RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Just 4 months after Izzy's run came to an end and he gets a third chance to get revenge on the beast that is Alex Pereira. All his haters are already running with the "he's going to become a wrestler" rubbish, but the reality is, Adesanya has out-pointed Pereira for the majority of the time the two have shared the octagon/ring. If he mixes in some wrestling to make it through the 25 without getting a taste of Pereira's ridiculous power, then I'd say that's just being sensible.

1680524124146.png
Chase Sherman vs Karl Williams (HW) are also on this card.

I'm confident Burns runs through Masvidal, which sounds like it would spell the end of Jorge's career. Font vs Yanez and Holland vs Ponz are good fights, and looking forward to seeing Rosas again.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. Pity about Li falling off card and Chiesa not keen to fight anyone else, but there's enough decent fights to keep me very keen. Wake up Sunday morning and straight into it. Main event is awesome, I'm neutral in that one, just keen on a good battle. Keen on a Masvidal win because of the entertainment that will follow.

Izzy's career is sort of ****ed if Alex wins again

Best case scenario for him if he loses is for Whittaker to beat Periera so they can have a trilogy for the title

In saying that, I think he takes the rematch

I also think Masvidal is going to give Burns a lot harder of a fight than people think, but I think Burns still wins.

I also think Masvidal is going to give Burns a lot harder of a fight than people think, but I think Burns still wins.
All depends on if Burns keeps it standing. Can easily see his lights getting shut off if he tries to trade with Masvidal.

But if he fights smart and grapples mainly it should be 30-27 with not much to worry about

All depends on if Burns keeps it standing. Can easily see his lights getting shut off if he tries to trade with Masvidal.

But if he fights smart and grapples mainly it should be 30-27 with not much to worry about
Burns is a very intelligent and coachable fighter; he tends to fight to his strengths and his opponent's weaknesses. The dude is as game as they come yet had absolutely nothing to do with Wonderboy's striking as that was the smart way to play it. Masvidal is no joke, and not a one-trick pony, but at 38 and clearly with an eye to the end, this is a nightmare matchup for him.

Izzy was winning until he got nuked. Think he will win large parts of the fight again. AP can chin him again though, really looking forward to this one. No idea who wins
Mas is a journeyman. He loses
Font a decent shot as underdog imo
Dont get the hype with that kid but might improve. Think Curtis and Holland win and not fussed about the rest of it.

I can't figure out why Pereira isn't favourite, well it means I need to back him of course. I'd favour him, see no reason not to, will be pulling for him too because Whittaker has a better chance against him (I think).

Burns surely wins against Masvidal, I don't underrate Jorge but it could be a retirement fight he seems nearly done.

Anyway I'll be down the beach, luckily the pub shows all the events (or I might drink cans in the cabin and stream if it's pissing rain ha ha)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came here to posts this.

Great result for all.
ufc 239 sport GIF by UFC

This guy agrees.

Last edited:
Gastelum hidden down on the prelims. Not sure how many fights he has left with the ufc but surely another loss and he’s probably going to need to think about fighting somewhere else

So he is, I just noticed. Could have been a title winner if he got fair dinkum about his weight, I really rated him highly. He didn’t look that good generally but he can fight, gave Adesanya all sorts of problems.

His striking seemed really sneaky, had a way of getting punches to land on really good strikers.

Gastelum hidden down on the prelims. Not sure how many fights he has left with the ufc but surely another loss and he’s probably going to need to think about fighting somewhere else
I think they might keep him around for a while. His willingness to jump in on short notice hard fights is something the UFC would love.

He should have been a very very good welterweight with a bit more dedication

Welterweight has always had better wrestlers than MW. The champs at 185 have been strikers and was always less stacked to get a shot unless youre Darren Till who hyped into one. I think KG was right to go to MW but agree his dedication was always lacking still

It is weird how he fallen away. Did so well v Izzy but then after Whittaker made him look silly he seems to have lost confidence and well out of contention.

For some reason I kinda don't give a heck about this card......

Least interested I have been in a PPV card for a while. Will still watch the mains though

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

For some reason I kinda don't give a * about this card......

Least interested I have been in a PPV card for a while. Will still watch the mains though

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

The cards don't tend to run as deep these days, I guess they can't when you have that many events. But the main and co main are always decent, this main is very compelling of course.

There are still often cracking fights on undercards though, always worth watching the whole thing if you can.

The cards don't tend to run as deep these days, I guess they can't when you have that many events. But the main and co main are always decent, this main is very compelling of course.

There are still often cracking fights on undercards though, always worth watching the whole thing if you can.
Wake up and straight into coffee and UFC. And a couple midday froths for the pointy end 👌

Masvidal being massively overlooked in here. I think he's a bad match up for Gilbert unless Kamaru cracked his chin. I think he handles Gilbert on the feet and wrestles well enough to keep the fight standing for the most part.

Izzy I think finally gets the job done against Pereira. It won't be without some hairy moments, but I think he finally manages to out point him to a decision. Hoping Alex wins though to set up a whole new string of fights for the title at 185.

Font being an underdog is a surprise to me. I think Yanez is a great prospect, but this fight is a decent sized step up for him and against a guy who can potentially match or better him in his best attribute (boxing). I feel like Font may just be able to control the distance too well with his jab in this one and pick up a points win.

Holland and Ponzinibbio should be wild for as long as it lasts. Holland I think will be too slick and will get the stoppage win eventually, but Ponzinibbio never dies wondering and will be throwing bombs from the first bell.

Rosas I have no real interest in at this point. He looks a solid prospect, but is years away from being a contender. Him getting the Sage/PVZ treatment of main card fights way before he's worthy just makes me want to see him lose.

Din said these guys are gonna go "balls to the wall"

yeah so i looked it up:

balls to the wall​

With maximum effort, energy, or speed, and without caution or restraint. The phrase most likely originated as an aviation term, referring to the throttle levers of military aircraft (which have a rounded ball on top) being pushed to their maximum limit (i.e., to the bulkhead, or "wall"). While it does not in fact refer to testicles, it should be used with caution because of this popular association.

anyway....we're LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE mofos, early prelims.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back