end game tactics during the week rather than over celebrating a minor round escape

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Curious to know your thoughts on zerk, I said during trade week that he would be a great pick up for you guys and coped a bit of stick for it from both port and Essendon fans
If we didn't pick up Ratugolea, the flack might have continued. Not having to play on the biggest gorilla for 100% of the game, week in week out, means he can concentrate more on being a good defender on the 2nd or 3rd best oppo KPF.

In some games this year he has spent a bit of time on the biggest gorilla, when Ratugolea or Aliir have gone off, or switching match ups, but he is strong enough and good enough to match it with the next level down KPFs.

Last night he would probably have been beaten up by Hawkins, just isn't big enough or him, the Rat got him and did a great job, which freed up the Zerk to take Cameron and others and was an excellent contributor.

His defending is very good, bordering on elite on occasion. But he shits himself whenever he's got the footy.

If there was a way to combine his defensive prowess with McKenzie's composure and foot skills, there's an impeccable footballer to be had.

He’s rock solid, his turning circle is a bit suss though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His defending is very good, bordering on elite on occasion. But he shits himself whenever he's got the footy.

If there was a way to combine his defensive prowess with McKenzie's composure and foot skills, there's an impeccable footballer to be had.

That OOF after a terrific intercept mark late in the game sums up what you're saying. Just panicked when he was told to play on.

That OOF after a terrific intercept mark late in the game sums up what you're saying. Just panicked when he was told to play on.
Thats classic Port under Hinkley shitting the bed in a close game though. Our best players turn to absolute muppets with ball in hand because it's a bit scary, so hard to judge him on that moment.

Thats classic Port under Hinkley shitting the bed in a close game though. Our best players turn to absolute muppets with ball in hand because it's a bit scary, so hard to judge him on that moment.

Not judging him, just saying that was the perfect example of what Chewy was saying. BZT has been a very good recruit, really added to our defence.

He was last years defender Coleman medallist.
This year massive improvement
Very happy he is here with us

His stuff up against geebung after that great mark aside BZT has at this stage been arguably the most consistent of the 3 off season recruits, and his improvement from last years reverse Coleman has to have a lot to do with getting the right match ups as opposed to picking up oppo gorillas where he was regularly giving away both height and weight.

He is a massive upgrade on Tom Jonas who couldn't be positively matched up on anyone in the latter part of his career, and I will leave the last word on him to old mate Kingy, who in response to another commentator's suggestion that TJ had played 2 years too long said it was more like 3!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back