Victorian Covid Outbreak 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

. Sweden was a focal point in particular as 'experts' warned they would reach 100,000 deaths this same time last year.
They now have 15,070 citizens who have passed away to this point in time.
Sweden abandoned their approach because it wasn't working though, didn't they?
They reverted to Lockdowns and restrictions.

Meanwhile our suicide rates are rising

Are they??

This whole "new covid pill is just repurposed Ivermectin" line of discussion that popped up recently made me interested and it actually fits quite nicely with Year 12 chemical structure lessons so I dove a little deeper to have a look at the molecular structure of the 3 chemicals:

Ivermectin (Merck):
Ivermectin.png

Molnupiravir (Merck) & Paxlovid (Pfizer):
1636597219494.png

There's not a lot of similarity from an organic chemistry perspective. Also interesting that Merck, who make Ivermectin, are bothering to spend what is surely a significant amount of money in R&D to try and make a new covid treatment in molnupiravir considering they apparently already have a viable one.

Last edited:

Your a lost cause.
Like most on here, no matter what happens, your set in your ways and won't even take a step back to objectively think on your own. It is all about vaccination or GTFO.
He is also a rabid Dan Andrews apologist, which is more sickening than most anything else I can think of.

Your a lost cause.
Like most on here, no matter what happens, your set in your ways and won't even take a step back to objectively think on your own. It is all about vaccination or GTFO.
He is also a rabid Dan Andrews apologist, which is more sickening than most anything else I can think of.

Amazing commentary here.

I'm a lost cause, won't tHiNk On My OwN and am a RABID Dan Andrew aPoLoGiSt.

Apparently, asking people to apply any form of logic or common sense to their thought processes is the wrong thing to do.

Much better to act emotionally and without fact.

Amazing commentary here.

I'm a lost cause, won't tHiNk On My OwN and am a RABID Dan Andrew aPoLoGiSt.

Apparently, asking people to apply any form of logic or common sense to their thought processes is the wrong thing to do.

Much better to act emotionally and without fact.
Or...just follow hundreds of pages littered with your knob munching of All things of the decree of Dan Andrews.
Hundreds of pages dont lie.

Or...just follow hundreds of pages littered with your knob munching of All things of the decree of Dan Andrews.
Hundreds of pages dont lie.

HUNDREDS of pages now. And of knob munching.

Not of asking people to take a moment and think about things, comparing Gladys and Dan doing almost the exact same things, yet Gladys did it with the benefit of knowing they didn't work.

No that would be FAR too reasonable and logical for you.

Better to call it KNOB MUNCHING.

Since obviously reacting emotionally and without fact is the better idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does make you wonder why most countries around the globe adopted very different approaches to this pandemic. I mean if they are that brilliant and have studied this stuff for decades, surely a one system policies would fit all but guess what, they have not.
Even countries who have some of the brightest minds in the world with A+ healthcare were ridiculed early on in the pandemic for their approach. Sweden was a focal point in particular as 'experts' warned they would reach 100,000 deaths this same time last year.
They now have 15,070 citizens who have passed away to this point in time.

Australia may have done very well when it comes to deaths but those figures are increasing exponentially. We do not have herd immunity like a lot of other countries. Meanwhile our suicide rates are rising and our children are facing psychological implications to which no 'expert' can justify. Many small businesses have closed down and you have a lot of bitter and angry people in the community. Vaccines are only a small part of solution but this narrative of blaming it all on the unvaccinated is a bizarre phenomenon.
I can just see it now, 6 months time, 90% double vaccination rate. All unvaxxed ostracized and living like hermits but ICU beds are full of breakthrough cases and deaths increasing . . . . everyone will still be blaming unvaccinated despite them not being part of society for months already.
Always someone else to blame if things don't pan out as these 'experts' predicted.

Not from what I am reading.
Any links to studies which give us a good understanding of vaccinations, herd immunity or even low cost drugs such as Ivermectin, are quickly quashed.
I'm yet to see an actual published study that shows these things. I'm fully prepared to adjust my thinking if/when these studies eventuate, that's part of the joy of learning. However, I'd prefer to base my opinion on current science, not try and predict future science.

What's your opinion on the current published studies on all of these matters (note: published, not pre-prints)?

Again, you spend all day sitting behind the computer so go google for yourself.

Why would I Google things that support your point of view, when everything I've seen or read suggests your point of view is against almost every mainstream scientific and regulatory bodies recommendations?

You're the one making statements of fact, if you can't (or won't) provide evidence to support those statements, why should anyone simply accept them?

Again, just refute anything and everything.

There's plenty of posts I don't refute.

Specifically, kingswood has done an amazing job of providing highly evidenced posts on the topic, and has the relevant credentials to do so. Gruffles has also made a number of high quality contributions.

I don't simply agree with them because they're on 'my team' though, I agree with them because they're able to provide evidence that clearly supports the statements they're making.

I bet you have not even asked your very own GP about the drug? ;)

I have not, I didn't visit the GP for my vaccinations given I went to the State run hub locally. I spoke to the Nurse there, as does everyone.

I instead have a friend who's an ED Doctor at a major hospital here in Melbourne, that I did speak to, and of course, have Done My Own Research.

Again, you spend all day sitting behind the computer so go google for yourself.
lol so now its devolved from your types posting links to youtube videos, home made internet pages and discredited 'experts', into 'believe what i say, if you want a reason to believe im right then find it yourself on google'.

the desperation is obscene

I bet you have not even asked your very own GP about the drug? ;)
Do you expect a local GP to be an expert in the development and multi-phase testing and trials (on hundreds or thousands of people) of drugs currently being developed all across the globe, to combat a disease barely 2 years old?

if so, you are not paying them nearly enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back