VFL VFL Round 7 v Northern Bullants. Saturday May 11th 2:05pm @ Genis Steel Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact this game is before the afl will make things difficult, as how many of the emgs do you hold over? Get 1 to play a half?

Going from what I saw yesterday, Ryan might play on the wing.
DeMattia will play midfield.

Hopefully Long is right to play, but I'm not 100% sure given he didnt finish all of last night's session. He and Crocker did a big running session before VFL training last night, Long did did a fair amount of the session. We will need him without Fin, Possibly Bytel and Ed (if things roll that way)

The fact this game is before the afl will make things difficult, as how many of the emgs do you hold over? Get 1 to play a half?

Going from what I saw yesterday, Ryan might play on the wing.
DeMattia will play midfield.

Hopefully Long is right to play, but I'm not 100% sure given he didnt finish all of last night's session. He and Crocker did a big running session before VFL training last night, Long did did a fair amount of the session. We will need him without Fin, Possibly Bytel and Ed (if things roll that way)

I’m a fan of seeing DeMattia through the midfield. He’s probably doing a job down back but seems to be struggling to get involved.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't know what number I'll be getting this weekend (apparently my number 75 is already taken) but I'll do my best to own the forward 50!

Thinking we should all be going down to support the lads this week....few of you young'ns would probably get a game as well!

Like an 8 year old, everyone is best off going to the game in footy boots in case their number comes up.

With Carmichael another on the injury list, there's just 7 AFL listed players named. It looks like Allan is being kept in reserve for Sunday's game, so that weakens the team even further. It might be good for his confidence that he is potentially quite close to senior selection, but he's not in great form, and really does need to be playing games.

When did carmy get injured? I know he hasnt been at training all week, but not mentioned on the injury report..

allan, the holdover
No, I don't know about Carmichael's situation. I don't recall there being an issue in last week's game, but it may have happened then. With Jiath as well added to the injury list it's now quite sizeable; almost doubling in size in the space of a week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NORTHERN BULLANTS V COLLINGWOOD
BSam GloverCharlie DeanJakob Ryan
HBCampbell LaneCooper MacdonaldHarry DeMattia
CWil ParkerTom WilsonConor Willis
HFHarrison KennedyJack HutchinsonYu Yu Ashwin
FNathan KruegerPatrick FarrantAsh Johnson
RAiden BeggJonathan TomasielloRyan Sparkes
INTHarry FlynnRye PennyJedd Longmire
Chad MulvogueJett Hartman
EMGBen SilvagniAngus SeiversLiam Purcell

The experienced Tom Wilson returns having not played since Round Four for the clash against his old side, while Harry Flynn will play his first game at VFL level this season.

Chad Mulvogue, Jett Hartman and Conor Willis all come back into the side as well, having played at various stages this year.

Rye Penny will retain his place having come into the team as a very late emergency last week, while Jakob Ryan – who Penny replaced – will suit up this week having experienced hamstring tightness during the warm up last Saturday.

Ryan is part of a strong defence that has the most AFL-listed experience of the three lines, with Charlie Dean, Wil Park and Harry DeMattia all lining up.

Going out of last week’s side is Tew Jiath, Josh Carmichael, Ed Allan Reef McInnes, Finlay Macrae, Jack Bytel, and Joe Richards – the last two of which are making their AFL debuts for the Club.

Jiath and Carmichaek will both miss through injury, while Allan is being held over as an emergency for the AFL side given their game is on Sunday.

The Pies will be searching for their third win of 2024 when the Josh Fraser-coached side leads guides them against his former club at Genis Street Oval on the weekend.

Wilson and forward Harrison Kennedy, like Fraser, will come up against their old side having crossed over from the Bullants of the past two seasons.

NORTHERN BULLANTS V COLLINGWOOD
BSam GloverCharlie DeanJakob Ryan
HBCampbell LaneCooper MacdonaldHarry DeMattia
CWil ParkerTom WilsonConor Willis
HFHarrison KennedyJack HutchinsonYu Yu Ashwin
FNathan KruegerPatrick FarrantAsh Johnson
RAiden BeggJonathan TomasielloRyan Sparkes
INTHarry FlynnRye PennyJedd Longmire
Chad MulvogueJett Hartman
EMGBen SilvagniAngus SeiversLiam Purcell
1715332340886.png
Even the club can't get the spelling of this bloke's last name right (much of the time), so it's not surprising that hardly anyone else does!! It's Kreuger!

I didn't know until the other day that Jett Hartman was indigenous - I knew Patrick Farrant was.

View attachment 1985019
Even the club can't get the spelling of this bloke's last name right (much of the time), so it's not surprising that hardly anyone else does!! It's Kreuger!

I didn't know until the other day that Jett Hartman was indigenous - I knew Patrick Farrant was.

Yeah I had no idea that Jett was too and I’ve chatted to him a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really like the idea of this - might promote more run and dash.
As I posted at last VFL game, I’m also keen for him to go through the middle to both get him involved and develope a harder edge to his contest

He’s trained on the wing a few times in recent weeks in match sim. DeMattia trained in the middle on wed. So we may see a bit of alternation between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it weird that I’d be more interested in Will Elliott from the Bullants than any running out for us?

After seeing his screamer from last week I’d be wanting to take a look at his mid season credentials.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is Allan 100% not going to play? Poor decision IMO. He’s struggling at vfl level and needs all the footy he can get. hold over doesn’t help him.
Strange when you think Logan Morris played in the VFL in the morning last week & seniors at night. He must have been named as an emergency for the AFL, yet still played in the morning.

Strange when you think Logan Morris played in the VFL in the morning last week & seniors at night. He must have been named as an emergency for the AFL, yet still played in the morning.
Kicked 3 goals to. Not dissing Allan, I, and I’m pretty sure many on here agree that he hasn’t been pushing selection. Just don’t think sitting out helps him in any way

Kicked 3 goals to. Not dissing Allan, I, and I’m pretty sure many on here agree that he hasn’t been pushing selection. Just don’t think sitting out helps him in any way
Even if he played half a game. There are 2 other emergencies to choose from if they were really needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back