Banter TRTT Part 15: David KOCH on Epstein List!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Melt alert:

Jesus Christ the absolute state of the real estate/rental industry. I dunno if anyone else has gone through the process of renting lately, but it's an absolute shitshow. The ACCC needs to pull their finger out. Basically property managers have outsourced doing any work to third party data scrapers like 2Apply, Snug, Sorted, etc. I mean it's bad enough to begin with you have to give your entire life history to some snotty 20 year old property manager with no idea to begin with. But these third party apps require s*t like what type of car you drive, what's your registration, what's your mother's maiden name, where does your pet go to the vet, where were you working 5 years ago. To make matters worse, it's all automated so every single ****** time you apply, your contacts/references get spammed with requests to verify. This could be someone you worked for 3 years ago. All these garbage sites also try to upsell you on s*t like PAYING for having a background check done, and PAYING for them to save your data? Are you ****** kidding me? With the recent data breaches in this country there's no way these dogshit sites aren't flogging your data off anyway.
Oh, and that's even if the clunky, buggy mess of an application even lets you submit, and doesn't freeze up halfway through or not let you progress because a link is broken.
It's gone from filling in a couple of pages of a form that takes 10 minutes, to literal HOURS of work, uploading bank statements, payslips, rates notices, a copy of your astrological chart etc. it's utterly diabolical and just serves to reinforce that anyone who isnt a property owner is to be treated as subhuman scum.
A truly distopian nightmare.
It's always handy to know a real estate agent or two and if you don't the next time you meet one on a night out buy them a drink & get chummy it can save you so many hassles. I know I can get rentals without even filling out applications with two agents just because I got on the turps with them & have mutual friends etc. it's laughable really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back