MMA-UFC UFC 284 - Makhachev v Volkanovski

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I mean not sure that's enough, Hooker flat out said he's a cheat.
Eugene also told Hooker to hold back but he was on the beers and going for it. It's very clear that alot of people are very suspicious and have very good reason to be.

Eugene also told Hooker to hold back but he was on the beers and going for it. It's very clear that alot of people are very suspicious and have very good reason to be.

Ha ha ok that makes a bit of sense then. Certainly I'd say where there's smoke there's fire, well I guess it just adds spice to the rematch at best, at worst well maybe Volk fights Olivera for the strap which I'm ok with really.

My guess is they know and have spoken to the nurse. Not just heard.

Ha ha ok that makes a bit of sense then. Certainly I'd say where there's smoke there's fire, well I guess it just adds spice to the rematch at best, at worst well maybe Volk fights Olivera for the strap which I'm ok with really.
Yeah the take out I got from Eugene's interview was they seemed to know for a fact he got an IV, but how can you prove how much exactly he took. He did say the 100mm allowance is so pointless, why would you even bother. So basically if you took an IV, you wouldn't stop at 100mm because it doesn't do anything.

But yeah I don't think they exactly planned on going with it but Hooker was on the piss and shot from the hip

The vast majority of draftees these days come from good private schools.

If you think that most of these kids have 'limited resources' you're kidding yourself.
If you really think a stack of 16-18 year old kids are abusing PEDs you’re kidding yourself.

All the evidence and circumstance is on my side of the argument but of course you’d know better than all that.

Who the * would be paying for the TAC doping program?
Why would there need to be a team-wide program?

This strawman argument nonsense you're engaging in is typical, like I said, people want to keep their heads in the sand.

Yeah sure, kids (and their parents) will make sacrifices to land a spot in the big league, but they wouldn't dope, that's just too far 🙄

If you really think a stack of 16-18 year old kids are abusing PEDs you’re kidding yourself.

All the evidence and circumstance is on my side of the argument but of course you’d know better than all that.

I didn't say 'a stack of them', my earlier comment was about the AFL being full of doping, and then somebody asked 'then why can draftees come in play well in the first year', and then I asked if they believe the under 18 comp is clean, and here we are.

A lot of people here would agree that the AFL is full of doping, but few if any want to believe that it happens at junior levels, which is fine, we can agree to disagree.

I wonder if those same people think no kids under the age of 18 are touching peds, or if its only the kids in the football pathways who definitely stay clean.

I didn't say 'a stack of them', my earlier comment was about the AFL being full of doping, and then somebody asked 'then why can draftees come in play well in the first year', and then I asked if they believe the under 18 comp is clean, and here we are.

A lot of people here would agree that the AFL is full of doping, but few if any want to believe that it happens at junior levels, which is fine, we can agree to disagree.

I wonder if those same people think no kids under the age of 18 are touching peds, or if its only the kids in the football pathways who definitely stay clean.
Id suggest that any under 18s level of footy would be incredibly rare (i also didnt say it NEVER happens, in fact i provided a single example of a guy i personally knew who did).

FWIW I doubt the AFL is full of doping (depending what your definition of doping is) for the reason i previously cited but i am also positive there is more of it than at u/18 level.

How many NAB leaguers do you think would be doping, as a percentage. Perhaps its just a misunderstanding of the volume.

Why would there need to be a team-wide program?

This strawman argument nonsense you're engaging in is typical, like I said, people want to keep their heads in the sand.

Yeah sure, kids (and their parents) will make sacrifices to land a spot in the big league, but they wouldn't dope, that's just too far 🙄
Mate your only argument is some tin foil conspiracy s**t and telling us our heads are in the sand. You've got anecdotal evidence from people who played it saying they saw nothing but you aren't even listening so what's the bloody point?

Mate your only argument is some tin foil conspiracy s**t and telling us our heads are in the sand. You've got anecdotal evidence from people who played it saying they saw nothing but you aren't even listening so what's the bloody point?

You 'saw nothing' when you played 20 years ago, yeah?

And therefore you dismiss any suggestion that doping goes on at junior level today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ all ******* mighty

Your reaction to my opinion on this topic gives the impression that you are very emotionally invested in your own opinion.

This is understandable, maybe in some way you see it as an attack on your won integrity as a TAC Cup player back in the day.

Anyway this is at best only tangential to the main topic which is to do with Makhachev and his alleged IV use.

If it is true that Ali tweeted something basically incriminating his own fighter and then deleted it, that's kinda funny and sad.

It all casts an unneeded cloud over the event (and any potential rematch) because, let's be real, nothing will come of it.

Your reaction to my opinion on this topic gives the impression that you are very emotionally invested in your own opinion.

This is understandable, maybe in some way you see it as an attack on your won integrity as a TAC Cup player back in the day.

Anyway this is at best only tangential to the main topic which is to do with Makhachev and his alleged IV use.

If it is true that Ali tweeted something basically incriminating his own fighter and then deleted it, that's kinda funny and sad.

It all casts an unneeded cloud over the event (and any potential rematch) because, let's be real, nothing will come of it.
Just for the record your attention to detail and assumption of motivation for Kent is a mile off cause he wasn’t the one who claimed to have played TAC and supported my claim it wasn’t seen.

I heard auskick is just ripe with PEDs, all those idiot parents starting in the TAC are way too late.
They also bro hug a lot between quarters. Never seen that type of thing before, must be the juice doing it.

Just for the record your attention to detail and assumption of motivation for Kent is a mile off cause he wasn’t the one who claimed to have played TAC and supported my claim it wasn’t seen.

Fair enough, it doesn't change my observation that some folks seem very emotionally invested in their belief that the AFL / feeder leagues are clean.

Why would somebody get mad at me just for having a different opinion?

Im not even sure Ali knows the rules of MMA nowdays, let alone the finer details of what and whats not illegal in terms of IV drips
Could just be a hilarious coincidence, but the manager of the guy accused using illegal levels is hilarious at best

Volks issue getting another title shot at 155 is that Makhachev hasn't fought any of the top 10 except Oliviera. Not gonna be able to jump over a bunch of those guys unless he absolutely destroy his opponents at 145 again and Islam calls for it
Also, Islam also has a win against Tsarukyan, Who is an absolute killer and better then higher profile guys like Chandler

Im worried about Joe Rogans brain if he thinks Volk won, Easily a 3-2, and the 4-1 isn't as bad upon watching it again twice, round 3 is super close, I dont think anybody sane could give 4 to Volk

Some good discussion about if you stand them up at a stale-mate, I mean, If Gaethje or Strickland on your back and nothings happening, yeah think about it, But to stand a guy like Islam when he has someones back is nuts. It's such a dominant position

Remove this Banner Ad

Back