Society/Culture Tucker Carlson - Fired from Fox. Sacked. Terminated. Given the heave-ho.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've asked at least 5 posters who went to the effort to post the interview on bigfooty to let us know what they learnt.
Aside from the long history lesson, one of the interesting points was this:

Russia ditched communism in 1991 and hoped to build good relations with Europe/US. Putin said he had a good relationship with Bush Jnr and asked about the chances of Russia joining NATO (this was early 2000's).

After some thought, the answer was no. Hence why Russia sees NATO as a threat. There were a few reasons for this rejection IMO:

(1) Russia was dealing with internal strife (Chechnya) at the time. Their forces had been ruthless and committed war crimes, destroying several towns and murdering their inhabitants.

(2) The US wants to keep pouring money into their military. This would have been harder to justify if Russia became a friend. Now that China has moved into 2nd place, this is no longer an issue.

(3) The US wants to be top dog in NATO. They basically run the show. Who's second?

So now BoJo is wortn listenin To
Wouldn't be on his own exactly in thinking Putin can't be trusted.

Putin and his apologists like to pretend BoJo was the sole cause of the April '22 peace talks falling through. Reality is some stuff had been signed off by both parties but there were still areas where they weren't in agreement. Putin even mentions this in the Tucker interview - or glosses over it, to be more accurate.

Putin also confirmed no interest in attacking Poland, the Baltics or existing NATO countries.
Putin also said he wouldn't attack Ukraine, and is a career politician/dictator, so I wouldn't hold him to his word.

Thanks for the tag.

Like most people I didn't think there was much to take out of it and it didn't end up warranting the hysteria it caused.

Can you give Tucker Putin a score for each of these categories?

Mixture of journalism, entertainment and opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putin also said he wouldn't attack Ukraine, and is a career politician/dictator, so I wouldn't hold him to his word.
Russia has had more than enough trouble defeating their much smaller neighbour. Why would they (effectively) declare war on thirty countries?

Pissing myself watching that clip of him in the grocery store.

"This makes me ANGRY. I don't know about you, but this makes me want to RADICALISE against our leaders and KILL JOE BIDEN"

You post suggest you are., and pro Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Maybe because your take on things is too simplistic.

I really have no side in this war. I think it is a lose lose war.

There are bad elements in Ukraine and when someone says they are fighting Russia cos democracy is at stake should be laughed out of the room. But I also don't like Putin and his expansionist zeal for Russia.

I actually despise both sides

Maybe because your take on things is too simplistic.

I really have no side in this war. I think it is a lose lose war.

There are bad elements in Ukraine and when someone says they are fighting Russia cos democracy is at stake should be laughed out of the room. But I also don't like Putin and his expansionist zeal for Russia.

I actually despise both sides
Your post don't indicate that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back