VFL VFL Round 7 v Northern Bullants. Saturday May 11th 2:05pm @ Genis Steel Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem with the vfl team is they have no idea how to move the ball forward. Every week we get slaughtered by intercept marks in our forward half as our mids and defenders hit opposition players on the chest with no teammate nearby. We are severely lacking someone with decent footskills

Problem with the vfl team is they have no idea how to move the ball forward. Every week we get slaughtered by intercept marks in our forward half as our mids and defenders hit opposition players on the chest with no teammate nearby. We are severely lacking someone with decent footskills

7 afl listed players might have something to do with it. That’s a lot of ringins on top of the usual vfl listed players.

There were non ring-ins. They’re all on the VFL list, they train Mondays and Wednesdays.

They’re local footy heroes and that’s the problem.

Regardless of whether they fit the definition of ringins….

Most of them would not have got a game if we didn’t have so many injuries to our AFL listed players, and would have played for their suburban clubs instead.

Last edited:
Is it becoming concerning how bad our VFL side is?
No.

If DeGoey mitchell Shultz mccreery Elliott mcstay Steene Mihocek Eyre and 2-3 others I have forgotten to mention were available ,( including some vfl players like Crocker) our VFL side would be a lot stronger

Last edited:
Merri creek mud is something they would not be used to or ever train for. It’s heavy and sticky and draining on the legs.
I restumped a house in Preston once. That dirt is the devil. Tried to lure me into burning the ******* house to the ground.

The only thing that matters in the VFL is afl listed players pushing selection. Of those left today, dean was very good. Johnson improved. Ryan and Parker both decent.

The result is irrelevant.

A lot of the vfl team are playing tomorrow. Judge it on that as well

I still don’t agree with allan being the emergency. He needs as much footy as he can get

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing that matters in the VFL is afl listed players pushing selection. Of those left today, dean was very good. Johnson improved. Ryan and Parker both decent.

The result is irrelevant.

A lot of the vfl team are playing tomorrow. Judge it on that as well

I still don’t agree with allan being the emergency. He needs as much footy as he can get
who would you have picked as the emergency?

Only if you're Josh Fraser.

But the poor *er has to try to get them to play a style which falls apart if there's no pressure and blokes are in the wrong place. And there's 6 changes every week. If Dean played well and Ryan looked alright. That's a win.

Losing to Coburg, who hadn’t won a game for 2 years, now losing to the Bullants, who were 0-5, is concerning.
We had alot out of our side today, but the Bullants aren't a team stacked with AFL quality footballers.
I just think with our VFL program, we have alot of players who are just good average local club footballers.
I would like to see more ex AFL, even a player or two from the SANFL, WAFL etc in our program, who may want to apply their trade in the VFL....

Losing to Coburg, who hadn’t won a game for 2 years, now losing to the Bullants, who were 0-5, is concerning.
We had alot out of our side today, but the Bullants aren't a team stacked with AFL quality footballers.
I just think with our VFL program, we have alot of players who are just good average local club footballers.
I would like to see more ex AFL, even a player or two from the SANFL, WAFL etc in our program, who may want to apply their trade in the VFL....
They would be getting paid just as well, if not more in other comps. Plus they have jobs and other things going on. The Zvfl is renowned for promising players a chance in the big league and a lot of players have cottoned onto that. If they are good enough in the SANFL or WAFL, they'll probably get picked up anyway

They updated the stats.

Dean - 27 disposals, 14 marks
Ryan - 20 disposals, 7 marks, 4 tackles
Parker - 16 disposals, 5 marks, 3 tackles
Begg (pre-injury): 15 disposals, 3 marks, 19 hitouts, 7 clearances
Demattia - 13 disposals, 3 marks
Kreuger - 11 disposals, 1 goal, 5 tackles, 7 hitouts
Johnson - 11 disposals, 3 goals, 6 marks, 5 tackles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back