Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Burn it down and start again, get the cat empire bloke (who did 'Big big sound'). Our song has never been particulary good, it needs brass.

This is my preferred option too, but I’m sceptical this will be the outcome.

Would love some of the lines from the OG song to be incorporated into any new song.

“And we’ll give you merry-hell”

“ cause You’ll get more than just a footy game
You’ll get a west coast eagles feast”

So is anything happening with the song ,or is it all talk and media speculation and Pykes put it on the Blackburn's?

I want the original or completely start again with a completely new song.

So is anything happening with the song ,or is it all talk and media speculation and Pykes put it on the Blackburn's?

I want the original or completely start again with a completely new song.

Won't happen this season, Pyke confirmed as much to Triple M before the Derby. Said something about keeping the chorus or that's the popular bit or something, rest might be up for review.

I'd be staggered if we start 2025 season with the same song. Writing it on the wall, but it's not remotely close to the top of the pile

Pyke was on The SchoDown today…

Schofield: “There’s a lot of questions about the Club song from our audience, Pikey. So, like to know is the Club taking all fan feedback on board before making a call on what they do with the song?”

Pyke: “The song’s slightly, a little bit more, uh, there’s a bit more detail in the song to go through. I mean, I think there’s, the changes to the words of the song I think are fantastic, it’s probably just the beat and the way that it works into the chorus…”

IMG_1004.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way the chorus is sung is messed up on the current version too. The whole thing is ****ed.

Yep they have ruined the chorus with the weird timing.

I think the song is fine as a background music at a corporate event. For a rousing celebration of a win it is way off the mark. i think it's just the product of the muddled thinking that was evidently rife within the club the past few years.

Don Pyke ran in straight lines. I reckon it will get stripped back and truer to the roots of the club. Pyke saying he likes the lyrics doesn't mean the lyrics won't be changed. A lot can happen through a process and Pyke is pragmatic.

West Coast Eagles club song: CEO Don Pyke gives update on potential changes to anthem​

West Coast chief executive Don Pyke has revealed which aspects of the club song are likely to get an overhaul, but indicated a change to the anthem isn’t likely to take place this season.

The Eagles’ song has been the subject of much debate among fans since Birds of Tokyo produced a new version in 2020 that included new verses, coinciding with the start of a challenging on-field era for the club.

Having flagged the song as a potential facet to change in the early stages of his CEO tenure, Pyke said it was the musical elements rather than the words that were under the microscope as the club looks to improve the tune.

“There’s a bit more detail in the song to go through,” Pyke told the club’s website.

“The changes to the words in the song, I think, are fantastic.

“It’s probably just the beat and the way that it works into the chorus.

“So we’ll continue to have a look at that and deal with that in the coming months. Probably for next season, I think it’s going to be one of those.”

Pyke has already overseen a pre-match change that has proven popular with supporters and players, with the banner returning to replace the inflatable tunnel that had been in place for home games since West Coast’s first season at Optus Stadium in 2018.

The Eagles have brought back the banner for home matches this season.
The Eagles have brought back the banner for home matches this season. Credit: Daniel Carson/AFL Photos/AFL Photos via Getty Images
“We did the banner - that was fairly straightforward from my lens,” he said.

“It was interesting talking to some of the players... because we still had a banner for away games, they were almost going, ‘Where am I going to play a milestone game? I hope it’s away because I get to run through a banner’.”

Pyke put out a call to Eagles fans to reinvigorate a three-decade tradition on Saturday night when Essendon call on Optus Stadium, urging them to lean back into the jacket wave in the stands.

It goes back to Bombers coach Kevin Sheedy waving his jacket above his head outside the coach’s box after a narrow 1993 win between the sides, in a game where Pyke polled a Brownlow vote after a team-high 25 disposals for the Eagles.

“We’re encouraging all our members to bring along a scarf or a towel or jumper, whatever they want, and wave it around a bit to give their own back,” Pyke said.

The "more than winning" line has no place in a club anthem where winning is the goal on the football field.
Well intentioned, but all the off-field stuff doesn't need to be mentioned in a club anthem which is meant to motivate a team to win and helps fans celebrate a win.

Our fans know, it's more than winning. suggests we have a higher purpose and references compassion. It is not arrogant, self-indulgent or hedonistic.

Last edited:
This may be an unpopular opinion but I do agree with Pyke a little bit as in, I like the words to the first verse. If we could just keep that and make it dynamically powerful along with the chorus, we may have a song. There is hope. But apart from the first verse and chorus, I would chick everything else.

Although I do like the West Coast magic phrase, so we could use it in the last line of first verse and change the melody of that line to build up more into the chorus.

Born is pride, from isolation,
Our fortress built, we cross the nation,
Our colours share, the west coast sky,
Our West Coast magic... will never die!

We're the Eagles...the West Coast Eagles
And we’re here to show you why
We’re the big birds
Kings of the big game
We're the Eagles, we’re flying high

Last edited:
This may be an unpopular opinion but I do agree with Pyke a little bit as in, I like the words to the first verse. If we could just keep that and make it dynamically powerful along with the chorus, we may have a song. There is hope. But apart from the first verse and chorus, I would chick everything else.

Although I do like the West Coast magic phrase, so we could use it in the last line of first verse and change the melody of that line to build up more into the chorus.

We’re the big birds
Kings of the big game

And end with a big ol' Scotty Lycett inspired "UP THE ******* COASTERS!!!" at the end instead of the ear piercing "Woo!!!" they do in the change rooms

We’re the big birds
Kings of the big game
I don't love the verse but the tune and the chrous are the main parts anyway.

The first line is completely mangled. "Born is Pride from Isolation" sounds like some bogan with funny name choices has just had a kid.

The intent of it is s**t too, the idea that WA is isolated is pushed from an Eastern states perspective of looking at a map and only seeing Perth. There are plenty of cities near each other in WA (Perth, Mandurah, Gero, Busso, Bunbury, Albany, Kal, Broome, Karratha, Port Headland) and WA is much closer to major international cities than the East Coast (Jakarta, Singapore, Hong Kong).

How about we just go back to the 2018 version and if the players want to sing the Born is Pride slop after a win (similar to what North do with theirs) they can. Pyke claiming he likes the lyrics of the current song is making me nervous tho.

Some nuff on FB said they should just add didgeridoo to the old song and leave it at that… 😬

This decision clearly needs to be taken out of the hands of the public but I don't think we can trust the club either!

How about we just go back to the 2018 version and if the players want to sing the Born is Pride slop after a win (similar to what North do with theirs) they can. Pyke claiming he likes the lyrics of the current song is making me nervous tho.

Also what happened to that opening chant lead by 1 guy?
Probably the only good thing from the Born is Pride lyrics.

Back