MMA-UFC UFC 287: Pereira vs. Adesanya 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex just needed to be patient, got over active and Izzy did what he does best with a counter.

Yep, he pulled the trigger while Izzy still had far too much in the tank

The first shot Izzy hit him with, you could see Alex go ‘oh okay, he’s fine’ and then boom he flushed him with the same shot before he could react.

Who does Alex get next? Rob will get the next opportunity, Alex needs a fight.

Wouldn't be surprised if they did the trilogy, to squeeze Alex's hype while it's still sort of here.

Izzy has beat every contender until #6, and Rob has plenty of good other matchups (Costa, Strickland, etc.)

J
The first shot Izzy hit him with, you could see Alex go ‘oh okay, he’s fine’ and then boom he flushed him with the same shot before he could react.

LHW for sure for Alex. His weight cut is insane and there's some good matchups there for him

Poatan had him but just too eager to get the knockout which left him badly exposed on the counter. Izzy with a great counter combo and if the game plan was indeed to set up a trap to lure Poatan in and hit him on the counter then fair play taking that risk but that was cold af knockout. Even in the first fight Izzy nearly got him with a very similar combo but time ran out for a finish. This beef deserves a trilogy.

Just caught up, plenty to cover but for now - **** me dead. How sweet that must feel for Izzy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people really want to see Izzy v Rob again? We're bias as Aussies but i dont think anyone is begging to see this again. That said, what else is there...

Pretty funny but also very sad he remembered to clap back at a child in the biggest moment of his career haha

Do people really want to see Izzy v Rob again? We're bias as Aussies but i dont think anyone is begging to see this again. That said, what else is there...

Pretty funny but also very sad he remembered to clap back at a child in the biggest moment of his career haha
pffft hold on to a grudge against a little kid (against an adult, fine)

I suppose in feudal Japan, if you lose face by whatever reason.....even death might come into the equation
but you'd think we've moved on from feudal Japan ages ago.

As Izzy has said himself, it's clearly petty, but they live in a very insular world and pettiness is bound to happen. And for me, hearing Poatan's son proudly talk about it in the Embedded for their last fight, as an older kid (yes I know, still a kid), I thought a harsh lesson might have been warranted.

Alright, so not much to cover really, outside the Main Event. Good to see Gastelum get a nice win, Pyfer looked good, Rosas Jr took too big a step, Font looked excellent, and as most predicted, Burns too good for Masvidal.

But this was Adesanya's night and man, that couldn't have gone any better for him. Looked to be a textbook baiting and the speed and accuracy of that combo was just out of this world. Poatan left the hands low and the chin up, not respecting the power of a still very fresh Adesanya. Amazing moment.

Kind of halts the division again a little, but it's up to the rest to work Izzy out. I imagine Khamzat may get accelerated now through.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back