Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Chuck on the chorus of The Stones' Can't Always Get what You Want opening the song and could play it after a win or loss.

If you go back to 2018 threads the song is bagged then too.

Even after the flag people were saying it brings you down coz you can't really get into it and belt it out, especially the start

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our song has always sucked. But any version is better than the one we have now so… can’t get worse? Can it?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Go back to this. Just bloody copy this version.

Who cares if we say wise men from the east, its a competition and you need rivalries.

Get stuffed

Takes me back, gets me pumped, makes me think of Jako running around the MCG holding the cup up with one hand.

Yes it was very brave having a song that was going to be hopelessly dated after ten years, but surely we can make up some new words and keep that killer intro? We're the only team to have come up with a brand new song in the *ing 80s for christs sake and we should totally own that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Takes me back, gets me pumped, makes me think of Jako running around the MCG holding the cup up with one hand.

Yes it was very brave having a song that was going to be hopelessly dated after ten years, but surely we can make up some new words and keep that killer intro? We're the only team to have come up with a brand new song in the *ing 80s for christs sake and we should totally own that
gives me goosebumps and reminds me of when I loved footy

Shared
Let me know what you all think. It would obviously need to be recorded properly, making the chorus more triumphant etc. We could get an Aussie opera singer to record the vocals.

For We Are The Eagles
(To the melody of ‘Feniculi Fenicula’.)

From Perth, the place of birth of an institution, our club is born (our club is born)
For we, stand on the shoulders of our champions, foundation formed (foundation formed)
To win, we travel all across the nation, on wings we fly (on wings we fly)
We play, to bring the flag back to our fortress, it’s rightful home (it’s rightful home)

West Coast, West Coast
Royal blue and gold
West Coast, West Coast
The premiership’s our goal
Nil to deny
We’ll show you why
We own the ground
We own the sky
For we are the mighty Eagles and we’re flying high

Don't think it would necesssrily be an opera person - just a decent singer.

I'm sure if people heard it sung they would like it.

Back