Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

3 out of the last 4 games have had legitimate red card challenges. Not even a yellow for two of them.

League is a joke.

It's probably too early for detailed transfer talk, but I'd rather we keep Jesus and not spend big on someone like Gyokeres or Osimhen.

IMO Jesus can play CF and also cover the RW position too. He has played there for City in the past.

Havertz has not been too impressive playing as a midfielder and he makes the whole unit unbalanced, forcing (arguably) our two best players this season to adjust their roles in a way that doesn't get the most out of them.

Compare Rice playing this current midfield role to Havertz.

Havertz wasn't getting enough touches on the ball as a midfielder and he didn't seem to have much of a connection with Martinelli.

However as a CF he's been a revelation and is clearly enjoying playing there. So why sell a good and versatile player in Jesus, and sign an extremely expensive and more limited player in Gyokeres, when it would end up creating more issues in the balance of the team?

We could then focus our spending on the midfield given it looks like Partey will leave.

Overlapping squad depth:

CF - Havertz, Jesus, Trossard
RW - Saka, Jesus
LW - Martinelli, Trossard, ESR (?)

AM - Odegaard, Trossard, Vieira (?), ESR (?)
CM - Rice, ESR (?), Havertz, Jorginho
DM - New Signing (?), Partey (?), Rice, Jorginho

It's probably too early for detailed transfer talk, but I'd rather we keep Jesus and not spend big on someone like Gyokeres or Osimhen.

IMO Jesus can play CF and also cover the RW position too. He has played there for City in the past.

Havertz has not been too impressive playing as a midfielder and he makes the whole unit unbalanced, forcing (arguably) our two best players this season to adjust their roles in a way that doesn't get the most out of them.

Compare Rice playing this current midfield role to Havertz.

Havertz wasn't getting enough touches on the ball as a midfielder and he didn't seem to have much of a connection with Martinelli.

However as a CF he's been a revelation and is clearly enjoying playing there. So why sell a good and versatile player in Jesus, and sign an extremely expensive and more limited player in Gyokeres, when it would end up creating more issues in the balance of the team?

We could then focus our spending on the midfield given it looks like Partey will leave.

Overlapping squad depth:

CF - Havertz, Jesus, Trossard
RW - Saka, Jesus
LW - Martinelli, Trossard, ESR (?)

AM - Odegaard, Trossard, Vieira (?), ESR (?)
CM - Rice, ESR (?), Havertz, Jorginho
DM - New Signing (?), Partey (?), Rice, Jorginho

We can't rely on Havertz, Jesus and Trossard to play the CF role for the entire season. They don't score enough.

We need a +20 goal season CF, or we need another absolute world class RW/LW to make up the difference. It has to be one or the other (preferably both).

Jesus I feel would greatly benefit from a solid pre season. He mentioned he may need another procedure though. I don’t believe he will be sold unless there’s a large offer for him, in saying that though you’d question what market there currently is for him given his recurring injuries.

Selling Nketiah and Nelson is much more of a priority. And adding a world class forward who can cover across the wings, that’s what I feel the club will do.

They’ve tried to add that firepower. With Raphinha and Mudryk. Then landed with Trossard who has been a brilliant and bargain signing. The right side though is a gap that needs filling.

We can't rely on Havertz, Jesus and Trossard to play the CF role for the entire season. They don't score enough.

We need a +20 goal season CF, or we need another absolute world class RW/LW to make up the difference. It has to be one or the other (preferably both).

Isak could be that guy. A pipe dream I know.

Edit: and why can't we rely on those three? Havertz has been playing really well as a CF and, if he played this way at CF for an entire season, he would score over 20 goals.

Over the last 12 games he's scored 8 goals and laid off 5 assists, and won a (admittedly soft) penalty.

Last edited:
Isak would thrive in this system. Would take a huge fee to acquire him however the club has shown they’re willing to do so for PL proven players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn’t make for pretty reading does it :D Wow. One win in the last 16 at OT. Many of which have been against United sides that have been a shadow of their former selves.

There’s just no alternative now other than the 3 points. It’s absolutely must win.

window fuck this GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back