Umpiring moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately, based on information I’ve been told, all is not well between the umpiring coaches. Maybe resulting in sub optimal outcomes!

Absolutely never said it changed the result , just didn't help . Too have a played outed for 3 weeks for a shoulder bump is bullshit
St Bernards boys seething over a "sling" tackle where player got 3 weeks. Have seen the vision, players head didnt hit ground, he got up and had free kick. Rule of law is if players head hits ground and arms pinned, then reportable. This shouldve been play on

I see Clayton Evans is languishing in "C". If not the best calico man in the VAFA in recent years, as shown by his "A" GF appointments, definitely in the conversation. A little heavier and a touch slower but still few better. Unless it's his call having him languishing in "C" is risible and says a lot about the rostering. On a few fronts, the coaching group just isn't reading the room.

Still so much of the roster not being filled. Boundary umps missing in many "C' games again. Affiliation fees should be adjusted if this continues.

I see Clayton Evans is languishing in "C". If not the best calico man in the VAFA in recent years, as shown by his "A" GF appointments, definitely in the conversation. A little heavier and a touch slower but still few better. Unless it's his call having him languishing in "C" is risible and says a lot about the rostering. On a few fronts, the coaching group just isn't reading the room.

Still so much of the roster not being filled. Boundary umps missing in many "C' games again. Affiliation fees should be adjusted if this continues.
ALL C games they are missing

Big milestone coming up July 23 as the oldest goal umpire on the list (well he is 86!) celebrates his 700th game in the VAFA (although the total career figure including Super-Rules, Yarra Juniors etc is well over 1200) at Therry.

Will he get his requested panel including yours truly? Anyway congratulations Bobby Seymour.

Big milestone coming up July 23 as the oldest goal umpire on the list (well he is 86!) celebrates his 700th game in the VAFA (although the total career figure including Super-Rules, Yarra Juniors etc is well over 1200) at Therry.

Will he get his requested panel including yours truly? Anyway congratulations Bobby Seymour.

Has been pushed back to July 30. The arrangements remain the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great day yesterday at Westbourne (of places) for Shane MacNamara's 300th. The old Westbourne training group gathered once more.

Next Saturday 2 more milestones. Josh Colman does game 100.

And...

Well - yours truly will do game 400.

And there's 1 more milestone yet to come after that!

Great day yesterday at Westbourne (of places) for Shane MacNamara's 300th. The old Westbourne training group gathered once more.

Next Saturday 2 more milestones. Josh Colman does game 100.

And...

Well - yours truly will do game 400.

And there's 1 more milestone yet to come after that!

D4 reserves for the milestone? 😜

Unfortunately, based on information I’ve been told, all is not well between the umpiring coaches. Maybe resulting in sub optimal outcomes!
How does that impact the umpiring even if it’s true and not just a rumour, not at all I’d say.

Sad time.

Goal umpire Pat Maebus passed away suddenly last Friday and the shock amongst the umpiring fraternity is significant.

Pat started his umpiring in the field about 40 years ago. He moved to the goals about 15 or so years back and did this year's D4 Reserves Grand Final.

No news on when the funeral will be..but I am lost for words. RIP Pat.

Sad time.

Goal umpire Pat Maebus passed away suddenly last Friday and the shock amongst the umpiring fraternity is significant.

Pat started his umpiring in the field about 40 years ago. He moved to the goals about 15 or so years back and did this year's D4 Reserves Grand Final.

No news on when the funeral will be..but I am lost for words. RIP Pat.
Integrity ++++ as a Field Umpire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back