Welcome Welcome Corey Wagner!!!! Pick 57 in the 2022 National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird to trade Acres at 26 to draft this guy. Guess it's good to save on salary cap. Can see him being a trainer of the pre season type (what do we call it around here.. TOTY?). Him and Worner will be good mix for the wing

Highlights real show agility, risk taking and the linebreaking ability of a Switta type - but in the backline. My only concern is if this will transfer well from VFL to AFL, where your opposition will be faster and stronger.

My brother is a North fan and can’t understand why we drafted him. Says he’s no good. Hopefully that was then and this is now 🤞

Weird to trade Acres at 26 to draft this guy. Guess it's good to save on salary cap. Can see him being a trainer of the pre season type (what do we call it around here.. TOTY?). Him and Worner will be good mix for the wing
It's not weird, Acres was not worth the price he was asking. We stood our ground. One thing is for sure, Corey won't back down in wet games!

These are the things you have to do to keep stars at your club.

Highlights real show agility, risk taking and the linebreaking ability of a Switta type - but in the backline. My only concern is if this will transfer well from VFL to AFL, where your opposition will be faster and stronger.

It hasn't for him in the past, not consistently anyway. He was available at the end of the draft for a reason but it's good to have quality depth. That's the sign of a healthy list. The club rates him higher than the blokes we delisted.

The role of wing at AFL is rubbish, so much running and almost all of it is unrewarded. It really needs to be filled with a mature player. You can look at the times the Pies players ran in the 2km time trial with just the first to fourth years, none of them broke six and a half minutes. When the 5th plus years come back they will have players who can.

Same will be the case with Freo, it takes a while to build the tank.

Offer that rubbish wing role to any player outside the AFL and they will take it with both hands to play at the top level. I believe this is exactly what has happened here.

We have a runner ready to go.

We could play smaller in the backline. We looked quite aggressive moving the ball with Clark, Wilson, Walker playing together. Before Chapman returned from injury.

Walker hopefully improves but late season form was average. Wilson is getting on, I think it’s a great selection.

The role of wing at AFL is rubbish, so much running and almost all of it is unrewarded. It really needs to be filled with a mature player. You can look at the times the Pies players ran in the 2km time trial with just the first to fourth years, none of them broke six and a half minutes. When the 5th plus years come back they will have players who can.

Same will be the case with Freo, it takes a while to build the tank.

Offer that rubbish wing role to any player outside the AFL and they will take it with both hands to play at the top level. I believe this is exactly what has happened here.

We have a runner ready to go.

Says a lot about how good NOD is going to be then. He'll get to Peter Matera level based on your assessment - good times ahead!

Says a lot about how good NOD is going to be then. He'll get to Peter Matera level based on your assessment - good times ahead!

There's a good reason I was wetting my pants over him not extending until later this season and other clubs supporters were floating in to raise his name in trade talks.

We could play smaller in the backline. We looked quite aggressive moving the ball with Clark, Wilson, Walker playing together. Before Chapman returned from injury.

Walker hopefully improves but late season form was average. Wilson is getting on, I think it’s a great selection.
I don't think we have recruited him as a defender, we have recruited him as a small forward. Watch to the end of the video if you haven't already, plays the Switta/Schutz role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not many who've been delisted twice then go on to make a go of it but Walls has so many runs on the board at this point I'm totally comfortable backing him and his team in over the people being critical of the pick. Not likely to be good is very, very different from unable to be good.

That's a big gun show, and Freo just bought two tickets.

We're looking to contend from now and just lost/pushed Acre$ so seems like a good risk over an 18yo rookie that will likely never make it.

My brother is a North fan and can’t understand why we drafted him. Says he’s no good. Hopefully that was then and this is now 🤞
Put a line through him then. Never known an BF poster's brother to be wrong any anything, let alone footy.
A Menegola like resurrection on the cards here.
Pretty sure thats MeneNgola. Heard it on the tele.

I don't think we have recruited him as a defender, we have recruited him as a small forward. Watch to the end of the video if you haven't already, plays the Switta/Schutz role.

Interesting. I hadn't considered that and maybe that is the plan. My small concern was that his form at Port came only after he got shifted back and I thought we had enough bodies of that type already. I hadn't considered forward. Will be interesting to see if that is what happens.

Article includes an SEN interview from this morning:

There are many Brett Bewley types in footy. Consistant, hard running, extremely fit players who just don't have enough weapons in their arsenal. I am hoping Wagner does not fall into that category.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back