Random Ultimate Footy 2016 Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone else in your side did, and I was carrying plenty of passengers. Since when do carnts like Sam Kerridge and Darcy Byrne-Jones get 25+ touches a game?
To be fair on Kedge he's been averaging 24 a game...DBJ was a nice surprise.

Good luck to the competition if I source a backman in the top 300 to replace Geary.

Fair to say my team has taken it to the next level so far this season with only one of my wins being a close game. Guess that's what happens when you name your team after Jack the GOAT Viney. The only team that would be hypothetically challenging me at this point would be Gawn's Soldiers but thankfully such a team doesn't exist :p

Fair to say my team has taken it to the next level so far this season with only one of my wins being a close game. Guess that's what happens when you name your team after Jack the GOAT Viney. The only team that would be hypothetically challenging me at this point would be Gawn's Soldiers but thankfully such a team doesn't exist :p
The Weidy Men gave you a fair shake :p

Think you've got the dominant team though.

The Weidy Men gave you a fair shake :p

Think you've got the dominant team though.
Yeah that was a real nailbiter. It's a long way to go yet and an injury or two could definitely still derail my whole team but overall we're purring along nicely. Lachie Hunter in the 14th round is probably the pick of the draft so far.

Last year I was very happy to steal Jack Steven in like the 11th round. This year I'm quite happy nabbing Seb Ross in the 16th.

Taking advantage of everyone else undervaluing Saints' mids is about all I am good for in a draft though. :(

Yeah that was a real nailbiter. It's a long way to go yet and an injury or two could definitely still derail my whole team but overall we're purring along nicely. Lachie Hunter in the 14th round is probably the pick of the draft so far.
Got Scully in the 14th too. I reckon Nathan Wilson by you in the 23rd was pretty good.

Got Scully in the 14th too. I reckon Nathan Wilson by you in the 23rd was pretty good.
Damn wasn't aware of how well $cully was going until i just looked at his stats, seems he's finally showing some of that 1st year form. Yeh Wilson, Sicily and Kennedy have all been very handy players drafted in rounds 20 and onwards. It really is a guessing game late, picking guys you have no idea about based on some whispers from opposition boards.

Damn wasn't aware of how well $cully was going until i just looked at his stats, seems he's finally showing some of that 1st year form. Yeh Wilson, Sicily and Kennedy have all been very handy players drafted in rounds 20 and onwards. It really is a guessing game late, picking guys you have no idea about based on some whispers from opposition boards.
In terms of UF's rankings...5 of my 7 midfielders are in the top 100 of UF's rankings. Interestingly, one of the other two is one G. Ablett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of UF's rankings...5 of my 7 midfielders are in the top 100 of UF's rankings. Interestingly, one of the other two is one G. Ablett.
Yeah rankings are funny like that. Nathan Jones is ranked 329 at the moment despite averaging 25 touches a game. Frees and goal accuracy obviously play a big role in rankings.

Last year I was very happy to steal Jack Steven in like the 11th round. This year I'm quite happy nabbing Seb Ross in the 16th.

Taking advantage of everyone else undervaluing Saints' mids is about all I am good for in a draft though. :(

Meanwhile in 2014 and 2016 i draft Jack Steven in the 2nd and 1st rounds lol. How i didn't pick him last year given 10 opportunities i have no idea. Guess i was too pissed off at him for missing most of 2014.

Goddammit, put in bids for both Wright and Lee...
Successful bid for Rance will make up for missing those two hey? Why someone would drop a top 200 defender is beyond me. Guess those Melbourne goggles are pretty dominant for some, Rance is certainly a dog but a handy UF defender.

Successful bid for Rance will make up for missing those two hey? Why someone would drop a top 200 defender is beyond me. Guess those Melbourne goggles are pretty dominant for some, Rance is certainly a dog but a handy UF defender.
Couldn't believe it when I saw him dropped. Instant upgrade on Geary

I've got Griffin (r/f), Smith (r) and Hickey (r/f)as well as Gawn.

Gawn ain't up for trade but I could part with 1 of my other rucks for the right price.

Only looking for possession mids or forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back