Toast Welcome to Freo Michael Frederick – Fremantle’s 4th 2019 National Draft Pick [Pick #61]

Remove this Banner Ad

We drafted him as a mature age. They could've picked him up the year or two before as part of their nga
Yeah but anyone could have a year before, he started showing something at Sanfl level the year that we picked him, in which case we traded ahead of Port

I still remember that crows game last season when Freo won 12.12.84 to 11.6.72.

Only got 12 disposals. But he always caused havoc on a wing or forward flank with his pace.

Kicked 1 goal and 2 behinds that day and could of easily got 3 goals from those chances too.

You can call him a rotational player or role player like we had in those Rossy Lyon era when we had nic Suban, Clancee Pearce and Matt Deboer, but he has more talent and pace than any of those 3
I'm just curious, is there a game that you DON'T remember...?! :think::p

I'm just curious, is there a game that you DON'T remember...?! :think::p
Some people have good memories.

I reckon i remember nearly every Freo game since 2012 except when I was in Europe in 2019 for the last 5 or 6 weeks of the season so couldn't watch it and was just following the scores. I actually misread the starting times and by the time I wanted to check the score a couple of those matches were finished.

I got off the plane at Singapore airport after my 1st leg on my way home to notifications on breaking news that Ross Lyon was sacked.

I was walking around Singapore airport shocked for 2 hours I didn't realise it got so dire so quickly in the 5 weeks I was away.

Freddy has shown some good versatility over the past two weeks by playing a different role in the absence of Switta.

The deep forward role he was mostly playing in the first 10 weeks is structurally important because it stretches the defence vertically to help make space for the other forwards. As someone said earlier, it’s a low possession role and the numbers usually won’t be high.

And then he caused the defence problems against Melbourne and Brisbane higher on the flank through getting involved in transitions earlier.

His accurate kicking at goal is also helping to set an improved standard.

Well done to him. He well and truly belongs at this level and hopefully his confidence only grows from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not mad at Freddy for being human, but more 'slightly annoyed' for him not being smart. Pick and choose your moments.

This wasn't the one. He's been in ripping form and his pace is so much of a weapon right now; I hope this is the one & only indiscretion against his name from here on in - he's too important to not feature if it can be helped. Give him a clip, tell 'em "silly lad", then let it be and get him primed for the Carlton match. He'll be feeling like he's got egg on his face anyway.........

Why can't he have a beer in a 6 day turn around? Did he get absolutely wasted?

I've done worse as a 22yr old. Weird timing
These days they are elite athletes on huge coin, standards should be high even for the smallest things.

These days they are elite athletes on huge coin, standards should be high even for the smallest things.

Yep - even the guys on comparatively low pay are in the top 1% of earners. Not hard to wait until the bye. Not exactly difficult to go a season off the drink if needed.

I hope he grows from it and brings back his building confidence and crushes the remainder of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back