Umpiring moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Over The Post said:

So, the much slimmer super fit version of the formerly self-described "Big Boned" goalie will be unrecognisable to, say, pazza?

Perhaps during pre-season shadowing the five-time Premier grand final umpire, otherwise known as the "Little Master", might enhance your chances of the ultimate appointment.;):think:

Best wishes to both you and pazza.

By the bye, has the Director of Coaching position been filled yet?

No running for me...doing a 10 minute walk each way with work plus internally is helping with my fitness...sadly there's even more coffee shops near my new work than there was with the old place ooops.

Luckily goal umpire training officially starts in March!

I know the alternate venue is just a km down the road but its an extra km too far for me to start as of Monday. I'm doing my own training until joining everyone else in March.

Might have to do the same. Could involve running around cricket ovals as they play finals (particularly my club in the NWMCA!)

i N
That's what I've been doing, but went out too hard last month and hurt myself and I'm only just thinking of easing back into it. Screw getting old.

That's what I've been doing, but went out too hard last month and hurt myself and I'm only just thinking of easing back into it. Screw getting old.
I not only understand, but have empathy. As a former footballer, military veteran and latterly a VFA boundary umpire I understand how earlier injuries impact on one's body.
Take it easy old man, and when you catch up to me, you too could be a team manager: involved, loved by your playing group and out of the firing line.

Garry's funeral is at Springvale Cemetery tomorrow.

"Flounder" as many of us knew him was truly larger than life.

He achieved the B Grade Grand Final twice - 1986 and 1990.

I had the honour of umpiring the 2003 D1 reserves grand final at Central Reserve with him. Was a fun day I can assure you. Garry was a feature at event after event holding court.

His passing has hit those who truly knew him hard.

Big day yesterday.

Darcy Higgins, one of younger goalies, made his Premier debut at Brighton - brother Lachlan was elevated to the VFL/TAC list over summer.

200 games to Stuart Davie, umpiring at Collegians.

And the big one.

700 games to the one and only Balltearer - had the game at Ormond!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big day yesterday.

Darcy Higgins, one of younger goalies, made his Premier debut at Brighton - brother Lachlan was elevated to the VFL/TAC list over summer.

200 games to Stuart Davie, umpiring at Collegians.

And the big one.

700 games to the one and only Balltearer - had the game at Ormond!
S
Balltearer had a couple of very close calls !

Current club goalie at Therry Penola and veteran goalie in a number of comps Bob Seymour reached 1500 total games at Fitzroy in the Yarra juniors a couple of weeks back. It's a stunning achievement.

In his career he has umpired in the VFA, VAFA, Metro Superrules and Yarra juniors (and a few South Metro juniors as well)

Current club goalie at Therry Penola and veteran goalie in a number of comps Bob Seymour reached 1500 total games at Fitzroy in the Yarra juniors a couple of weeks back. It's a stunning achievement.

In his career he has umpired in the VFA, VAFA, Metro Superrules and Yarra juniors (and a few South Metro juniors as well)
Great man Bob

Thanks pazza

And my 200th was last week Uni Blues vs Old Scotch, bedford , didn't get the call for todays game. Plus another couple of dozen for WRFL and 400+ junior games. Who knows where I'd be if I didn't take eight years off in the middle ;)
Well done OTP great effort

Sorry no notes.

Golden Whistle - Adam Bailes
A change for the year where all disciplines have best first year and most improved - Tim Wood in the goals was one of the winners here.

Asha Hinton won the Bob Dunstan Award
Jim Marinis the Andy Carrick Award

MC Nick Quinn had a lot of fun with Guy Hexter - plenty of ribbing.

Topping the Milestone list was David Windlow with 1100 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back