List Mgmt. Welcome Reuben Ginbey (Pick 9, 2022 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs to bury opponents, don't care if it comes with the odd suspension. Needs his opponents to second guess themselves.

Some very promising signs from him today. Used his run a bit more than usual.
Despite only 12 touches I think his development is moving in the right direction.
umm no his disposal by foot was very poor and he only got into the game in the last 10 minutes

he needs to get the ball more and when he does get it use some footy smarts

Really worried about his development atm

Sheezel will win a Brownlow before:
  • Hewett plays 50 games
  • Ginbey has a 30 disposal game

Just getting my melt out of the way because I wasn’t able to watch the game today and couldn’t melt sooner

Reuben has gone under the radar a bit this season but has had a great block of games.

He has been developing his outside game nicely and is involved in a lot more link up play. I have also been pleasantly surprised with his contested marking which is making him a viable option for defenders kicking out of the d50.

According to wheeloratings.com he is the fourth rated player in his year group and is:
  1. 1st for contested possessions
  2. 1st for tackles
  3. 1st for groundball gets
  4. 2nd for clearances
  5. 3rd for overall disposals

Reuben has gone under the radar a bit this season but has had a great block of games.

He has been developing his outside game nicely and is involved in a lot more link up play. I have also been pleasantly surprised with his contested marking which is making him a viable option for defenders kicking out of the d50.

According to wheeloratings.com he is the fourth rated player in his year group and is:
  1. 1st for contested possessions
  2. 1st for tackles
  3. 1st for groundball gets
  4. 2nd for clearances
  5. 3rd for overall disposals
If we didn't have harley we probably would all be using inneuendo to describe our delight in his performance against freo.

His field kicking was pretty good on the weekend, seemed to have improved.

The problem with his kicking will likely always remain. He can have some amazing darts but also has an action where he can get under the ball regularly making it quite inconsistent. He's had a better start to the season than I expected. In saying that he is always working to be better so I shouldn't be surprised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with his kicking will likely always remain. He can have some amazing darts but also has an action where he can get under the ball regularly making it quite inconsistent. He's had a better start to the season than I expected. In saying that he is always working to be better so I shouldn't be surprised.

Your problem with his kicking will likely always remain is more like it

I have noticed his unique kicking action more lately.

Sometimes he sort of chips at the ball with his foot like he doing a golf shot. It works more often than not, but it is definitely unique and does lead to the odd clanger.

In your endo
Key And Peele Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

What would I know, only been watching him play footy since he was 14.

I can watch his kicking now, in 2024, in high definition, from every angle possible, and it’s pretty decent. Dean Cox couldn’t run when he arrived. You’ve overblown his perceived kicking deficiencies from the start, it hasn’t looked a major problem at least since the time he landed with us imo

The last couple of games I did notice Ginbey shocking kicking. I mean it was very apparent. We aren't talking about regular pressure kicing we are talking about kicking stationary after he marked the ball

The alarming thing is he realised it himself and starting handballing instead of kicking.

As for last game I didn't look at it closely.

What would I know, only been watching him play footy since he was 14.
I like that you mention that 'The Boy' is always looking to be better and improve. Works hard. As you say you've been watching him since he was 14 so you would know. His kicking style is a little different but still I love watching him play each week- just as much as that fat smiley kid that Suma goes off about! 🤣🙊

The last couple of games I did notice Ginbey shocking kicking. I mean it was very apparent. We aren't talking about regular pressure kicing we are talking about kicking stationary after he marked the ball

The alarming thing is he realised it himself and starting handballing instead of kicking.

No you didn’t, check out the Richmond game. Few clearance kicks around the corner from congestion, sure. He also gets a free kick and nails a leading JWill for his only goal of the game from one of the rare stationary kicking opportunities he has in that game;

He will probably have an odd kicking action for the rest of his career. His goal should be to reduce the percentage of his miskicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back