Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don Pyke in his interview with ABC on March 9 seemed to suggest the wheels are in motion with a song change, but there's a bit to work through and it's unlikely that they'll be ready to swap it out before round 1. He was pretty cagey on any details, there may be commercial arrangements in play?

Funny, they played both the WASO and Birds of Tokyo renditions of the Club theme today (during the Guernsey presentation and at the conclusion of the Launch respectively), but they only played the chorus for the latter. :shoutyoldman:

Funny, they played both the WASO and Birds of Tokyo renditions of the Club theme today (during the Guernsey presentation and at the conclusion of the Launch respectively), but they only played the chorus for the latter. :shoutyoldman:
Yeah I wonder if they’ll just edit the new version so that it focuses on the more familiar chorus and gets rid of the new verses

Yeah I wonder if they’ll just edit the new version so that it focuses on the more familiar chorus and gets rid of the new verses
I do agree that the chorus in the current version isn’t too bad as it has a nice big build up with added trumpets, but I can’t get used to “we’rethebigbirds,kingsofthebiggame” rather than “we’re the big birds; kings of the big game”.

Though I think it could work if they modify the song to lean into the chorus instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over It No GIF by YoungerTV

Why not? Are there contracts/agreements in place that the song is in place for X number of years or something?

The club knows we want it changed. They know a vast majority will accept a reversion back to the 2018 one (for now). So what gives?

Why not? Are there contracts/agreements in place that the song is in place for X number of years or something?

The club knows we want it changed. They know a vast majority will accept a reversion back to the 2018 one (for now). So what gives?

Might be playing the odds the songs under contract for the next year or two apart from running out no one is going to hear it that often…

Saves money on a payout of contract.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back