List Mgmt. Welcome Ryan Maric (Pick 1, 2023 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

I always picture Ash Hansen leading up the ground marking outside 50 rather than traditional CHF kicking bags.

He was a very important link and we looked better with him in the side

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

He certainly helped our structure but he was only a serviceable player. Nothing more.

A lot of people seem to reaaaallly fondly remember and rate Ash Hansen. In any other team that didn't win a premiership he would've been forgotten about real quick.

He certainly helped our structure but he was only a serviceable player. Nothing more.

The win % when Ash was available and when he wasn't (which was too often given his injuries), were night and day. Through the period 2005 - 07 his record when playing was 40-8 a 83% winning percentage, whereas we were 14-13 without him a 51% winning percentage. He was a very important player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The win % when Ash was available and when he wasn't (which was too often given his injuries), were night and day. Through the period 2005 - 07 his record when playing was 40-8 a 83% winning percentage, whereas we were 14-13 without him a 51% winning percentage. He was a very important player.
thats what i remember about him. He was a super mark and a good kick into the 50 too. Poor bastard only played....checks.... 78 games! should have been a 200+ player

Didn't Ash have bugger knees or comically short hamstrings or something? Always looked like a marionette out there but he certainly got the job done. Seems very well regarded in the coaching space now too iirc.
Ran into him one day at bunnings - we were cramped up in a queue and I turned around and this monster ranga was 2” from me.

I’m 6’2 and 105 kg and he made me look like Sarah Connor next to arnie. Big big lad.

Hansen was an ordinary AFL CHF but invaluable to WC in 05/06. Almost the MVP
Once he lost silver service he was all at sea, he was a leading forward not a pack marker and when you go from judd / Kerr / cousins delivering it to Kerr (tagged) priddis / first year players he had no place in the team.

He had one really excellent ability which was to lead at the exact right time and be able to get space.

Ran into him one day at bunnings - we were cramped up in a queue and I turned around and this monster ranga was 2” from me.

I’m 6’2 and 105 kg and he made me look like Sarah Connor next to arnie. Big big lad.
I bumped into him after the 06 GF in Leederville.
Lining up to get into the club there and he was behind us.
I said mate what are you lining up for your a bloody premiership player you could just walk in.
He said nah mate, not fair I'll line up like everyone else.
That put him into Legend status in my books.

Once he lost silver service he was all at sea, he was a leading forward not a pack marker and when you go from judd / Kerr / cousins delivering it to Kerr (tagged) priddis / first year players he had no place in the team.

He had one really excellent ability which was to lead at the exact right time and be able to get space.
I could be wrong, but from memory, isn't Hansen one of the very players we've let go when we could have re-contracted him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back