List Mgmt. Welcome Ryan Maric (Pick 1, 2023 MSD)

Absolutely love this guy. His skills are slik, he can clunk some huge marks on the lead, and now he has shown us that he can kick huge goals from outside 50 straight through the middle. That goal last night at 3qtr time, and the celebration with the whole team, was making wish i had a popcorn machine at home.

Maric played with an intensity, a work rate and a physicality I hadn't seen from him before. He was in everything.

I reckon he got a bit of a talking too after some of the more pedestrian efforts early in the season. And massive credit to him for adjusting at his age and with a teenagers body.

We have a player here.

He's currently my favourite player. I know everyone is talking about Harley. But I love the story about a kid that weighed 107kg, turning his life around and getting a shot at playing AFL. It's crazy to think that's he's had one pre-season under his belt, and been a professional footballer for less than a full year.

What was the knock on him pre national draft?

Apparently he was quite overweight after a long term injury.

Peter Sumich called him a fatty fatty fat fat.

I think he had back problems and basically didn't play most of his draft year. his bodyweight was a bit of a rollercoaster over the space of 12 mths. was fighting fit, then got injured and put on like 25 kegs, then got onto some training program with his brother and lost it all, all in time for us to pick him up #1 in the MSD.
I've heard range anywhere from 7-15 as to where he would have gone if he was in the normal draft

he reminded me a little of Ash Hansen running around on Saturday night

I think he had back problems and basically didn't play most of his draft year. his bodyweight was a bit of a rollercoaster over the space of 12 mths. was fighting fit, then got injured and put on like 25 kegs, then got onto some training program with his brother and lost it all, all in time for us to pick him up #1 in the MSD.
I've heard range anywhere from 7-15 as to where he would have gone if he was in the normal draft

More like 20-30 if he continued on with the early season form.

Ash Hanson except heaps faster with MUCH more agility.

Would love for him to be able to put a bit more size on. Comes across as one of those that may not be able to
He's 6'5" and doesn't turn 20 until our around our first final. Plenty of time to add bulk.

More than happy for them to build resilience and maintain his athleticism as he develops.

Back